#41 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,769 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostCathy, on 22 January 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

all my Vindis have a K/D of over 2 except the 1AA which is 1.41, they've never been terrible just not popular

Because KDR is all that matters in measuring a mech's performance Posted Image

I love the Vindi but that doesn't mean I'm delusional to believe that it is not a terrible mech. I do need to take it out more, I haven't given them enough love lately.

#42 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:34 AM

The Vindi has an additional 17 armor to the CT. And similar in other places. It has performance quirks. Rate of heat loss quirk that's usually reserved for lights. And of course weapon quirks. But even then it's best role is the one that minimizes it's exposure. They might as well give it some JJ quirks. Or they could just say screw it and give it more hard points.

The Firestarter needs the treatment as well. Performance, Armor, and weapon quirks. At the very least some leg armor to start, perhaps some turn rate. And the rate of heat loss because all the other lights get it.

35 tonners are in a precarious state where it's size is too big for it's role, but it's available tonnage is too low for anything else.

Edited by MechaBattler, 23 January 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#43 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,769 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 23 January 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

It has performance quirks. Rate of heat loss quirk that's usually reserved for lights.

These quirks are reserved for mechs that have engine caps below 250, the reason the BJ didn't get it was because it was already a good mech when they added those quirks. Though why they have those quirks rather than fixing the disparity between engine and external DHS is beyond me.

#44 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

It's probably just easier to code than rejiggering the engines.

#45 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

Nowadays I play FS9s more often than the average bear. They're definitely marginalized in today's field; not easy to play. Although up-armor is something anybody would love to have, the one characteristic this larger version always feels like it's missing -- and a change PGI could immediately make to all variants without regret -- would be strong (~30%) accel/decel and reverse speed quirks.

Like, seriously, hotfix those in and at least the 'Mech had something to go with.

#46 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Look at the buffs on the Panthers and Wolfhounds; mechs that are still awful despite those "god tier quirks" (yes there is a thread out there where someone referred to them that way).

Now consider if the Firestarter had equivalent/similar quirks.

No one would ever play a Wolfie or Panther...or buy a Wolfie or Panther...ever again. And that is why PGI has not buffed the Firestarter.

Edited by Bud Crue, 23 January 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#47 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 January 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Look at the buffs on the Panthers and Wolfhounds; mechs that are still awful despite those "god tier quirks" (yes there is a thread out there where someone referred to them that way).

Now consider if the Firestarter had equivalent/similar quirks.

No one would ever play a Wolfie or Panther...or buy a Wolfie or Panther...ever again. And that is why PGI has not buffed the Firestarter.

Those come in the form of mechpacks.

The Firestarter does not have a mechpack (outside of those meh mastery packs).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users