Watch And Learn, Here's The Deal. Slip And Slide On This Nerfana Peel! (And A Side Rant)

43 replies to this topic

#21 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostBombast, on 22 January 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

The search for free video editing software that was designed to be used by someone who wasn't going to dedicate 40 hours to learning shortcuts continues.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/ Posted Image

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 21 January 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

I was going to buy a Javelin package.

They shot that idea right the f*ck down. Their inept balance changes are bad enough, but the explanations for them are simply insulting.

Also consider that PGI would probably nerf it repeatedly for "overperforming relative to other 30-ton mechs." (Except Cheetah of course, but consider that the Cheetah itself has been nerfed at least four freaking times).

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 January 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Also consider that PGI would probably nerf it repeatedly for "overperforming relative to other 30-ton mechs." (Except Cheetah of course, but consider that the Cheetah itself has been nerfed at least four freaking times).

That just means PGI is acquiring Nerf products in their offices for their down time.

#24 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

I've not uninstaled it yet.

I've even ordered the Javelin, but might cancel if the 3D model looks as bad as the art work, and i'm playing a few drops here and there, but have no real enthusiasm for it any more, I just stay around for a while until it pisses me off and then I drop it for a month.

Have to much invested to give it the complete heave ho until my premium runs down

Edited by Cathy, 22 January 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#25 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

That's cool OP. I'll still buy mech packs because. I still love playing this game. As a matter of fact, I just bought the Huntsman. I think I need a new 55 tonner to play around with and toy with new builds. You know what? I'm really looking forward to the new skill tree. I can't wait to fine tune mechs and builds per variant instead of blanket changes made to the entire chassis.

I'm also looking forward to the new weapons they plan on releasing this summer. Should bring some much needed flavor to the battlefield. Hopefully, it even brings a better balance to the power difference between clan and IS. I'm sure it won't be perfect. However, I've been blessed with a functional brain and intend on using it to adapt to the changes the future may bring.

You should try it sometime.

Edited by The Potatoe Whisperer, 22 January 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#26 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostBombast, on 22 January 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

To bad Lightworks, like most 'professional' video software, is an incomprehensible mess that takes a 7 minute video tutorial just to learn how to cut a clip down.

The search for free video editing software that was designed to be used by someone who wasn't going to dedicate 40 hours to learning shortcuts continues.

EDIT: Hell, Lightworks seems to be the worst software I've come across lately, actually. I just tried to play a single 1 minute video, and it started choking on the video 10 seconds in. The hell is this mess?

Try following this. I skipped to 6:56 since the first six minutes is someone cutting and pasting some naruto garbage.

https://youtu.be/IMrxlD05bUg?t=416

Worst case scenario if you still absolutely hate it, just use Windows Movie Maker 2.6 if you have a windows OS. It's a little more user friendly but very limited to what you can and can't do.

When it comes to picture editing I use Adobe CS6 which I've used for my texture work in Table Top Simulator. Unfortunately, Adobe CS6 is not cheap for most people. IMO I think it's worth the price because if you learn photoshop, you can practically do anything with pictures. This is some of the basic texture work and imports I did for TT Sim with Adobe CS6 and Blender.

Spoiler

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 22 January 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#27 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

View Postburns, on 22 January 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'll try it again later, but I just booted it up, put a single one minute video into it... and it immediately desynced the audio from the video without me doing anything.

God I hate this crap.

EDIT: Christ, this one's even worse. Where do you all dig this stuff up, and how on Earth do you get it to work? I can't even get this one to actually sync audio and video.

Edited by Bombast, 22 January 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#28 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:21 AM

View PostBombast, on 22 January 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'll try it again later, but I just booted it up, put a single one minute video into it... and it immediately desynced the audio from the video without me doing anything.

God I hate this crap.

EDIT: Christ, this one's even worse. Where do you all dig this stuff up, and how on Earth do you get it to work? I can't even get this one to actually sync audio and video.

That´s weird, what recording software do you use?

I´ve been using avidemux exclusively on my new rig since i cannot be arsed installing adobe premiere, and basically everything on my youtube last year went through it without a problem. I´m using shadowplay for recording.

If you are using fraps (or even an outdated version of it) it might very well be the culprit.

Edited by burns, 23 January 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#29 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

View Postburns, on 23 January 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

That´s weird, what recording software do you use?

I´ve been using avidemux exclusively on my new rig since i cannot be arsed installing adobe premiere, and basically everything on my youtube last year went through it without a problem. I´m using shadowplay for recording.

If you are using fraps (or even an outdated version of it) it might very well be the culprit.

Fraps (Up to date), and I refuse to believe its that programs fault, because Windows ****ing Movie Maker can handle the files. And I actually tried just adding a file to avidemux, testing it without any edits to see if the video and sound was desynced (It was), saving the files, and replaying it, and lord above, the file it kicked outwasn't desyned. The program is just completely unable to represent the files loaded into it as they are, which is useless.

Nice it works for you, though.

EDIT: Oh, and the video it saved prompt desynced itself when reloaded for editing as well. So it doesn't seem like it handle it's own output either.

Edited by Bombast, 23 January 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#30 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:33 AM

Well, that's what you get when you ignore the base lore of a franchise.
Balance of IS and Clans was never meant to be achieved on a mech basis.
Balance was mediated by numbers, the batchall system and clan infighting.
A constant struggle for IS against superior tech.
A constant struggle for clans with culturally self imposed logistics and force restrictions.

But that is gone long ago...

#31 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostBombast, on 23 January 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Fraps (Up to date), and I refuse to believe its that programs fault, because Windows ****ing Movie Maker can handle the files. And I actually tried just adding a file to avidemux, testing it without any edits to see if the video and sound was desynced (It was), saving the files, and replaying it, and lord above, the file it kicked outwasn't desyned. The program is just completely unable to represent the files loaded into it as they are, which is useless.

Nice it works for you, though.

EDIT: Oh, and the video it saved prompt desynced itself when reloaded for editing as well. So it doesn't seem like it handle it's own output either.

Just adds to the strangeness. In that case i´d try either Shadowplay for once and see if it changes anything, or installing an editing software you deem proper/fit to see if the problems persist. I´ve been using fraps for years myself and although i cannot remember problems with desynching, i do remember that it´s rather picky about it´s codecs. You could try reinstalling those - they might´ve not updated properly across your system at some point.

Edited by burns, 23 January 2017 - 04:43 AM.

#32 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

To the tiny extent to which our feedback matters to PGI, I think it's important to be on point.

This should not be a crusade against nerfs. You can't balance a PVP game without ever using nerfs directly or indirectly, it's not possible. When people complain about nerfs specifically, Russ & Co will rightfully dismiss those people as morons.

In this case, I think you are aware that the real problem is dartboard balancing and PGI not really giving proper explanations about what their philosophy is. They're giving some bad explanations about how the SHC and SMN are now overperforming, but without any kind of context or further explanation, this almost makes things worse.

So I think it's important (again, to the extent that our feedback serves a purpose) to be clear that the issue is PGI's really weird decisions, not the nerfing per se.

#33 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

View Postburns, on 23 January 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

Just adds to the strangeness. In that case i´d try either Shadowplay

Shadow Play, while nice, refuses to see MWO as a program it can record (Though it will record the launcher). I've fixed this twice, each time taking several video driver reinstalls and hours or various other bull ****.

I do not care enough to do it a third, fourth, or fifth time.

for once and see if it changes anything, or installing an editing software you deem proper/fit to see if the problems persist.

There is no other editing software. I've been through scores of the damn things, and they all suffer from that same two problems - Outrageously non-intuitive to anyone without years of experience already, or non-functional on a basic level.

I´ve been using fraps for years myself and although i cannot remember problems with desynching, i do remember that it´s rather picky about it´s codecs. You could try reinstalling those - they might´ve not updated properly across your system at some point.

A codec would affect everything across the board, including Movie Maker.

It's all academic - It takes me 90 minutes to upload 1 minute of video to Youtube. I'm never going to be doing anything like that on anything other than maybe a bi-annual basis. It's more of a white whale thing, and the search continues.

Edited by Bombast, 23 January 2017 - 04:50 AM.

#34 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostBombast, on 23 January 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

There is no other editing software. I've been through scores of the damn things, and they all suffer from that same two problems - Outrageously non-intuitive to anyone without years of experience already, or non-functional on a basic level.

With all due respect, it´s most likely not the softwares fault anymore at that level.
You really should dig into the problem (!) that movie maker and movie maker alone seems to read your recordings right.

I just rescued my dads pc twice the other week and am still exhausted from his art-of-the-troubleshooting :D

#35 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

This is a weird thread. The OP's actual points (dart board balancing, etc.) appear to be largely abandoned in favor of a technical discussion of how to edit video.

In other words: PGI has alienated or made indifferent so many of its most ardent customers and supporters that they would rather discuss the technical ins and outs of making videos mocking the game and its mechanisms of development rather than actually discussing that game or those mechanisms.

Well done PGI.

#36 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

View Postburns, on 23 January 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

I just rescued my dads pc twice the other week and am still exhausted from his art-of-the-troubleshooting Posted Image

You don't have to troubleshoot it for me - I'm just telling you what kind of mess I'm looking at. I sure as **** don't give enough of a crap to try and sort it out (Honestly, the program you linked had at least 5 other problems which I noticed in the first 5 minutes, like the append function not actually doing anything, and the program's inability to recognize project files it itself has made, and thats after getting it to save a project in the first place as it argues over what constitutes a valid file name), so I can hardly ask, expect, or want you to bother.

View PostBud Crue, on 23 January 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

This is a weird thread. The OP's actual points (dart board balancing, etc.) appear to be largely abandoned in favor of a technical discussion of how to edit video.

In other words: PGI has alienated or made indifferent so many of its most ardent customers and supporters that they would rather discuss the technical ins and outs of making videos mocking the game and its mechanisms of development rather than actually discussing that game or those mechanisms.

Well done PGI.

Honestly, I had to check back to see what the topic was about again. It's presentation is terrible, and beyond that, its a standard 'I quit' post. Based on those merits alone, this thread deserved to die about 5 minutes after it was created, and that has nothing to do with PGI.

Edited by Bombast, 23 January 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#37 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostBombast, on 23 January 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Honestly, I had to check back to see what the topic was about again. It's presentation is terrible, and beyond that, its a standard 'I quit' post. Based on those merits alone, this thread deserved to die about 5 minutes after it was created, and that has nothing to do with PGI.

Oh I don't know, I think it has an awful lot to do with PGI

View PostArnold The Governator, on 21 January 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

So, I have a confession to make. I've recently uninstalled MW:O out of sheer disappointment of what PGI and their balance overlords are doing to their own game. PGI is going a great job pissing off their already declining player population with their unnecessary, unjustified nerfs and lack of reasoning to their players. Now with this being said, I'm one of many that bought an IS Marauder pack to support the return of the unseens. I want to support this game but I can't find any justification to do so now.

Want to win me back and buy more future mech packs PGI? Get your head out of the sand and stop making decisions with your dart board. Dedicate some devs to actually play the game and listen to community feedback when there are "balancing" problems.

Does anyone else feel frustrated to the point they actually want to spend their hard earned money on this game, but can't find any justification to do so besides "muh shiny new mechs?" I really wish PGI didn't have a monopoly over the battletech franchise like this.

You may disagree with the presentation, but most of those points are being discussed all over the forums to one degree or another since the patch notes dropped and every one of those issues comes back to PGI and their conduct toward balancing the game.

But whatever, I just find it amusing, and to an extent depressing, that folks would rather discuss the difficulties of editing video given that OP and the issues it is raising. To me that suggests we are too tired or too depressed to keep caring. That is most certainly something PGI should be concerned about.

#38 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 January 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

You may disagree with the presentation, but most of those points are being discussed all over the forums to one degree or another since the patch notes dropped and every one of those issues comes back to PGI and their conduct toward balancing the game.

And myself and others are discussing those things in those threads. Or I was, anyway. Don't think I have much more to say on those matters (I admittedly only play one of the mechs being balanced, so what I can say is limited). Why would we need to discuss it in another 'I quit' thread which, by the way, is actually against the CoC.

#39 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 21 January 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

I used Fraps when I recorded this. One of the really nice thing about Lightworks is that it doesn't use any watermarks to spam you into buying their software. However since it is free, you are limited to only a few features and 30 minutes of video to publish (But by the time you are done recording, editing, inserting stupid memes, etc. You won't nearly use half of that). Not sure with what you can find out there for free gaming recording software. Just try recording a match and mess around with it. I'm still learning about video editing myself, but it's alot of fun and pretty rewarding.

Here the Org. :

#40 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostBombast, on 23 January 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

And myself and others are discussing those things in those threads. Or I was, anyway. Don't think I have much more to say on those matters (I admittedly only play one of the mechs being balanced, so what I can say is limited). Why would we need to discuss it in another 'I quit' thread which, by the way, is actually against the CoC.

I suppose. By all means continue the video editing discussion; people seem to be more intrigued by it then the game that these forums were set up to discuss...even the OP apparently.

Edited by Bud Crue, 23 January 2017 - 07:53 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users