Well Into 2017 Why Isnt This Done By Now?

43 replies to this topic

#41 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 25 January 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Exploring the metro was definately more interesting than exploring empty desert with the occasional empty shack filled with low level loot that nobody cares about.

You are the only person I have ever seen that has defended the Metro. In my opinion, that's the worst bit of map in the entire new Fallout series. Just an atrocious mess, made worse because the constant loading from popping in and out of it just gave your game more opportunities to crash, and a nightmare in the early game, as there were several spots where you could spawn Talon retribution squad encounters that, because of the way you spawned at the bottom of staircases, would force you to load old saves because you didn't have a hope in hell of surviving.

Different strokes and all, but still - Yuk.

#42 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Im not mentioning the technical aspects, but exploring the metro was more interesting than empty desert + empty shack for sure. Also tough enemies could spawn in the metro, while NV was basically wild dogs, raiders with baseball bats, or some low level faction squad on patrol armed with machetes or service rifles.

#43 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 25 January 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Im not mentioning the technical aspects, but exploring the metro was more interesting than empty desert + empty shack for sure. Also tough enemies could spawn in the metro, while NV was basically wild dogs, raiders with baseball bats, or some low level faction squad on patrol armed with machetes or service rifles.

That's not true. Cazidors spawned randomly in several areas, as did Rad Scorpions (Only difficult early in the game, but it was there) and high level retribution/scouting squads from several factions (The Legion ones were particularly brutal).

Fallout 3 had Talon squads and Super Mutants, the Super Mutants being rather pathetic.

#44 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

Lots of this stuff has just been simply "de-prioritized" for the past several YEARS.

I think that the common explanation is that PGI is a small company that has limited resources, almost "hand-to-mouth", and they just had to deal with other goals first.

Justifiable I suppose, but when simple XL spreadsheet adjustments go ignored for years, that just doesn't ring true. It sounds more like they sometime just don't give a puck.

On another note, what happened here Johnny, did you drop a pom-pom or something?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users