#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 January 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

It's true. I do whatever the Meta Overlords tell me. That's how meta works. Posted Image

You promiscuous man-o'war you.

#42 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 January 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

It's true. I do whatever the Meta Overlords tell me. That's how meta works. Posted Image

The Meta Overlords will soon be telling you to master grasshoppers with the upcoming warhammer nerf Posted Image

#43 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 23 January 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

The Meta Overlords will soon be telling you to master grasshoppers with the upcoming warhammer nerf Posted Image

I'm still waiting for the Meta Overlords to finally circle around to making the Mad Dog or Adder into OP abominations.

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 23 January 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the Meta Overlords to finally circle around to making the Mad Dog or Adder into OP abominations.

Mist Lynx in 3...2...1...

#45 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 January 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Mist Lynx in 3...2...1...

Hero mist lynx: now with 4E torso hardpoints! Posted Image

#46 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 January 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

For me it's the level of alcohol in my blood.
Widow with 4 AC5 is pretty much sober.
Hunchy 4P with 9 flamer means i'm close to wasted.

This is the correct way to MWO.

#47 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 23 January 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I've had GHRs mastered for a year...

There's no chassis in the game I don't have 3+ variants of mastered.

I need help.

#48 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

i run every mech i havent mastered yet, and that list is getting very very short.

#49 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 January 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

I've had GHRs mastered for a year...

There's no chassis in the game I don't have 3+ variants of mastered.

I need help.

Well, I know I don't.

Due to massive boredom/indifference to the game, I haven't acquired a Kodiak or a Night Gyr yet.

Yes, I am disappoint.

#50 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

I pilot mechs based on nostalgia factor and slightly on performance. The Mad IIc is an old time favorite I have a blast in, the EBJ is a mech I enjoy when I want to run weird heavy builds, the nova (and the fridge) I take out when I care to run a medium and rarely you will see me in an Arctic Cheetah (I do well in it, but I tend to play heavier classes since I tend to run distraction and that works better when you live longer.)

#51 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 23 January 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

I use 2xCLRM20 Mad Dog and 3xCLRM10 Adder in my CW Caustic and Polar drops. They are indeed OP on those maps.

#52 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 January 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

I use 2xCLRM20 Mad Dog and 3xCLRM10 Adder in my CW Caustic and Polar drops. They are indeed OP on those maps.

2x cLRM15, 4x cMPL Prime is versatile on nearly all map.

#53 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

I pilot the mechs I do in the configurations I do... Because I choose to. Posted Image

More specifically, I do not allow the inference that unless I pilot the absolute apex meta mechs I am not a "contributor" and as such a liability tp my team get in the way of having fun.

The reality is I play to have "fun" which for me is not entirely linked to "winning".

#54 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 23 January 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Only mechs I really run on a regular basis are mechs that I enjoyed in previous Mechwarrior titles. There are exceptions that I make just because I enjoy the lore behind them, or the factions that used them, but it's mostly nostalgia.

Exactly the same here. But after Summoners were neutered along with all other Clan mechs during and after the release of the Quirken I switched over to 'meta' style Summoners.

Summoners are the primary mechs in use by some of my favorite characters from the novels, namely Aidan Pryde and Tyle "Horse" No-Last-Name. Posted Image

I also love the Mad Dog "A" stock variant and the only thing I change is armor allocation. I don't use it much though.... but might start again. They're fun even though they're covered in cardboard armor.

Another reason is I like how Mad Dogs and Summoners handle. Almost like MW2 and 3 Posted Image
The Timber Wolf was my go-to in MW2 but it doesn't handle in MWO the same at all--TT rate is a lot more sluggish so they don't appeal to me.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 January 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Is it pretty? Yes? Then I will give it a go. Is it fun and pretty? I will play it a lot.

You've just described exactly how I act about things in real life Posted Image

#55 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 January 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Well, I know I don't.

Due to massive boredom/indifference to the game, I haven't acquired a Kodiak or a Night Gyr yet.

Yes, I am disappoint.

<shrug> That's just life. I get it. When I get the three heroes I have done (need about 7K each), I'm caught up and not getting anything new till the Assassin. Leveling crap (at least crap that isn't my style) isn't as fun anymore.

#56 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

1) fun... get an idea for a build and go for it. (With a leaning towards meta weapons/ builds ... and currently with way to much interest in Uac2 and MGs)...

2) leveling mechs... though with the changes ahead and the sheer number of trash tier mechs (mostly on the IS side...) my plans are a changing... I still might complete the clan set... if I can convince myself use orion iics and highlander iics :/

3) from time to time running fully mastered meta builds. (Especially if scouting or in a group)

4) (I wanted to have effective fully mastered clan and IS mechs at each weight class - checked off a while ago)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 23 January 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#57 Knighthawk26

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBlack Forest

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:36 AM

I try to match the mech to the moment. If I have some new mechs, I play them a lot until they are elite at least. When I am grinding for C bills, I have a couple of good hero mechs. Most times I play tier 1 mechs that get me a couple of kills and 500+ damage on average in QP. I lean a little toward heavier mechs that have plenty of firepower and decent speed. I can play light mechs, but I am not as good at them as a lot of other players. I know how to play LRM's, but I don't, except as a medium mech in Faction Play on some maps.

In FP, I have a laser vomit drop deck for most maps and a dakka / DPS deck for hot maps or maps where my team usually pushes instead of poking.

Kodiak 3's and Timberwolves are my favorites. They are reliably awesome in QP.

#58 Nebuchadnezzar2

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

have been using DRG FANG as my main since beta

reason : the best balance between firepower, mobility and heat efficiency

i love arms hardpoints on the top of that, perfect for run and gun and knife fight

feels weaker since the arrival of clans (no longer considered fast mech and the game more and more leaning toward massive alpha)

still feels strong 1 on 1 mech nevertheless (due to it can always outmanuver its foe given correct terrain)

yes call me masochistic hipster

#59 tinnman94

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

I may be an idiot to say this and maybe insane for making 90% of my playtime in this mech and having five of them in total (hoping to drive a point home to pgi that they need a champ and hero of it when I post a picture of 40 bays of it): urbanmech

sanity has failed me before but not like this my love of the urbie extends far beyond sanity.

just the first one I bought made me want more trashcans so when I saw the collectors pack I jumped it and was happy as the trash I am. with the pack in hand and 5 urbie I walked the battlefields stalking my prey the first was a marader-IIc in my r63 in a facehug match. second was a spirit bear who got complacent and allow me to stand in front of him with my 21 rounds of ac20 in my r60L. soon multiple builds came about one with twin chainfired ac2's, 2 er large lasers and 4 mg with 6k rounds, another with ppcs.

finally we come to what I can say is the most productive model I have built called the urbanborn an r63(s) while it maintains the LB10X it loses the small pulse laser and sports an xl145 and has 2 tons of ammo and is case protected(I realize that with the xl case not really needed just better safe then sorry) I am the cleanup crew the LB10X shows it's stuff finishing most foes that had their armor stripped.

may I rot in my trash bin for all that I love is trash.(also lesson be learned locust pilots don't stop when I am around I will alpha you)

#60 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:20 AM

if it looks sexy I pilot it, exception is scoutign there I use ferrets because they are good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users