#41 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

With all the TBR can do? Poptart TBR, this build is disgusting.

Now it just needs a highmount 3B left torso, like that 3E A-LT, then it can have high mount dakka. Posted Image

That's not too "disgusting" and I'd laugh at its staying power if I were in a brawler.

A gauss +2PPC T wolf is much scarier.. not to mention harder to strip upon one torso loss.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 23 January 2017 - 06:56 PM.

#42 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 23 January 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

That's not too "disgusting" and I'd laugh at its staying power if I were in a brawler.

A gauss +2PPC T wolf is much scarier.. not to mention harder to strip upon one torso loss.

I don't like TBR pop tart build -- there are so much things TBR can do, and staying back jump sniping is a disgraceful thing.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostBombast, on 23 January 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

According to that survey, even the pugs don't think the Night Gyr has beaten the Timber Wolf.

TBF, NGyr was not available for C-Bills then. Also, Timbie is far more versatile than NGyr could ever be, thanks to its mobility. NGyr is not used on many CW decks because it cannot get to the combat and objectives fast enough.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 January 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#44 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

I just saw a video and a Night NTG had 4 CUAC5s
try putting 4 UAC5s on a TW

TW being on the top of the heavy list is very very questionable

#45 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 23 January 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

I just saw a video and a Night NTG had 4 CUAC5s
try putting 4 UAC5s on a TW

TW being on the top of the heavy list is very very questionable

Try making NGyr move at 87 kph and twist like a regular Clan heavy mech. Timbie might not be able to pack as much ballistic as NGyr, but it can do much better energy builds thanks to its ample DHS slots and large engine. And Timbie can follow the pack much better, as Clan packs move at 80 kph-ish speed.

In terms of viability, I say they are about even, with Timbie being better generalist.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 January 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#46 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

I just bought a Night GYR I play 55hrs a week lets give it a try

#47 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 23 January 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

I just bought a Night GYR I play 55hrs a week lets give it a try

My favorite build with it is 6xCUAC2s, or 2xCERPPC + 2xLBX5. NGyr is best used as a second line fire support mech, akin to KDK-3. Dish the damage, but try not to take much.

#48 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Both the TBR and the NGR have their flaws. The TBR has a tiny bit too large engine imo, a 350 would have been perfect. Reverse for the NGR, the engine is a tiny bit too small, a 325 would probably have been better. (Edit: a bit bad convergence on the NGR arm-mounted gauss too.) Together though they provide the options you need, mobile/agile capable heavy or extreme firepower heavy with decent mobility and JJ. Their lovechild would be OP... Posted Image

Last month I have mostly been playing my dual gauss/erppc NGR-JK, but yesterday evening I spent having a small farewell party in my WHM-6R. I have to say, there is no doubt that the NGR is a significantly better platform. Absolutely detrimental for faction balance to nerf the Whammys. GG.

Edited by Duke Nedo, 23 January 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#49 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 January 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

My favorite build with it is 6xCUAC2s, or 2xCERPPC + 2xLBX5. NGyr is best used as a second line fire support mech, akin to KDK-3. Dish the damage, but try not to take much.

When I dakka I roll with this one: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59cb1d7326e83a9 , but mostly I use the NGR as FLD dual gauss + pcc, it's disgustingly brutal.

#50 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 23 January 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

When I dakka I roll with this one: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59cb1d7326e83a9 , but mostly I use the NGR as FLD dual gauss + pcc, it's disgustingly brutal.

I use that dakka build in CW, but replacing the SLs with more ammo and TC1. With my play style, the SLs are rarely useful. Once ammo runs out the mech is better off replaced with a new one, rather than trying to knife fight with 4SLs.

Also, the D variant offer CT energy slot, so you can have 5 SLs, compared to 4 in other variants.

#51 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 January 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

I use that dakka build in CW, but replacing the SLs with more ammo and TC1. With my play style, the SLs are rarely useful. Once ammo runs out the mech is better off replaced with a new one, rather than trying to knife fight with 4SLs.

Also, the D variant offer CT energy slot, so you can have 5 SLs, compared to 4 in other variants.

Yeah, I tend to go in (a bit too) close so I find them useful for more burst. :) Don't own the -D though.

#52 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

ive been seeing the front swing both ways a lot in fp recently. one phase were winning and the next phase the other side is winning. thats a good sign that balance is good and that the elite teams have started to spread to both sides of the war. tomorrow that all gets flushed down the toilet.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 January 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#53 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

the poll doesn't take popularity for aesthetics into play
timber wolf is a good looking mech

#54 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:16 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 January 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

ive been seeing the front swing both ways a lot in fp recently. one phase were winning and the next phase the other side is winning. thats a good sign that balance is good and that the elite teams have started to spread to both sides of the war. tomorrow that all gets flushed down the toilet.

That is including tonnage handicap though... but make no mistake, balance will become worse tomorrow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users