Let's Talk: Wolf Hound Champion Discussion

21 replies to this topic

#21 CorvusLegion

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:25 AM

In my Eyes the first build might be nice but its basically a bigger and slower locust with more limitations to its firearc and thatfor its just a bigger target. I wouldn´t recommend it to newer players over a locust for any reason.

The second build is promising the largepulse can be used to get rid of UAVs or to harass from above on maps with suitable terrain and its overall more balanced then the other builds.

The last one is a bit odd, it would be a terrible choice for a beginner that just looks for a mech to get that performs well from the beginning.Because of it´s medpulses it´s doomed to have low firepower and high heatgeneration and thatfor wastes its tonnage.
But for a new player that starts with mech optimization it wouldnt be all that bad, removing the med pulses would allow u to field 5 small pulses and to add an additional heatsink, u´d even have slots and tonnage for a few additions like a beagle or ams ammunition while u still could add armor to the more valueable weaponarm.
It wouldn´t be better then the second build but to learn optimization and teamplay it would have a nice niche for a beginner.

So while i dont see any reason to ever bring the first build the other builds look more promising too me.
I personally would go for the third build but i wouldn´t mind seeing the second one as hero cause theres not that much to change to perform better with it.

#22 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

2 is good, with some weapon diversity, and all need good heat management. 3 is good with the AMS and has some decent close range firepower. I vote 3, because of the AMS everyone needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users