Year Of The Fire Rooster Event

156 replies to this topic

#41 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

A hint for those of you going after top match scores: you might wanna try doing that in scouting ;) It's much easier to be the best out of 4 players than out of 12.

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

About time I catch up with this...

View PostKael Posavatz, on 24 January 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

all those lance-in-formations, requiring players to play together...

Yeah... but isn't this game supposed to involve TEAMwork? How else do you win properly, especially when it works better to complete the objective than to kill the enemy? Didn't PGI miss giving enough in the Tutorial to actually teach people why it's better to play together, and not all be "Rambo"-nuts who are all trying to do the same role as one-man forces? ;)

View PostBWS2K, on 24 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I like that you've provided alternate methods of winning for those who can't game every day or some such. Well done. Posted Image

I like this as well. Although, "250 Cumulative Lance In Formation"? I had trouble with just getting like 150 of those on a Past Event! Maybe PGI could tone it down to 200 flat? Or maybe they could sweeten the pot with some Supply Keys, seeing as many would probably find that useful? :(

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 24 January 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Good Luck and Have Fun to All of you Posted Image .

Been waiting for an Event for a month or so, but this is .........
Might not be too bothered, the Personal Challenge prize is underwhelming compared to previous events.

I was hoping for more war horns, cockpit items, and grand prize - but hey can't really complain on free stuffs Posted Image .

By the way, FYI - Chinese New Year is a very big, if not the biggest, festival in certain countries.
You can see how excited PGI is with it (or not).

^^

Yeah, I've been noticing a lack of WarHorns as well during the last few Events. PGI really could do with awarding more. I've got several Mechs in my bays currently wishing they all had some. But hey, I'll roll with it for now, and look towards better things coming. At least there's some MC() to get. :unsure:

View PostJingseng, on 24 January 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Little disappointed there's no Whack-a-bushwhacker challenges

Yeah... But then again, PGI only awarded things like Active Premium Time, instead of a Random WarHorn or some MC(), which put a lot of people in uncomfortable pinches. Would be nice to see that come back with a WarHorn as a Reward, though. :mellow:

View Postmouser42, on 24 January 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

not sure if I'll be amaze or scare to see players in pug drops working together to get the 300MC prize .......terra therma might freeze over

Eh, PGI might actually see some appreciation of the facets of TEAMwork happen, then. People usually do things when they know there's something in it for them. Now if only PGI had thought to provide better Rewards for actually spending the time to not kill the whole enemy team in Assault, and instead go for the base cap. (Like come on, right now it's '3K C-Bills()/30 xp' for a Kill, and too many don't have the mental ability to consider it worth while to help the whole team -- including themselves -- get '10K C-Bills()/75 xp' for each and every pilot through the Base Capture! This really sucks for those of us trying to earn!) There's a big 'humdinger', but that's for a different thread. :huh:

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 25 January 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Lance in Formation?

last time tht was relevant I failed horribly.... just staying in vincinity of lancemate is not enough, when other lancemates don't comply?

Clever flanking when occasion exists - nope better stay in lance to get the MCs....

Eh, try changing your lance at the start of the match to one that's more likely to stay together. Then you'll have a better chance at it. Ever thought of covering your Assaults with an ECM field? -_-

As for me, I'll see you all out on the battlefields. I need some MC() and C-BIlls(), and will appreciate getting them. While I would enjoy racking up some 'Colors'/'WarHorns'/'Supply Keys'/'General XP'/etc. along with it, I can see that PGI's having trouble picking good combinations to please the crowd. So I'm gonna roll with it, and hope that things improve by the next Event. I do enjoy having multiple targets to reach, particularly when they're all tuned reasonably. Heck, maybe I'll catch a PGI Dev who's LiveStreaming, nail them, and score something I've heard fables of. But, who knows? B)

~D. V. "time to blot out the sun... hope for better to come in the future..." Devnull

[Edits by author for missed thoughts...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 26 January 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#43 brove

• Pip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

wow, 250 "lance in formation"... got the 6 top scores full, only 1/3 of the 2nd challenge yet :/

#44 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Event doesn´t work.

ty

#45 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostOllie Rifleman Brown, on 26 January 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Event doesn´t work.

ty

Ollie, I was trying to report the same problem, but found out by accident that I needed to click the "Year of the Fire Rooster & Bushwacker Challenges" on the tournament page to view my progress.

Edited by InsaneRotta, 26 January 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#46 brove

• Pip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostInsaneRotta, on 26 January 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Ollie, I was trying to report the same problem, but found out by accident that I needed to click the "Year of the Fire Rooster & Bushwacker Challenges" on the tournament page to view my progress.

yeah, just check out http://mwomercs.com/tournaments, gonna be fine.

#47 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

thx

found it and works.

#48 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Once again, my narc RVN-3L gets screwed by the kill-only game scoring system. Posted Image

#49 JD Wack

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

(SQW wrote "Once again, my narc RVN-3L gets screwed by the kill-only game scoring system")

Right! It's nice bonus, 10000 c-bills if someone makes a kill of a narc'ed target. But compared to the tag-laser, it's weird that you don't get bonuses for hitting someone with a beacon, or even bsed off of the damage dealt by seeking missiles to a narc'ed target. Especially in quickplay, where team-loadout, map, gamemode and (semi-)chosen tactical manouvering are all to large degrees completely random - it often ends up 3 ton of dead weight plus additional stones of ammunition, when it comes to gamescore and associated c-bill rewards.

On topic, now - wow. What a great time to be a budding mechwarrior in. I just had my one question answered, where to find ongoing progress, by another poster. So left for me is just to remark on how nice it is to find I not only stand a chance at getting a prize - I am actually making good progress on all parameters! Who knew?!? I mean, I had an inkling I might be doing decent. But this is somthing else! Great stuff.

Also,sorry for the weird copy/paste quote; I can't figure out how and if the buttons work. Probably some addon program of mine.

#50 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Is there any way for me to track my progress during the event?

#51 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostXaius, on 26 January 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Is there any way for me to track my progress during the event?

Edited by SQW, 26 January 2017 - 09:51 PM.

#52 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostJD Whack, on 26 January 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

(SQW wrote "Once again, my narc RVN-3L gets screwed by the kill-only game scoring system")

Right! It's nice bonus, 10000 c-bills if someone makes a kill of a narc'ed target. But compared to the tag-laser, it's weird that you don't get bonuses for hitting someone with a beacon, or even bsed off of the damage dealt by seeking missiles to a narc'ed target. Especially in quickplay, where team-loadout, map, gamemode and (semi-)chosen tactical manouvering are all to large degrees completely random - it often ends up 3 ton of dead weight plus additional stones of ammunition, when it comes to gamescore and associated c-bill rewards.

It's actually only $10k on a narc kill. Even on Polar, it's rare to get more than 2 before the dying mech would just charge your team before dying and gets taken down by a laser. *sigh*

But narc is never dead weight in QP for me. I love how this under-used tool can turn the tide of battle as long as my team has one LRM boat or how it makes cheetahs and locusts almost useless.

#53 Freebrewer Bmore

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, USA

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

What's up with the leaderboard for the BSW-X2 specifically? I played a bunch of matches in it but my score is not showing. In fact it only displays scores for 24 players at the moment, as if that's all that have played a match with the variant.

#54 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Is there a problem with the X2 leaderboard or is it just me?

#55 Hydrothermia

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

View PostFreebrewer Bmore, on 26 January 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

What's up with the leaderboard for the BSW-X2 specifically? I played a bunch of matches in it but my score is not showing. In fact it only displays scores for 24 players at the moment, as if that's all that have played a match with the variant.

View Postel piromaniaco, on 27 January 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Is there a problem with the X2 leaderboard or is it just me?

Looks like it. I've played mostly in the X2 and it still only shows 30-ish people on that leaderboard.

#56 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

@Freebrewer Bmore, el piromaniaco: It is not just you, my X2 match is not being shown either... despite the fact that the S2 leaderboard has updated thrice since the X2 match was played. :(

Switching to X1 for now...

#57 Stormravin

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Same here, none of my X2 matches are showing on the leader board.

#58 Greenburg Godzillas

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

I came to ask about the X2 leaderboard as well. Looks like I'm not the only one missing matches. Posted Image

#59 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 761 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

BSW-X2 matches seem not to be counted for the leaderboards or are delayed by far more than one hour. Pls check!

#60 Brother Calidus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

Yeah my X-2 isn't being counted, which sucks as I got two really good games in it at the start of the event. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users