#21 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostStarbomber109, on 25 January 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I found that my evolution as a player was inversely proportional to my rear armor.

100% truth!

#22 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

If I or anyone with a high alpha laser vom or splat mech got behind you, that back armor is not going to save you.

Edited by RaptorCWS, 27 January 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#23 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 26 January 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

(and 10 is an obscene amount of back armor imo).

Think 10 is obscene? How about 25? I was tinkering in the mech lab last night and noticed when I built my IV-FOUR I brain-farted and forgot to redistribute my center torso armor. I've been running it STOCK! 25 points of back armor! Get your head in the game, Dex! Dropped it down to 5. Whole new mech ;)

#24 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the LAACPA (Locust And Arctic Cheetah Pilots' Association).

#25 f00lish1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 25 January 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

With proper positioning, targets are ideally downrange.

Front armor saves you 19 of 20 times while rear armor only saves you 1 out of 20 times.

The people beating you badly are likely using paper thin rear armor. If you are using 20 rear armor and your opponent is using 4 rear armor on a 70 ton mech that means they have 20% more armor protection. (4 rear armor or less)

Once in a blue moon you will get backstabbed, but just shrug it off as bad luck or part of learning and resist the temptation to bump up your rear armor.

If you do an experiment where you increase your torso armor by 1 pt in the direction you die from, it would float between 0 and 1 pretty much forever. *unless you are the absolute weakest player in the game pretty much.

Specific to CW, making these changes will increase you survivability across 4 mechs. I run out of ammo way more than I get killed by headshot.

Finally, all your weapons are forward firing(which should be giving you a raging clue right now). There are no rear mounted weapons in MWO.

Now this might sound crazy, but I would double down on this as it applies to head armor for most mechs. I run out of ammo way more than I get headshot killed.

Edited by f00lish1, 27 January 2017 - 02:59 PM.

#26 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 22 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

This is when you pull out the 10% Front, 90% Rear armor build. Nobody expects it, so when they alpha you and realize your armor is still in the yellow, they just surrender and give up.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users