Jump to content

Welcome To The New Community Page!


21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:53 AM



Hey MechWarriors!

This is a new blog spot for you to find out what's up and new in the MWO community!
This could consist of anything that YOU as the players have created or planned and would like to have publicly posted about, of content such as a contests, tournament leagues, events, fan-art, fan-fiction, charities, streams, machinima videos or any interesting content related to the BattleTech and MechWarrior franchise!

Make sure to come back and check out these announcements often or even share your creations to community@mwomercs.com to be posted here!


#2 LordLosh

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

I like this

#3 charov

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Looks good! :)

#4 Mycrus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Why no mwo reddit on the links?

#5 BanditB17

    Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostMycrus, on 26 January 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

Why no mwo reddit on the links?

r/mwo isn't officially recognized. All the content contributors moved to r/OutreachHPG some time ago.

Edited by BanditB17, 26 January 2017 - 11:10 PM.


#6 Anunknownlurker

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Most excellent. Let's see this space grow.

#7 Cox Devalis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 995 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

I love it. Really. Good idea.

Now let's bring CW maps back to CW. Posted Image

Edited by Cox Devalis, 27 January 2017 - 04:30 AM.


#8 BMKA

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:06 AM

Looks nice

#9 mp00

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

Very nice, keep up the good work!

#10 Reza Malin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Looks like some work went into this, good stuff!

#11 BWS2K

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, US

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

I actually pulled out of my social networks for a while and had given serious thought to leaving MWO as well (as a community member, not as a player). I logged on last night to check the event stuff and saw this announcement. It's a *huge* step forward, in my opinion. Maybe I'll stick around a little longer... ;)

#12 Swagpanda89

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

Sweet! Thanks Tina!

#13 Nightmare1

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,628 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Very nicely done Tina!

Also, cool Twitch banner! Are there plans to make a YouTube banner as well?

#14 Gemini Bull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 202 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 29 January 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

Very nicely done Tina!

Also, cool Twitch banner! Are there plans to make a YouTube banner as well?


I was thinking the same thing. I post MWO videos on YouTube every week. Adding a YouTube banner will help out a lot of MWO YouTubers. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Nightmare1

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,628 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostGemini Bull, on 29 January 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:


I was thinking the same thing. I post MWO videos on YouTube every week. Adding a YouTube banner will help out a lot of MWO YouTubers. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Same! I have a huge video library including a lot of Training Videos for new players. There's isn't an easy way to display it all though.

#16 Tina Benoit

    Community Manager

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Heya! Thanks for all the comments!

Twitch has a unique page related to all live streams MechWarrior Online, so we were able to easily implement all Live Twitch Streams tagged under the MechWarrior Online twitch page to this widget like banner.
Unfortunately YouTube works differently and doesn't have this type of page where we can sync it to a banner like this.

So the way we can get around this and add your YouTube videos is by adding them to the News posts as a Community Spotlight announcement. I'm totally open to taking one of your new videos each week to post up in the announcements like this one!
Just send them to me at community@mwomercs.com with any kind of description you'd like and I'll post it up. (don't send me your entire YouTube channel, just pick 1 video to highlight per post so it's a specific topic, not just a channel as a whole with no focus to point at.)
I'll most likely limit it to 4-5 announcements per day though just so things don't disappear too quickly!

#17 BWS2K

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, US

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 30 January 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

(don't send me your entire YouTube channel, just pick 1 video to highlight per post so it's a specific topic, not just a channel as a whole with no focus to point at.)

Uh... my entire YouTube channel is Mist Lynx videos so... ;)

Excited to see where this page goes, as it's really a big piece of what was missing with the MWO community. Well done, and thanks again!

#18 Gemini Bull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 202 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 30 January 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Heya! Thanks for all the comments!

Twitch has a unique page related to all live streams MechWarrior Online, so we were able to easily implement all Live Twitch Streams tagged under the MechWarrior Online twitch page to this widget like banner.
Unfortunately YouTube works differently and doesn't have this type of page where we can sync it to a banner like this.

So the way we can get around this and add your YouTube videos is by adding them to the News posts as a Community Spotlight announcement. I'm totally open to taking one of your new videos each week to post up in the announcements like this one!
Just send them to me at community@mwomercs.com with any kind of description you'd like and I'll post it up. (don't send me your entire YouTube channel, just pick 1 video to highlight per post so it's a specific topic, not just a channel as a whole with no focus to point at.)
I'll most likely limit it to 4-5 announcements per day though just so things don't disappear too quickly!


And one was sent. Posted Image More Power to the MWO players!!!!Posted Image

#19 Nightmare1

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,628 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 30 January 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Heya! Thanks for all the comments!

Twitch has a unique page related to all live streams MechWarrior Online, so we were able to easily implement all Live Twitch Streams tagged under the MechWarrior Online twitch page to this widget like banner.
Unfortunately YouTube works differently and doesn't have this type of page where we can sync it to a banner like this.

So the way we can get around this and add your YouTube videos is by adding them to the News posts as a Community Spotlight announcement. I'm totally open to taking one of your new videos each week to post up in the announcements like this one!
Just send them to me at community@mwomercs.com with any kind of description you'd like and I'll post it up. (don't send me your entire YouTube channel, just pick 1 video to highlight per post so it's a specific topic, not just a channel as a whole with no focus to point at.)
I'll most likely limit it to 4-5 announcements per day though just so things don't disappear too quickly!


Very cool, thanks Tina! I will have to look over mine to pick out a really good one!

Thanks for your efforts on the Community involvement! :)

#20 naterist

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

could pgi do rotations of community created training videos in its own highlighted space, and put some links to it in the new player forum? snuggles time did a cool one on dropcalling just recently and there are numerous series on new player help scattered all over the internet, and i think it would be cool if we could put them in their own space on here thats easy for newer people to find and be linked too, while were on the subject of videos is why i ask. would be very helpful to some people still new to the game to have them all centralized in one spot.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users