2017 Reinforcement Variants Options (Concept Models Inside!)

61 replies to this topic

#41 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

I would suggest the Battlemaster C, it's a clan refit with most new tech

Loadout: 4x CMPL, 2x CERML, a ATM6 with 3 tons of ammo.

Have a XL.340, Ferro, and endo

Only problem it uses a HAG 30 which is not available as of right now.

Also the Battlemaster 4S that the C variant is based off of

Loadout

Guass Rifle with 3 tons of ammo, 4 ERML, 2 Med Lasers split in each ST, srm6 with artemis with 2 tons of ammo

LFE 340, and Ferro

Both can be added in the game and making the Battlemaster unique being the only mech with a variant refitted with clan tech for Clan usage.

#42 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

I was thinking on this but that opens a whole Pandoras box.

Annihilator C is also an option among a few other chassis. But like I said balance nightmare. Where does the line get drawn in the sand ect. Plus I would find it really weird if Clan units were using IS mechs on front line engagements. (I mean I scratch my head on how the IIC's are use, expecially the Hunchback IIC as one of the best mediums to run yet in lore the thing was your death trap to die as a warrior!). On the Flip side if IS got access to Clan Mechs it would be like MW4 all over again and all the "L33T" IS/Merc would just run clan chassis. Which by lore would be extremely rare! Even by elite house unit standards.

#43 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 March 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

I was thinking on this but that opens a whole Pandoras box.

Annihilator C is also an option among a few other chassis. But like I said balance nightmare. Where does the line get drawn in the sand ect. Plus I would find it really weird if Clan units were using IS mechs on front line engagements. (I mean I scratch my head on how the IIC's are use, expecially the Hunchback IIC as one of the best mediums to run yet in lore the thing was your death trap to die as a warrior!). On the Flip side if IS got access to Clan Mechs it would be like MW4 all over again and all the "L33T" IS/Merc would just run clan chassis. Which by lore would be extremely rare! Even by elite house unit standards.

Would I turn down a WHM-6R C? Nope.... But what it does do, and I am fully aware it does this:

Posted Image

On one hand, opening up mix tech makes some questionable IS mechs, and makes them strong, since they can now use Clan spec engines, heat sinks and weapons. As much as I love my Bushwackers, I know they are flawed mechs from the flank, but if I could cram a Clan spec XL in there, she would be hell in a 55t mech. easy to spread damage when attacking, not hosed when flanked... Stalkers would become XL safe with cXL's... its a real snow ball effect....

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

No.

Why can we not just let the IS keep some good 'Mechs for themselves? Just because there is a Clan version of t, does not mean it should be in this game. There are very few IS versions of Clan 'Mechs and, unlike Clan refits of IS 'Mechs, they are *all* worse.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 23 March 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#45 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Love it! I so want the Shadow Cat H and Mad Dog D. Instabuy if PGI can do it, and I can finally replicate the Shadow Cat and Mad Dog from MW4 Posted Image Chin hardpoints for the Mad Dog, turning it into MDD MK II instantly and having both side torsos for the Shadow Cat assigned to any kind of missile weapons is just great!

But one thing. even if the MDD-C got ballistic arms, the D could have it to, only one Ballistic hardpoint per arm. Theres enough energy arms on the other MDD alredy and this would maybe make it less Pay to optimize aswell.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 January 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'd personally rather see it as a separate chassis. They could remove the lower arm actuators for it to have the high-mounted arms.

Also, wouldn't it be cool AF if the CT lasers were in a turret? One that used the arm-crosshair instead of the torso-crosshair?
(It could also set a precedent for the Wolverine's chin-turret to be made the same).
Posted Image

I do agree on what you said. The Mad Dog/ Vulture Mk II could very well be its own line of mech variants even if its very closely related to the original. Sure, to set it apart, the arms could be higher up, well kinda like the Mad Cat/ Timber Wolf MK II arms.
If the Chin turret is movable, then it could share the arm reticle, if non-movable then sharing the crosshair for other torso mounted weapons.

Lets see what PGI will do.

Edited by Tordin, 23 March 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#46 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Given the newtech, I would not be opposed to the Huntsman H:

Alt. Config. H

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 23 March 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#47 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

VTR-10L - I see what you did there :)

#48 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 23 March 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Alt. Config. H

The only way I would be ok with all the ECM H variants coming into the game is if ECM is changed to not provide any sensor stealth and returns to its actual intended function. The last thing we need is essentially a HBK-IIC with ECM.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 23 March 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#49 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 23 March 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Alt. Config. H

Sarna is incorrect in that the variant actually only has 4 Heavy Medium Lasers, not 5. Overall it's a pretty strange variant. ALL of the weapons are in the arms, and the ECM and AP are both in the legs.

#50 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

i still want the NVA-U,

just like A-Pods on the HBR-Prime,
remove the Liquid Cargo, Sword, & Welder

and add in 4Tons of DHSs,
as well as 4Tons of MG Ammo (Because 0.5Ton isnt Enough for 8MGs)
now you can Release this NVA-U,

#51 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 March 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

i still want the NVA-U,

and add in 4Tons of DHSs,
as well as 4Tons of MG Ammo (Because 0.5Ton isnt Enough for 8MGs)
now you can Release this NVA-U,

remove the Sword

Posted Image

#52 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

@Kira Onime,
hey now Calm Down,

personally i dont see why Melee couldnt be added,
just make it a weapon that has a range of 10-20m(Visual sword works like all Lego mech Weapons)
but like having 3Gauss when you Start using it(Charge up) you are unable to use/Fire other weapons,
the Charge is attached to an animation your mech will preform(only upper torso as not to affect Legs/Movement)

#53 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 March 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

@Kira Onime,
hey now Calm Down,

personally i dont see why Melee couldnt be added,
just make it a weapon that has a range of 10-20m(Visual sword works like all Lego mech Weapons)
but like having 3Gauss when you Start using it(Charge up) you are unable to use/Fire other weapons,
the Charge is attached to an animation your mech will preform(only upper torso as not to affect Legs/Movement)

j/k j/k

#54 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

To those who are contradicting Sarna: the "lore" went through its own update and rules change sometime during the mid '90's, during which the rules for calculating lighter tonnage were changed. It used to be exactly half. So if a standard engine weighs 22.5 tons, its XL variant would weigh 11.25 tons. They changed it so that everything goes by half-tons, making that XL engine weigh 11.5 tons. That slight weight increase forced a lot of weapons loadouts to change because they no longer fit on the 'mech. Sarna is being updated with the old set of rules, which personally make more sense and result in some much more logical builds, especially when referring to the Timber Wolf and its variants. The -C variant is the only one that originally had a CT energy hardpoint. The -A and -D had an ERSL added to account for the 'mech dropping 0.5 tons due to the rule change.

#55 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

Now for a post on the topic at hand: we've seen some of the later text-based loadout suggestions added to the game. (Specifically the Gargoyle-E variant), along with all of the new tech required to build the rest of these, except HAGs. Somehow, I doubt we'll see the Viper-F: combine those 8 machine guns with the 4 from the -C variant, and you've got a 40 ton Piranha. Given how much of a nightmare the 20 ton version is, I don't think anybody wants that. :)

That said, I would LOVE to see the DWF-C put in the game. I don't know what they'll do about the one-shot streak launcher, because the official build doesn't leave any free critical slots for a half-ton of ammo, but if they base it off the Rocket Launcher, I think they can make it work. It'd be a lot of work for a weapon system that absolutely NEVER gets used, though... :/

Most of these builds are similar to existing builds and don't represent too much of a threat to the current Meta. Obviously, there's going to be a lot of 4x LRM 20 Dire Wolves running around if the DWF-C and its arm-missile hardpoints are added, but we're all used to that, already. :) I just wish there was some way to get the attention of PGI and get them to add more variants of existing 'mechs than just as loyalty rewards every year (because at that rate, they'll never catch up).

#56 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 March 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

To those who are contradicting Sarna

Yeah, they were contradicting Sarna last year.

Also, I'd love a 40 ton Viperanha. I never use the Viper because of how anemic it can be already, but I love how it looks. I'd love an excuse to go BRRRRRRRRRT with one.

Edited by Catten Hart, 08 March 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#57 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

The last thing we need is more ECM options for clan chassis! Giving the mist lynx the option of putting it in the torso instead of the arm would allow for a ECM+MG boat that really would be difficult to counter.

#58 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostDogstar, on 08 March 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

The last thing we need is more ECM options for clan chassis! Giving the mist lynx the option of putting it in the torso instead of the arm would allow for a ECM+MG boat that really would be difficult to counter.

well i dont think the DWF or the MLX ECM options would really be a problem,
the DWF ECM isnt ganna save it too much, maybe stop some LRM Rain but wont stop any Direct Fire weapons,
and the MLX RT ECM wouldnt be ether, as it relegates you to 8MG & 2Energy, or 8Energy(at only 5.5Tons Free?)

#59 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

Did these variants ever arrive or was it all wishing?

#60 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Nope. We got a better Victor model and the Mad Dog with CT E Hardpoints is getting added as the new hero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users