15 replies to this topic

#1 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Can we please have one?
Preferably with multiple energy hard points on any (non LT) omnipod.

Seriously, it must be one of the very few mechs without a hero (Exe, IIC originals, any others?) does anyone know why?

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostBassie, on 30 January 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Can we please have one?
Preferably with multiple energy hard points on any (non LT) omnipod.

Seriously, it must be one of the very few mechs without a hero (Exe, IIC originals, any others?) does anyone know why?

They haven't made heroes for Wave II, Wave III, or IICs, yet. They just recently released heroes for Wave I clan mechs, so I'm assuming they are in the works.

#3 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

Oh dear. I see lll be sending PGI some money soon then.

I'd love some new hardpoint options for the scat and the Exe.

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

arent the IS heroes out first?

I could definitely go for a c-bill bonus skitty though

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

I want a Shadow Cat hero with 1-2 missile hardpoints in BOTH sidetorsos like the one in the MW4 intro, except not dying by missile truck fire (ams failure)... poor Sigma

Also a Mad Dog hero with at least 2 energy hardpoints in the CT adding a chin turret section, counting as CT. The ct's aim reticle could be aimed along with the arms aiming circle if possible.

Edited by Tordin, 04 February 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#6 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Shadow cat with more than 3 beam hardpoints would be amazing. The Mad Dog with CT beam would be amazing. A good hero with Mad Dog would be anything that had beam or ballistic (Preferably ballistic) in the side torsos

#7 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

This, right here, is the hero Shadow Cat I would like to see:

Posted Image
Posted Image

In short, it is a miniaturized Timberwolf Prime, minus the machine guns, significantly squishier, and with MASC. All the lasers were dropped down one grade, and the LRMs knocked down to 10's. The left torso is equipped with both an energy hardpoint and a missile hardpoint, while both arms have two energy hardpoints.

The name of the game? Sidegrades. What does this provide? Competitive options.

For starters, there is currently no real choice with the left torso. It's either take an ECM, or take ballistics, which can be taken in an arm, anyways. Outside of a 6 MG lulz build, that just isn't a particularly great trade for the ECM, as you do not have the pod space to take advantage of multiple larger autocannons. Having a 1E1M side torso not only opens up options for builds, but provides a solid, reliable alternative to an ECM side torso, providing credible options for a mech with its limited pod space.

With the arms, either you currently take a 1B right arm, 3B left arm (see issue with multiple ballistics above), 1E arms with ER quirks, or 1E1M arms. The ballistic arms might as well only have one B hardpoint for all the good it does with larger caliber weapons than MGs. This leaves the 1E arm for long range sniper builds, which are low damage output setups that only work if you are ignored for most of the game, or the 1E1M arms, which are ideal for brawlers or an LRM support configuration. If it was provided with a 2E arm option without quirks attached to them, it would provide a sidegrade to the default higher damage 1E1M arm, and an option to trade quirks for a set of extra lasers, allowing for a more mid-range skirmisher configuration.

#8 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

I would buy this Shadowcat.

I'd desperately love an alternative to the ECM omnipod. As was said above, the only option right now is to swap it for +3B, but you can already get +3B from the arm for non-Machine Gun builds, so sacrificing ECM for more machine guns is rarely interesting.

It'd bring a lot more diverse build types, and help (with the tradeoff of ECM and thus Stealth Armor as well) the Shadowcat deal with it's critical shortage of hardpoints which really, really limits it's options today.

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 18 March 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

I would buy this Shadowcat.

I'd desperately love an alternative to the ECM omnipod. As was said above, the only option right now is to swap it for +3B, but you can already get +3B from the arm for non-Machine Gun builds, so sacrificing ECM for more machine guns is rarely interesting.

It'd bring a lot more diverse build types, and help (with the tradeoff of ECM and thus Stealth Armor as well) the Shadowcat deal with it's critical shortage of hardpoints which really, really limits it's options today.

I mean, Stealth Armor is IS only, so that is a non-factor, but yeah. I dislike, heavily, that in the case of the SHC and the HBR, that ECM left torso is just the best option for 90% of the cases out there. Unlike the Hellbringer, it is a little easier to come up with a good alternative, given the ECM ST has no integrated weapon systems to begin with.

#10 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 11 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Quirks:

[CT] ENGINE: 325
[CT] ACCELERATION RATE: 10.00 %
[CT] DECELERATION RATE: 10.00 %
[CT] TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 5.00 %
[CT] STRUCTURE BONUS (LL): 7.00
[CT] STRUCTURE BONUS (RL): 7.00
[CT] STRUCTURE BONUS (LA): 7.00
[CT] STRUCTURE BONUS (RA): 7.00
[LT] MISSILE VELOCITY: 5.00 %
[RT] MISSILE VELOCITY: 5.00 %
[LT] ER LASER RANGE: -2.50 %
[RT] ER LASER RANGE: -2.50 %
[LT] SMALL LASER RANGE: -2.50 %
[RT] SMALL LASER RANGE: -2.50 %
[LA] ER LASER DURATION: -2.50 %
[RA] ER LASER DURATION: -2.50 %
[LA] SMALL LASER DURATION: -2.50 %
[RA] SMALL LASER DURATION: -2.50 %
[LL] ARMOR BONUS (LL): 4
[RL] ARMOR BONUS (RL): 4
[8/8] MISSILE COOLDOWN: -5.00 %
[8/8] SMALL LASER COOLDOWN: -5.00 %
[8/8] XP BONUS: 2.5%

Here's a different take on an omnimech hero-variant. What if the snowflake syndrome is also reflected upon the certain fixed engine? o_o

The idea of this build is a lightly-armed speedster, it's centerpiece is the immense speed and still has the masc.

Your thoughts?

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 March 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Twisted minds think alike, it seems!

#12 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

I want a Shadow Cat Hero that does this:

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:30 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 March 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Twisted minds think alike, it seems!

Lol, i did it first. You even liked the hero already.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 March 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Lol, i did it first. You even liked the hero already.

We were always on the same page, here. :P Specifically, regarding that left torso. 1E1M seems like one of the only logical trades for ECM. The other possibilities being 2M or 2E, but those are boring.

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 March 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

We were always on the same page, here. Posted Image Specifically, regarding that left torso. 1E1M seems like one of the only logical trades for ECM. The other possibilities being 2M or 2E, but those are boring.

Yeah, the jesus-box is really awesome precisely because it's OP. I really want something other than some ecm build. Then again i extended it to increased engine speed.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Yeah, the jesus-box is really awesome precisely because it's OP. I really want something other than some ecm build. Then again i extended it to increased engine speed.

See, and that is one of the three things I don't think I'd change on an omnimech hero.
  • Stock Armor
  • Hardwired Equipment
  • Engine Size
That said, I had a discussion that ended up more heated than it had a reason to with someone over Discord regarding Hero mech philosophy. His opinion was that there shouldn't be pay to win items or options hidden behind a paywall, while also stating that 2E arms or multi-non-ballistic left torso was P2W, despite a lack of ECM.

My opinion is that PGI is a company, and, while I agree pay to win shouldn't be allowed whenever possible, they are best off selling interesting options with a hero mech. Even if the stock build of the hero is garbage, if it provides new and unique omnipods than it can be worthwhile to get. They need to incentivize the purchase, somehow. I also do not see the 2E arms as a direct upgrade to the 1E1M arms, as one is better for mid range fits while the other is better for either close range brawling fits or long range LRM fits. I also see the ECM as a powerful tool for mid to long range builds, but of less importance in close range, brawling setups as the enemy will be close enough to get data on you regardless.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 22 March 2017 - 10:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users