How To Fix C-Xl Ii

33 replies to this topic

#1 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Greetings MechWarriors. Today I have a simple idea to balance C-XL against IS-XL. Let's give C-XL a chance to explode on Side Torso Loss based on the amount of damage taken, if it was a crit or not, and the operating temperature of the mech.

A high damage critical strike or a chance while operating at greater than 80% heat for your mech to spontaneously combust due to the operational stress. This will incentivize Clan Battlemechs to either use standard engines more frequently in their builds, or to manage their heat and roll damage more effectively.

What about mechs like the Summoner or Timber Wolf, which are both competitive omnimechs and are locked into a C-XL engine? We have two options. One. Give them some minor to moderate quirks to compensate, such as armor or heat generation quirks or two. Make the chance relatively small, so that it's, at worst, a minor annoyance.

Also IS-XL engines can survive side torso loss with similar penalties.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

All jokes aside, I still think that cXL's should stay the way they are, buff STD engines around the board with durability, and make it so that isXL engines don't get destroyed even if both ST's are destroyed, but if the destroyed ST's are hit by weapons fire, they get movement penalties similar to losing a leg for a short period. Obviously they would have heat sink/movement penalties for each ST destroyed on top of that, but preferably less than cXL's.

Yes, my ideas are crap. I admit it.

#3 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 January 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

All jokes aside, I still think that cXL's should stay the way they are, buff STD engines around the board with durability, and make it so that isXL engines don't get destroyed even if both ST's are destroyed, but if the destroyed ST's are hit by weapons fire, they get movement penalties similar to losing a leg for a short period. Obviously they would have heat sink/movement penalties for each ST destroyed on top of that, but preferably less than cXL's.

My ideas are often worse, deliberately so, if that makes you feel any better.

...And your gifs are always on point and amazing.

#4 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

Cazidin.............. Do I need to silence you? We have already had one troll potato use one of your threads as evidence of Lights being OP, and now you are giving his friends more ammo......

#5 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 31 January 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Spoiler

Cazidin.............. Do I need to silence you? We have already had one troll potato use one of your threads as evidence of Lights being OP, and now you are giving his friends more ammo......

Honestly, this one is pretty tame compared to what he's made before. Otherwise I'd be bringing out a specific gif that I have on hold for him specifically.

And anime gifs will set you free.

#6 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 31 January 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Fool! You cannot silence one as great and powerful as I! Also, that troll potato used my thread inappropriately. Nowhere in there was ANY evidence supporting his "argument."

View PostRestosIII, on 31 January 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Honestly, this one is pretty tame compared to what he's made before. Otherwise I'd be bringing out a specific gif that I have on hold for him specifically.

And anime gifs will set you free.

You have a special gif on hold JUST for when I go over the edge? Is that like the Doctor's four knocks? I'm... kind of tempted to create the most epic troll post just to see this now.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postcazidin, on 31 January 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

You have a special gif on hold JUST for when I go over the edge? Is that like the Doctor's four knocks? I'm... kind of tempted to create the most epic troll post just to see this now.

Don't. It's there for if you go over the edge with a post that is going to actually trigger me specifically into being pissed off at you. And trying to do that shouldn't be on your list of things to do.

#8 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 January 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Don't. It's there for if you go over the edge with a post that is going to actually trigger me specifically into being pissed off at you. And trying to do that shouldn't be on your list of things to do.

I have one for him as well. Its for when he gets around to another Light related topic..........

#9 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 January 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Hmm... honestly, it's not. I rather like you and your gifs, but I'm honored never-the-less that you've set aside a gif JUST for me and to let me know if I've gone full-maximum-over-troll. You're a good man, Sir Restos the Third.

Requiemking, however... Posted Image

Edited by cazidin, 31 January 2017 - 08:18 PM.

#10 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postcazidin, on 31 January 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Hmm... honestly, it's not. I rather like you and your gifs, but I'm honored never-the-less that you've set aside a gif JUST for me and to let me know if I've gone full-maximum-over-troll. You're a good man, Sir Restos the Third.

Requiemking, however... Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

Haha funny post :D

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:48 AM

I would leave Clan XL engines how they currently are, but buff IS XL engines instead.

It is more palatable for the players to add something, then it is to take it away. This is especially made worse since Clan players already feel like they are getting constantly cut down with nerfs as it is.

I am a fan of the delayed death idea, when it comes to the IS XL engine losing a side torso.

#13 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

I would just remove Clans from the game.

BAM! Clan-tech = balanced.

(On a more serious note, i think cXLs should be nerfed, instead of the isXLs being buffed, because i prefer nerfing things to buffing).

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 01 February 2017 - 05:34 AM.

#14 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 January 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Is XL should always be destroyed on side torso loss. Rewards game knowledge too much to be removed. Should be compensated by increase HP quirks, which will in turn increase durability of STD.

Of course PGI is too scared of the perception of effective use of a system that they invented, even if it keeps the TT grognards happy by maintaining more of the TT values

#15 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 01 February 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

I would just remove Clans from the game.

BAM! Clan-tech = balanced.

(On a more serious note, i think cXLs should be nerfed, instead of the isXLs being buffed, because i prefer nerfing things to buffing).

You've given me an idea, you're an accomplice now. May the law and Restos the Third's Gifs have mercy on you!

But, as a matter of honor and respect, I shall give the forums exactly 1 day hence to make preparations for my latest joke post, which will involve more IS and Clan balance. You have that long to prepare your gifs, anime and cat pictures!

Edited by cazidin, 01 February 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#16 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Seriously, people just do not understand buffing STD engines will NEVER fix this issue as long as IIC battlemechs exist. It will only create even further imbalance between omnimech vs IIC.

#17 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

View Postcazidin, on 01 February 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

You've given me an idea, you're an accomplice now. May the law and Restos the Third's Gifs have mercy on you!

But, as a matter of honor and respect, I shall give the forums exactly 1 day hence to make preparations for my latest joke post, which will involve more IS and Clan balance. You have that long to prepare your gifs, anime and cat pictures!

#18 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

View Postcazidin, on 01 February 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Already making the bunkers for Fourm Wars 3: Revenge of the Cazidin

#19 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 01 February 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Already making the bunkers for Fourm Wars 3: Revenge of the Cazidin

And, yet, all of my bad ideas and joke threads are STILL better than the prequels simply because I have a vague idea on what acting is.

Also. You get one additional hour to prepare because I like Steven Universe, and that's a hilarious scene/gif.

Edited by cazidin, 01 February 2017 - 10:01 AM.

#20 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

View Postcazidin, on 01 February 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

And, yet, all of my bad ideas and joke threads are STILL better than the prequels simply because I have a vague idea on what acting is.

But on the other hand, the Clone Wars 2003 animated series is way better than your material. Sorry, it's just REALLY good.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users