Stuck Movement

8 replies to this topic

#1 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hi guys,

in a few of my mechs, in particular the faster ones, and those with MASC, I find that my game does not respond as i expect it to.

Situation 1a:
Moving forward, i then release the button in order to decelerate. Instead, it goes on for a few more seconds before actually decelerating.

Situation 1b: Same as above, but then my mech will not slow down at all and keep running.

Situation 2:
Using MASC on my shadow cat is nice. Sometimes however, both my MASC and movement are stuck - you can see the trouble here: overload damage.

Did anyone else notice this? and how can i resolve this annoying issue? Especially on light, movement is a thing of life and death.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Do you have throttle decay on or off?

#3 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

There was some sort of MASC bug that was addressed in the last patch and you can find it in the patch notes. Perhaps there is still some rare circumstances where it occurs. If no one here can help and you are able to provide video evidence, then support is the way to go. Whenever possible they like video to see exactly what is going on and where. Hit F9 to display your exact position on the map and frame rate for the video (or if you just like to see your fps like me Posted Image)

Edited by Robinhood78, 01 February 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#4 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

Not sure if this is a still a thing, but could sticky keys be on?

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 01 February 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Did anyone else notice this? and how can i resolve this annoying issue? Especially on light, movement is a thing of life and death.

Sounds like closed beta.

What is your ping?
It sounds exceptionally high.
Select the server most appropriate for your location for best results.

So long as you suffer this problem release premprematuror in anticipation to allow the lag communication to catch up.

#6 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

I always found re-tapping Masc fixed the issue. Unless it was a lag de-sync, in which case the server always let me live.

~Leone.

#7 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

i did notice my fps drop from 30 to 16 sometimes during the game, perhaps that is the cause of it?
and i have throttle decay turned on, tried to do without, but that was a rather unpleasant experience.

i will take the advice and see if it happens on both EU and NA servers (i don't play oceanic as im from EU)...
my ping generally sits at 20 in EU and 70-90 in NA.

#8 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 03 February 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

and i have throttle decay turned on, tried to do without, but that was a rather unpleasant experience.

It takes some getting used to, but I highly recommend not using throttle decay. You go from fwd to reverse faster and vice versa with it turned off. The smaller and faster you are the more important it is. Also, it may feel unnatural in a mech, but that isn't even an option to have turned on in other games where you plays as a human so it shouldn't be too weird.

#9 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:00 AM

i'll give it another shot without the throttle decay :) my medium might be a little more forgiving than the locusts..

regarding ping and the delay in movement response - there is no significant difference with EU (20) and NA(70-90).

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users