#41 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

I would hope that HBS would just go ahead and offer a "Limited Edition" first run of physical products, especially anything that's wearable - a walking billboard isn't exactly a bad thing. Small batches to start - pique interest and test the target market. See where a little word-of-mouth and bottom-up marketing pushes a physical product line, especially in the gaming community - rather fickle, extremely devoted, but always curious about new games! BTs rich history is it's main draw, imo, and the more this detailed story is told, the more players HBS will draw in - just like Shadowrun. (Which I've played TT since the 1st ed. - my fav rpg, hand's down!)

Still, methinks they overshot the price on the Atlas figurine in that first attempt, or else many more would have pre-sold. Give us something we can afford on a more limited budget and we will find a way to pay for it!

Edited by Jugger Grimrod, 14 February 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#42 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

So these are still not hitting the target numbers they need. Could it be that the atlas is not quite everyone's favorite mech?

Also, the solaris VII coaster seem cool, but I just don't know anything about the story surrounding those teams... and sarna even has little information on them which makes me think they reflect a small niche interest in an already niche work of fiction.

#43 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Still not sold? I wasn't thinking about that before but maybe i'ts not the prices or even the shipping rates, but the imagery they chose to put in the products. In the US and Canada alone there should be more than enough fans to fulfill the requisite number. This community is small, but not THAT small, the fact they keep failing is really a mystery to me, except I'm now thinking they should start putting something else in their stuff besides Atlai and redesigned faction logos.

#44 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

Sadly, it's not gonna make it.

For me, it was the shipping fee (44 USD shipping fee PER stein for Taiwan). I was going to buy two steins, but imagine paying 88 USD to ship one single box of two steins - no way. I e-mailed BattleGear about this and received no reply - nice customer service.

This is the second time the campaigns fail.

As mentioned earlier, it could have been:
a) Clans don't identify with the Atlas
b) Shipping fees (too high and it's calculated per item not per purchase of say 2 or 3 Steins)

It baffles me because the upcoming battletech game was overwhelmingly funded - so there is an interested market of this paraphernalia.

Edit: Disabled emoticons for b)

Edited by anhell86, 26 February 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#45 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Update:

Thank you so much for your support for our second round of crowd-funded items – the BattleTech Stein and Solaris VII Coaster Set.

We’re happy to tell you that Jordan Weisman, creator of BattleTech and co-founder of HBS, has decided that the Steins and Coaster sets are just too cool not to make, so he’s personally buying enough to meet the Minimum Order Quantity — so stein and coasters are now FUNDED.

NOTE: We’re also going to extend the campaign by ONE WEEK until March 7th. This means that your payment method won’t be charged until then. Our projected ship date will remain in August this year.

If you know anyone that might still be interested in one of these items, tell them to head over to battletechgear.com and order while they can!

#46 Looreed

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Haha, this was a pretty cool action by Jordan Weisman. From now one he is on top of my "Coolest Guys ever" list. Thank you Mr. Weisman. I will have a beer from my stein to your health. Cheers mate.Posted Image

#47 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

Did this ever make the goal?

#48 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostLooreed, on 01 February 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Reading is not your strength, huh?
It is clearly written that this stuff comes from HBS (Harebrained Shemes) who work on a BattleTech Game as well and not from PGI. This stuff has nothing to do with MWO. Its is just a kind reminder to get some merch from a companioned enterprise.

@Topic
I like the stein very much. But 40 bucks is much money. This could start a little fight and much discussion with my wife if i buy 6 of these babys. Posted Image Posted Image

with the STEIN you shoud be able to win the fight.

View PostLooreed, on 03 March 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

Haha, this was a pretty cool action by Jordan Weisman. From now one he is on top of my "Coolest Guys ever" list. Thank you Mr. Weisman. I will have a beer from my stein to your health. Cheers mate.Posted Image

you won the fight?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users