Components Vs Kills

24 replies to this topic

#21 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:22 AM

i normally do just taken them out, but being in a 19.7 ton mech that does 167 i have to pick my fights wisely

sometimes ill pick them apart.. some times ill just assassinate them, other times ill take there weapons (or part of there armament) off, and then sometimes im forced to withdraw,

once you start the dance, (if you dont get your 3 or 4 alphas to the center back) youll be able to tell where the armor is placed... Ive got no time to stand and shoot a atlas in the chest, Im only a locust and i only have 4 small pluse

but when your doing the dance you will start to noticed that this component is failing quicker then this other one.. So sometimes that turns in to taken a leg off a mauler or the arm off a jag

but yea if you want to average 200k+ a match ... strip em down...

#22 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

I would recomend using that last 0.3 tons, ether max out your armor, or if armor is alreay maxed out drop 6 points of armor from the head to give you 0.5 tons to work with. If someone heatshots your locust they are showing off (your sides have 3 less hitpoints than the fully armored head and are much easier to hit, the head is just the central pane of glass, the sides each have probably about 20 times the surface area) or extremely lucky

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 07 February 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#23 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

I am already maxed out,

Id show you but its a secret

shhhhhhh......

#24 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

LOL, I call it good shooting when I can hit a mech ANYWHERE. If you can pick out a weak spot, hit it precisely where you want,

then you are much better players than I am.

#25 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostJamico, on 10 February 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

LOL, I call it good shooting when I can hit a mech ANYWHERE. If you can pick out a weak spot, hit it precisely where you want,

then you are much better players than I am.

completely depends on the Mech, if targeting a locust moving at 150+kph, I am happy just to hit the thing (although I still aim for the legs as you should against fast Mechs),

that comes with practice, the first few months (late 2012) I was just happy to hit the Mech but as I gained experiance I got better at aiming my shots to the point that if fighting slower Mechs (less than 100kph) of 45 tons or greater I can usualy put most of my damage exactly where I want it. inside 300m.

and I am far from the games greatest pilot, I would never try for a headshot against a Light, even on assualts the head tends to be tiny, e.g. the left eye of the Atlas is its head hitbox

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users