Oh Lrm-Boat, You're So Cute

23 replies to this topic

#21 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

So many of you guys talk about sharing armors as a lrmboat that it feels like it should be rare to encounter lrmboat that DOES NOT share armor.

But the reality is often vastly different. So either you guys are lying, or...?

#22 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:04 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 06 February 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

So many of you guys talk about sharing armors as a lrmboat that it feels like it should be rare to encounter lrmboat that DOES NOT share armor.

But the reality is often vastly different. So either you guys are lying, or...?

I just have a standard of expecting my teammates to share armor in general, whether they're a poptart to a lurmboat, but I know most in the insanity pit that we call QP they will most likely try to preserve themselves most of the match.

#23 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:17 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 February 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Last night, mining collective...

JGX + Monpax + Babycakes + pugs
vs
Our unit + another unit (say Team B ) + pugs

All the good people traded off in the beginning. It was literally a super nail biter, like 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4... kinda game.

Final moment, 10-10.

B + pug vs Monpax + pug.

Both pugs Lrm boat. B and Monpax both heavily damaged. B has 30 UAC5 left on night gyr.

Standoff situation. Team Monpax charged first. Luckily, he came around the corner first, and was lit up by B. Good... Monpax died. B out of ammo.

Team Monpax pug retreated, exclusive LRM Griffin. Our Lrm boat proceeded to take cover at the sight of the Lrm Griffin, leaving the gyr in the front (even though our lrm boat is 85%). which is fine, cause, the gyr was like "Im out of ammo"

When the Team B came face to face with Team Monpax survivor, our lrm boat then proceeded to want to exit the 180m range so that he can use his missiles...

ALL of us, like everyone, screamed on the intercom: "He's only LRM! get in range and finish him off!"

"Why? what am I going to fight him with?"

awkward silence....

Intercom exploded again: "YOUR TWO MEDIUM LASERS, DUDE!"

Like he was legitimately so ingrained with lrm boating, he forgot he has 2 medium lasers.

So if Monpax you are reading this by any chance, had you guys killed the gyr, you guys would have won. GG.

(Edit: PS griffin was ECM-ed)

This is the kind of **** I see a lot when it comes to playing the people I know are high on the leaderboard (mainly in the wins category, but match score and others as well). I'll be on the team with the noobs that have no idea. I like even better that the game came down to 2 v 2 and you had an LRM boat at 85%... Like where the hell was he the entire game? Yeah, I get he's an LRM boat but those sonsabitches need to get into the game at some point to help the team take damage.

Edited by xTrident, 06 February 2017 - 06:20 AM.

#24 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostEscef, on 06 February 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

TAG is for spotters. Most LRMboats are better off using the hardpoint for another point defense laser. Only a fairly mobile medium LRMer, like a Griffin, can really make optimal use of having both.

Not always true

It allows for direct fire through a Magic Jesus Field, as well as negating the negalock duration (where Artemis wouldn't)
When there's no Jesus Box involved, it does stack with Art for a 25% lock time

I don't like Lurms, but for 1 ton, 1 slot, it seems worthwhile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users