101 replies to this topic

#1 Dean

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDetroit metro area

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

so I would like to know Why light mechs don't fight other light mechs? They seem to run around and cherry pick on the slower mechs and that tells me that the people who pilot the light mechs are back stabbing ****** and of low skill level who don't want a challenge. These same light mechs won't cap on conquest mode, and after I post this I suppose some moron will post I do this or I do that, talk all you want but drop into any game and see light mechs act like parasites it takes away from the game and for me makes the game very unpleasant to play. What say you?

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

can you show us where on the paper doll the big mean Locust shot you?

#3 cervelos2

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStraya

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

So you ask for others opinions, but anyone who disagrees with you is a "moron"?

#4 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

to be honost, that kind of play style takes an immense amount of skill and practice. anyone whos gotten that good with lights should be both feared and respected.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

View Postcervelos2, on 29 January 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

So you ask for others opinions, but anyone who disagrees with you is a "moron"?

Does seem a skosh defensive, doesn't he? Maybe he complained in VOIP and got laughed at? (can't imagine why....)

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostDean, on 29 January 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

so I would like to know Why light mechs don't fight other light mechs? They seem to run around and cherry pick on the slower mechs and that tells me that the people who pilot the light mechs are back stabbing ****** and of low skill level who don't want a challenge. These same light mechs won't cap on conquest mode, and after I post this I suppose some moron will post I do this or I do that, talk all you want but drop into any game and see light mechs act like parasites it takes away from the game and for me makes the game very unpleasant to play. What say you?

Posted Image

#7 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

It just easier and smarter take the slow weapon boats on the red team. That's all, and I wouldn't dare duel a locust in my 6 srm4 Jenner IIC it's just not happening.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

View PostDean, on 29 January 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

What say you?

I say you need to build better 'Mechs, learn how to shoot straight, and stop wallowing around on your own. At the top the Lights are the weakest class and those of us who still do well with them have put in far more practice than you can conceive of to do so.

#9 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Posted Image

There's no way this is a serious post.

#10 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

I say that I wish I saw more that one or two light mechs in the game and that of those I wish it wasn't always a Locust or Cheetah.

What you are complaining about is what they are supposed to be doing. A light should own any assault not able to get itself back up against a wall.

As far as lights going after lights, there are few set up to do this now. I used to hunt down Cheetah's with my Oxide but now really I either use a Cicada 2B, X5 or Viper.

Really hoping that you are not one of those guys who is sitting back by himself lurming away and getting pissed off when a light comes and wipes him out. That's how I got from tier 3 to 2....

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 January 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

can you show us where on the paper doll the big mean Locust shot you?

Posted Image

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

If a light mech pilot isn't picking an unfair fight, he/she is not doing their job very well

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 29 January 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

If a light mech pilot isn't picking an unfair fight, he/she is not doing their job very well

reminds me of the idiots who waddle their direwolf out in the open and cry about LRMs. How dare my Mad Dog not come out and duel toe to toe!

#14 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 January 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

And the version of that for when someone complains about LRMs.
Spoiler

#15 Trollfeed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

It's hilarious that he described exactly how lights are supposed to be played if you want to be succesfull in one, too accurate for not to be a troll.

#16 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Oh my Side Torso this is hillarious!

#17 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

have a light problem??

buy a light solution!!

introducing very high skill crow

guaranteed to make any light salty, simply point, lock on and fire an alpha.
bam instant bbq light mechs

#18 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Since everyone else already had picked on you, i feel that I should be serious instead.

I LOVE the URBIE, it's practically my mech waifu. King Crab is my loyal attack dog, Shadow Hawk is my workhorse. And Locusts and Jenners the mosquito i wanna squish.

But one thing i learned with Urbies is that, though they are mini assaults, they have to survive long enough to actually unload the payload to enemies, and for that to happen i have to flank, and to minimize taking damage. And against faster lights, i don't usually have a good chance in out-running them and i have to fight my way, that i could get stripped in the process -- therefore no more flanking with heavier enemies.

I don't speak for everyone, but for a light, the slower mechs are easy targets -- get in, get out, that poor direwolf will have the locust and arctic cheetah for nightmares. It's possible for the direwolf to kill lights with well aimed shot, it's just that the more time it focuses in defending itself against a light mech which it's too slow for to deal at close range, every second focused in trying to stay alive is seconds wasted in contributing to the firefight. Sure lights generally can't kill heavier mechs in just a single shot, or with ease, but they can hound them, repeatedly striking in and out till they are worn out and ready to die.

Now light against light, that is usually a fair fight, locust to locust, jenners to jenners, ach to ach -- or different mix, lights have the means to keep up with another light, karma as it were. But understand if said lights brawled another lights, they can be heavily compromised by death, or get stripped, losing their chance in contributing meaningfully by hounding easy targets. And the more time they spent defending themselves, the less time they could put in hounding easy targets, even go for the kill.

As for capping, perhaps enemies are not just in to it, they are much more interested with fights, likewise during capping usually it befalls to the fast enemy to shut down the capper, and usually the fast enemy is just another light, and then the situation above happens, and said capping light is not able to contribute meaningfully to the team.

Yes, playstyle of lights are kind of spineless, but the hell did you expect with that measly armor? Do you expect a locust to spearhead a charge? tank 500 damage? They'd probably won't shoot at you in favor of more dangerous targets, but then if they did you're not likely to survive. Lights generally needs to be non-confrontational, opportunistic, usually flanking, if it were to survive long enough to contribute meaningfully to the team.

View PostJudauAshta, on 29 January 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

have a light problem??

buy a light solution!!

introducing very high skill crow

guaranteed to make any light salty, simply point, lock on and fire an alpha.
bam instant bbq light mechs

I'd go for Streak Cat. It has ECM, it's fast enough to keep lights in it's grasp.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 29 January 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#19 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

another perfect thread for a J Jonah Jameson GIF

#20 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

Light mechs don't fight Light mechs...or any mech, really

Anything will cripple you

Except for Potatos. I Love potatos

Spoiler

That's the best Light mech in the game
RIP GodQuirk Cheetah

Personally, I prefer playing the mechs which can cripple others in a single volley
From the front

Lights are the ones which can die in one shot, from the front. That's not fun, especially when the MM goes all silly, and puts you alongside competent Robot Shooters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users