101 replies to this topic

#101 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostDean, on 29 January 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

so I would like to know Why light mechs don't fight other light mechs? They seem to run around and cherry pick on the slower mechs and that tells me that the people who pilot the light mechs are back stabbing ****** and of low skill level who don't want a challenge. These same light mechs won't cap on conquest mode, and after I post this I suppose some moron will post I do this or I do that, talk all you want but drop into any game and see light mechs act like parasites it takes away from the game and for me makes the game very unpleasant to play. What say you?

I personally only "1 v 1" or "1 v 2" other lights at cap points far out of line of sight from larger mechs. Usually I leg them and farm the arms or just leave them. You can usually pull 170-200 damage off a enemy light before it dies if its a bad pilot. If it's not conquest there is no point to 1v1 a light. Most other lights will shoot for your legs and its not worth it because as soon as you are locked by a larger mech they will be more patient when shooting you and try to hit the opened leg. Most of the time the potatoes just shoot for the torso if your legs aren't damaged.

So to answer your question as to why "light mechs are back stabbing ****** and of low skill level who don't want a challenge. " The answer is you're not a challenge at all and the real challenge is cherry picking the better players in assaults and heavies and not getting legged in the process. I typically don't even acknowledge other light pilots in game unless it's to leg them for the heavier team mates.

I think a light's job is to be a back stabber / scout. If you can side torso multiple mechs on the enemy team within the first few minutes of the fight then that limits the ability the enemy team to return fire. If you can crit out a gauss kodiak in the opening minutes or leg a night gyr it significantly contributes to the battle. You have to think of what's best for the team and not "git gud light pilot lelz."

Edited by Corium-, 01 February 2017 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users