How many of you will pilot the CPLT-K2?

59 replies to this topic

#21 Nakuru

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationEating bacon under a bridge

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'd love to use both the classic C1 and the K2 models. The Catapult has been a long-standing favorite heavy beast of mine, so any chance to pilot some of the most iconic variants of it are a must for me.

#22 Ulbrecht Stormcrow

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

A few tweeks with the existing hardpoints on the prime variant. Downgrade the LRM15s to 10s, drop all four medium lasers in favor of two large lasers. Lose a heat sink and drop to 9 tons armor, keep the jump capability for mobility. Indirect fire suffers a bit. but it can deliver a pounding between say 210 and 450 meters. You do lose a bit of theoretical damage at close range by subbing the 2x large lasers (16) for the 4 x medium (20), and you are prone to greater heat spikes (16 v 12) - which may be a real consideration with the higher fire rates the videos sugges we'll see - but you lose some of liabilities associated with just a single ton of ammo for each original LRM 15 (8 shots ea) and maintain a good mix of direct fire and ballistic fire options at the 300 meter plus range.

Add a C-bill bonus, and its worthy of consideration (my opinion only). Obviously, upgrade the heat sinks as soon as possible.

#23 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm giving the Catapult-K2 serious thought. It crops up a LOT in the gameplay trailers, either with 2 PPCs & 2 Medium Lasers or 2 Large Lasers & 4 Medium Lasers. I like the look better than the more humanoid mechs. And to unlock the Elite tiers on the Catapult skill tree you'll need to master both the -C1 & -K2 variants. All things considered, I think it may suit me better than the Dragon does.

#24 Dvinn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

could be fun but I think i like jump jets too much ;)

#25 Meat Cutter

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

same here, the less ammo, the better for me. I have high hopes for the K2...

#26 The Outlaw Kazzen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

With a little duct tape do you think I could strap some Gauss to it?

#27 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Rawr K2
bring it on atlases!
*beats chest like ape*

Edited by Skadi, 21 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#28 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

I plan on giving anything with Jump Jets and lasers a good shake. K2 is near the top of that list.

#29 Bick

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationProserpina

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

I have the C1 and will use the K2 which depends on the mission and the other mechs in the unit, if fire support not needed then the K2 to get in and pound.

#30 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yes it will be I piloting the CPLT-K2.... And soon after that I will upgrade to CPLT-K2K

#31 Hexial

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

PPCs are not supposed to work at close range unless you toggle off the inhibiter. Will the game support that? I am of the mind that most fights will turn out to be close and medium range brawls. That would mean PPCs and Sphere LRMs are at a loss, but I could be mistaken.

Not so sure about putting all that firepower onto the arms either.

#32 stealthed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

yes. It may be a weaker awesome but then again it's not an assault mech. I never was fan of missiles hence i'm buying the atlas with the founder pack (when paypal tops off grrr). interesting thing is from the looks of that image/wiki there are 2 energy hard points per arm, so you could fit 3 ppc on your cat too, essentialy making it a mini awesome. Would have serious heat issues though...

Edited by stealthed, 23 July 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#33 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

3 PPCs on a Catapult?! Dunno where you are going to find the extra tonnage. Ripping out the 2 medium lasers, 2 MGs & the MG-ammo only saves 4 tons. I presume you're thinking about dropping the engine, but a 3/5/0 Catapult with 2 PPCs & 2 medium lasers only has 8.5 tons left over, and the 3rd PPC would take 7 of them. "Serious heat issues" is an understatement. It'd cook itself faster than a microwave dinner.

On the other hand, 3 large lasers...... Hmmm. :)

#34 Morgue

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Although the it looks and sounds well. The base Catapult is good. And why would you give up jump jets?

#35 Darius Otsdarva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

I have the founders catapult, but I plan on picking that variant up as well. I'd like to give all mechs a try just to round out my playing style.

#36 Marineballer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 470 posts
  • LocationMünchen, Deutschland

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

I like the 2K variant.
However, the Catapult in the Founders Package only has rocket launcher.

#37 Ejubjub Bu

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thinking of trying out the all SRM variant, could be alot of fun.

#38 Lin An Liang

• Pip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

That's the one that costs 5M C-bills right? I'm planning to save up for it. If I could replace the LRMs on my Founder Cat I'd probably put PPCs on it. I've always like the Cat and Mad Cat style mechs. If they ever put in Madcats I'll get one of those.

#39 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

K2 Variant Catapults need to die in a fire. Preferably the fiery embrace of a nuclear strike, or orbital bombardment.

#40 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

This is actually my favourite mech.

You can actually strip it right down and create my "Little King Crab" (CPLT-1KC).

2 x AC20. tee hee

Great for urban defence.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 09 August 2012 - 06:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users