#801 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostOberost, on 17 February 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

We have the hardpoints, engine cap and quirks (as seen on the PTS notes), what more do you need to answer the questions?

Tell me that you won't do it and call it a day...

Stats on paper don't give the whole story. I asked you to clearly define what you believe are the actual weaknesses of the Supernova. To clarify my point in the last post, not everyone sees knuckle dragging mechs as being inherently inferior but rather find ways to use the mech that don't requiring hill humping and pop tarting to fight.

I don't want to speculate on what the Supernova needs from the nodes because I have ZERO experience with it and will not add any experience or data to the discussion. I'm not going to waste my time coming up with a range of hypothetical situations for a mech that I've never played in a whole new system that changes such fundamental mechanics such as heat management and mech durability.

If you want to know how I think the new system differs from the old in terms of its effects on mechs, just read the explanations on weakness compensation and strength accentuation.

If you feel that my not wanting to answer a futile question in which there is no way to give empirical data or experience makes you feel like you've won something, then take it as that. You must really need it. But you haven't really made a point beyond you thinking the Supernova is DOA before anyone has played it and that you refuse to use real examples as a means to understanding alternate perspectives.

If I failed to address your question, how about you clarify which specific question you are referring to.

#802 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 17 February 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Stats on paper don't give the whole story. I asked you to clearly define what you believe are the actual weaknesses of the Supernova. To clarify my point in the last post, not everyone sees knuckle dragging mechs as being inherently inferior but rather find ways to use the mech that don't requiring hill humping and pop tarting to fight.

I don't want to speculate on what the Supernova needs from the nodes because I have ZERO experience with it and will not add any experience or data to the discussion. I'm not going to waste my time coming up with a range of hypothetical situations for a mech that I've never played in a whole new system that changes such fundamental mechanics such as heat management and mech durability.

If you want to know how I think the new system differs from the old in terms of its effects on mechs, just read the explanations on weakness compensation and strength accentuation.

If you feel that my not wanting to answer a futile question in which there is no way to give empirical data or experience makes you feel like you've won something, then take it as that. You must really need it. But you haven't really made a point beyond you thinking the Supernova is DOA before anyone has played it and that you refuse to use real examples as a means to understanding alternate perspectives.

If I failed to address your question, how about you clarify which specific question you are referring to.

First, I know the differences between the current system and the PTS new skill tree, I was on the PTS testing things the first day it was up and running.

Weaknesses of the Supernova? I already know it: low arm hardpoints (the torso ones seems to be ok), class I hoverjets, low engine cap (which means that as laserboat it gets double shafted because not enough heatsinks on engine...), arms that doesn't cover the torso so no shielding while torso twisting (not a big problem because Clan XL...). These are not subjective facs, and I think that are cristal clear. That said, I didn't call the Supernova DOA, but I was surprised about your statement about making all SN variants useful. It seems that we have different points of view about what's useful...

Oh, and the new system doesn't change mechanics like heat management or durability: it just makes mechs run hotter and be more durable thanks to the "structure and armour for everyone" tree.

About the bold sentence: Ad hominem attacks are not a great way to keep a discussion civilised. I don't need to win anything on the internet, so keep this kind of sentences for yourself. I was just asking for an answer about one statement you make. You won't answer? Ok, I don't really care.

Edited by Oberost, 17 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#803 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostOberost, on 17 February 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Weaknesses of the Supernova? I already know it: low arm hardpoints (the torso ones seems to be ok), class I hoverjets, low engine cap (which means that as laserboat it gets double shafted because not enough heatsinks on engine...), arms that doesn't cover the torso so no shielding while torso twisting (not a big problem because Clan XL...).

The SuperNova is a HGN2C in a new shell with more energy hardpoints and fewer ballistic/missile options. Its going to be about the same height as a Mad2C with similar height of hardpoints. If you're incapable of making a Mad2C work, or an HGN2C then yeah the Supernova won't be a mech for you. However for the rest of us...it will be fine.

#804 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 February 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I really don't see how a video of your mother is relevant to this discussion.

Come on man, lets get off mothers, cause I just got off yours.

#805 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

I just love how low skill players think they know some secret way to use mechs that higher skill players don't know.

Edited by Zergling, 17 February 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#806 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Go home tier 3 you're drunk

#807 north ranger

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNear Periphery

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Instead of only complaining, here's my constructive two cents:

Mechs gain basic, elite and master skill tree status based on the total experience earned in the mech. (regardless of skills unlocked as it is currently) Basic tier unlocks @ 15k, Elite @ 35K, and Master @ 50K.

Mechs have four skill trees to choose from: Engineering, Gunnery, Sensors, & Pilot. Every, say, 2.5k mech experience you would get a (1) skill point. Mechs attaining Master status (50k) get a bonus skill point, but accumulate no more afterwards.

Players may invest up to 10 skill points in any tree except Pilot in which you may only invest 3. (under the idea they're game changing)

Skill points would be invested for free, with an option to "re-spec" costing in-game currency.

Alternate Skill Tree Example
Posted Image
-------
Posted Image
--------
Posted Image
-------
Posted Image
-------

Thanks for reading.

#808 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:10 AM

View PostOberost, on 18 February 2017 - 03:03 AM, said:

Reported, you know why...

Your W/L and K/D ratio (0.80 over several seasons, not improving with time...) makes your statement about making work a mech a bit... ridiculous. But hey, with the comment quoted at the beginning of this post you have shown all of us what kind of person you are, so...

That's rich... you trolled and when called out by your betters you report them.

#809 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 February 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

That's rich... you trolled and when called out by your betters you report them.

Lol...

Posted Image

#810 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

Oh, wow, amazing how mature those high Tier players are.
I bow down before you. I never will be able to make such sophisticated and highly intellectual comments.

#811 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

"The idea quality is inversely proportional to the discussion thread length"

In other words it is crap, please try again PGI and be on a look out for.....

Posted Image

#812 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

I am sure someone has already asked in the 42 pages of comments, so forgive me.

Do you get XP back from Mechs you sold? As in I had 4 Ravens, now I have 2. It sounds like it, I would get the XP back from those 2 sold Ravens in an XP pool along with the 2 that I still currently own.?

Thank you

#813 Mortal2None

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostArcher Magnus, on 21 February 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

I am sure someone has already asked in the 42 pages of comments, so forgive me.

Do you get XP back from Mechs you sold? As in I had 4 Ravens, now I have 2. It sounds like it, I would get the XP back from those 2 sold Ravens in an XP pool along with the 2 that I still currently own.?

Thank you

If I read it correctly and remember correctly in the PTS you get it back as HXP (Historical XP) so as long as you still have one variant of the mech in question you have something to spend it on. Hopefully i'm right but if not please someone put my post in line so people don't have to read the HUNDREDS of mind numbing posts in this thread.

#814 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostKell Morgan, on 08 February 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

The only thing this HELPS is the "Meta-mongers" They for 1 usually have the cbills sitting around because they don't BUY mechs that aren't meta. Also they already know what they are putting the skills into. They have 1 play style. They will spec to that and be done.

Those of us that like to play odd builds and change things up a bit will be the ones that suffer the most.

But if you drive a Mech, it generates XP, that will be returned with the switch to the new system. After that, playing the Mech will still generate XP and you will be required to add some C-Bills to re-spec. So what your complaining about is the loss of the ability to BUY one(1) module for your whole Stable of many Mechs versus having to spend some C-Bills buying modules for all of them after this change?

OK, then. Then just say that then. The days of FREE modules after (1) is coming to an end. Don't whine about your being hard done by ffs. PGI was very generous in the past concerning this, and did not WHINE when it benefited you, and now they have given up the much maligned "Buy 3 Mechs to Master", now it is your/our turn to give something up as well.

Sorry to say but using "Entitlement" as a gripe is a piss poor argument really.

#815 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

Waits patiently for the PTS to open on this thread as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users