Respeccing "problem" And Possible Solution

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:56 PM

So I played a bit around and that's what is bothering me at the moment (I think all points are here and there in different threads, but I really like to have your opinion just on this one point)

The respecc costs are not correctly shown.
It is said that the costs are 25k for the respecc per point. Which is partially correct.

BUT

The costs are actually 125k per point. 25k for opening the point again and 100k to distribute it to another one.
I get it, why it is not shown as it really is, as you only pay for freeing up the points again. But that is not what I understand as respeccing.

Problem:
The costs for respeccing are misleading. It isn't mentioned that you have to buy the SP again, which impacts the C-Bill costs (not the XP costs obviously because you get them refunded).

With the costs in mind it gets expensive quite fast if you config your mech in another way and want to have the right skills for your configuration.
This makes testing new things really bad :(

Possible solution:
1. Up the costs for respeccing to for example 50k per point but let the people keep the SP as an unspent point. This way it would still cost less to respecc ( 1 mio instead of 2.5 mio for a single weapon sort with 20 SP maxed for example). Which might encourage testing more.

2. Keep the respeccing cost at 25k but let the people keep the SP as unspent points.

3. Get the overall costs reduced by not refunding all XP but only a lower %... for example 50%. It would still be somewhat grindy but I personally feel much more happy with grinding XP than with grinding XP.

#2 Fox2232

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:16 AM

Been there, done that.

#3 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

Even better solution is just take cbills out of the skill equation and just use mech exp like its intented original use. Once skill nodes unlocked players can equip and unequip them as they please. Not make players pay to experiement..

Edited by Natred, 10 February 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#4 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostNatred, on 10 February 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Even better solution is just take cbills out of the skill equation and just use mech exp like its intented original use. Once skill nodes unlocked players can equip and unequip them as they please. Not make players pay to experiement..

This exactly.

Currently i have over 150 Mechs. Of those 150, only about 80 are configured with the equipment to be effectively ran. The rest need some combination of weapons, engines, and/or upgrades that I have not yet purchased, either because I have taken engines off to build other Mechs, or because I got the Mech in a pack or a sale and haven't used it yet. Of those 80 that are configured, I have modules on maybe 7 or 8 of them.

I need C-Bills to spend on configuring Mechs and buying new Mechs. I shouldn't have to spend them on specs and respecs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users