#81 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostMacClearly, on 10 February 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I appreciate what you are saying and bap being better doesn't have to mean seismic should suck. One guy brought up that bap should have seismic which I can only guess PGI split it up to nerf bap? Not sure but what I do know is a seismic device today is not very big.

I'm guessing PGI didn't do a whole lot of home work before coming up with the "end game" of modules.... That's why we had things like Seismic modules and now we are going to have it as a skill... It should've been part of BAP or as a basic sensor option to begin with. As a basic sensor option it should've been able to be spoofed with ECM creating false targets.... again PGI drop the ball on what equipment should be doing.

#82 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 10 February 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

As a sidenote (and not really related to the discussion): having a kind of perma wallhack in a strategical shooter is one of the worst design decisions I have seen so far. Simply because good positioning AND situational awareness should be rewarded. Seismic just helps tunnel visioning potatoes

3rd time and still not able to deliver an answer.
I'm afraid i overestimated you.
No problem.
I'm loggin in, going to equip my seismic and having fun.
Try do the same.
;)

#83 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

View PostAttank, on 10 February 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

3rd time and still not able to deliver an answer.
I'm afraid i overestimated you.
No problem.
I'm loggin in, going to equip my seismic and having fun.
Try do the same.
Posted Image

If you lack reading comprehension, do not blame me. And you did not answer not even one question of mine - which is amusing. Not even which tier you play.

#84 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

... seismic sensor doesn't tell you whats around the corner just that something is around the corner ... it also doesn't work unless standing still ... it also has a range that limits it, and a better range if you have advanced seismic sensor ...

Normally I take radar derp over seismic sensor unless I have an open slot to have both. So why nerf it when it isn't the go to thing? radar derp at least helps nullify an entire weapon system.

#85 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostClownwarlord, on 10 February 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

... seismic sensor doesn't tell you whats around the corner just that something is around the corner ... it also doesn't work unless standing still ... it also has a range that limits it, and a better range if you have advanced seismic sensor ...

Normally I take radar derp over seismic sensor unless I have an open slot to have both. So why nerf it when it isn't the go to thing? radar derp at least helps nullify an entire weapon system.

Standing still is relative. I use seismic even on lights (if I have a slot left for it - and usually I do because it is really one of the best ones along with radar depr). Even as a light you need just a fraction of a second to released your move key and get a seismic feed. This short slowing down doesn't endager you even as a light mech /shrug

Edited by Bush Hopper, 11 February 2017 - 01:11 AM.

#86 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 10 February 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

If you lack reading comprehension, do not blame me. And you did not answer not even one question of mine - which is amusing. Not even which tier you play.

Salty salty salty...i presume you still having difficulties to enjoy the game. It is sad, because it is fun and entertaining.
You should look for fights in the battlefield, not the forum.
Have you tried FW scouting? It is very fun and rewarding for a competent light Pilot.

Edited by Attank, 11 February 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#87 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostProbably Not, on 10 February 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

This just in: Lights without JJs apparently don't exist or don't matter.

HoverJets are quite loud. Louder than footsteps. You wouldn't know if they're friendly or hostile, but you'll hear them.

You may however notice the missing Dorito from where the sound is coming from

Edited by Mcgral18, 11 February 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#88 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

They are already nerfing seismic. You will need 12 nodes to get max Seismic in the new system - whether you wanted to those other skills or not.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#89 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostUltimax, on 11 February 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

They are already nerfing seismic. You will need 12 nodes to get max Seismic in the new system - whether you wanted to those other skills or not.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

That doesn't nerf seismic. It just taxes it in some cases. The problem is not its prevalence. The problem is that the ability itself is too good.

Edited by Dino Might, 11 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users