#1 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

Greetings warriors,

I learned early on that I am more of a pew pew kinda pilot. I didnt do well with the AC's. Recently I have been working on eliting my Urbies. I have 2 done but for the 3rd I decided to go the bakka bakka route & I am really sucking at it!

Any suggestions for using AC's? My accuracy is just fine, I rarely miss but come match end my damage numbers are far lower then with lasers. So what am I missing? Is there some secret mojo to using them? Am I not holding my tongue right?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:02 AM

First, it's dakka. :)

The big keys are 1) positioning, 2) aim and 3) knowing when to pour it on and when you're in a situation where you'll get rekt if you don't back down.

#3 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

My suggestion would be... don't run them on urbies, if you are concerned with your numbers anyway. Certainly fun, but it will take some outstanding play to consistently get good scores.

What's the build?

#4 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

Bakka... DOH!! I knew that but hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee yet & was up way to late driving urbies last night lol

Well I am not really worried about my numbers I wouldn't be driving a Urbie if I was :) You are right though, they are fun! I just want to feel like I am doing my share.

I have tried 2 diff builds so far. One with a LB10X & 3SL & another with an AC2 & 3MGs. I do well with my other Urbie builds & thought I would do something different with this one. I am getting the feeling that dakka just isn't for me.

#5 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 09 February 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I am getting the feeling that dakka just isn't for me.

I wouldn't judge that off an urbie build.

Dakka is loads of fun, its just can't be done properly on a light mech.

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 09 February 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

Bakka... DOH!! I knew that but hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee yet & was up way to late driving urbies last night lol

Well I am not really worried about my numbers I wouldn't be driving a Urbie if I was Posted Image You are right though, they are fun! I just want to feel like I am doing my share.

I have tried 2 diff builds so far. One with a LB10X & 3SL & another with an AC2 & 3MGs. I do well with my other Urbie builds & thought I would do something different with this one. I am getting the feeling that dakka just isn't for me.

I missed the Urbie thing because I'm pre-coffee. :) See Roughneck's comments... I'm a light pilot primarly and literally the only ballistic weapon I'll use on a light is the MG. They just don't go together.

#7 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:43 AM

I appreciate the advice! I will scrap that Urbie build.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

AC/5 to AC/10 minimum. Twin AC/2 maybe. But a single AC/2 and several MGs is about as worthwhile as a handgun outfitted with a sniper's scope, that you intend to use to take down enemy mechs from the comfort of your own cockpit.

Don't do an LBX without pulse lasers if it is your main gun.

This said...
it isn't what you are using but how to you use it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users