Voice command

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aullido

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Never heard is cannon or maybe lost-tech, but there are a few voice command applications out there that can make your piloting a bit easier.

I just remember a novel where the pilot gives a password on the starting sequence, so it is cannon.

Edited by Aullido, 26 July 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#2 Kynlore

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't know about anything new, but in the old days it took a long time to start-up a mech. You couldn't just say a word and it went on it's way from there. Mech security was a big deal.

#3 NightFallsOnU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

yes i was a long ordeal to start a mech, but there was a pass phrase for them

"cast in the name of God.. ye not guilty"

#4 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

That was part of the security system so your mech was less likely to get stolen. Imagine having a voiceprint on your car, it would be both awesome and really easy to unplug >_<

Now that you mention it, i think there was a star league neurohelmet that accepted voice commands for running the mech, but it didnt prove to be any more effective so it never took off.

#5 Ethenyl

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBarlow's End - Repair Docks

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

IRL : They found a way to authenticate people by their heartbeats which beating pattern is unique for everyone :rolleyes:

#6 Mason2501

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCoppell Texas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm laughing just thinking about how that would look. Strangely smiling as well knowing someone will.

I'm sure you could setup Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Build voice command macros for the keyboard controls.

The match starts... The MW pilot stares blankly at the screens. Calmly shouts:

"Mech: powerup"

"Mech: display map"

"Teamspeak: Looks Lance lets hold on or behind the ridge of map D6/7 We got good overwatch either way they come"

"Mech: display map"

"Mech: Forward Slow"

"Mech: Swing Right"

"Mech: Center"

"Mech: Forward Fast"

"Mech: STOP"

"Mech: Back Slow"

"Mech: STOP"

"Mech: ZOOM MAX"

"Mech: Swing Left"

"Teamspeak: Can't see jack with the rain and fog, remember switch to thermals. Lance hold tight till we got targets."

"Mech: Thermal"

"Mech: Stop"

"Teamspeak: Looks like we got Catapults 1.5K+ making break for the southern plateaus and an Atlas further back."

"Teamspeak: We got Awesome on the mountain top, along with some hunchbacks and Jennier. Hold tight, stay power down. Looks like the Hunchbacks are using the ridge for cover and heading down to the north Industrial Plant. Jennier's moving fast towards our drop point in the open, ignore him. Awesome is over the ridge and foolishly in the open. Long range support prepare to engage on my mark."

"Mech: Target"

"Globalspeak: Mechwarriors there is no dishonor in powering down your mechs. This small outpost and planet is rightfully rule by House Kurita. Our Tai-shu Takashi has promise sanctuary for those who do so. In fact if you do and swear loyalty to the House and Leaders, you may keep your Mech and find fare compensation for service within the house. There is no place for dishonorable Mercenaries within the empire."

"Globalspeak: Ahh I can see from those PPC blasts that is it no. Your mistake. You will now burn in the Dragon's fire."

"Mech: Missiles FIRE"

"Teamspeak: Long range support, power up. Target the Awesome. Don't stay crested on that rigde too long."

"Mech: Back Slow"

"Teamspeak: Stay focus on the Awesome. Ignore the Jennier. Close support power up deal with any fast movers between drop point and the ridge."

"Mech: Forward Slow"

"Mech: Slow Left"

"Mech: Lasers FIRE"

"Mech: BACK FAST"

"Mech: Override"

"Mech: ZOOM ONE"

"Teamspeak: Watch the friendly fire. Stay focused on the Awesome. Close support clear that Jennier. Dang were getting rained on by those far Catapults."

"Mech: Forward FAST"

"Mech: Left FAST"

"Teamspeak: Nice work awesome down. Everyone west of the ridge. Move north. We got those Hunchbacks on us from the north. Let's go for the laser boat."

"Mech: Left FAST"

"Mech: Thermal"

"Mech: Left SLOW"

"Mech: BACK RIGHT"

"Teamspeak: Frack. something in the Drop point. Everyone left regroup at there and call targets and clear."

"Mech: Left SLOW"

"Teamspeak: Nice shot. I'm out of missiles, switching to close support get those Catapults clear."

"Teamspeak: ahhh There's an Atlas. This isn't going to end well."

"globalspeak: Banzai!"

Edited by Mason2501, 27 July 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#7 OmegaOPS

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Windows 7 Builtin Speech Rec + the http://www.microsoft....aspx?id=13045] Windows Speech Recognition Macro Kit [/URL] from Microsoft , I use this in many games and works quite well as long as it isn't to complex without the cost of Dragon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users