75 replies to this topic

#41 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:01 AM

Just a note to those that do not know how to get protected medium/light reward since PGI seems to make sure that how to get the rewards are well hidden

here is the explanation:
http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345

What does surprise me is that nobody acts in a manner that would get these rewards in most of the games I play and seeing that it is a key to getting XP and C bills should this not be more prominently placed o the website

#42 H4WK

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Uranus sales are always welcome.

#43 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

I kind of like the ide of this event was easily able to do it all in one night freeing me up to for try PTS.

#44 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image

just enjoy what ever free stuff you do get Posted Image thank you for the event

Edited by mouser42, 11 February 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#45 snipercam7

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Myself and two friends spent a few hours (~4-6) hours on this last night and both of them completed it within that time, I'm something like 100k c-bills away from having completed it. It's not much of a draw away from the PTS given the fairly low bar to complete the event.

Also, given that they've announced they're going to need to make major changes, there's little reason (in my opinion) to overly concern ourselves with the PTS until those are implemented.

#46 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

Thank you PGI for this event, but i would like very much to have paint and warhorns as rewards for future events too.Posted Image Posted Image

#47 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

The event makes sense. The calendar and its selection of holidays is not going to go away simply because PGI needs people to go to the PTS, and they'd get a ton more grief if they didn't follow their tradition of having a VD event. Likewise, the need to have people use the PTS doesn't go away because of a holiday.

So they put out a VD event as usual and this time they made it extremely easy. It took 4 hours of play for me to collect every prize. If I were so inclined, I could now spend the rest of my time on the PTS. Maybe they aren't gifting a color/warhorn this time because it's so easy.

Protected Light/Medium...you're faster than they are, so you are in total control of how many you get. The hardest part about this is finding the documentation where it's defined.
Group Queue and Chill...15 matches is 15 matches. They even reduced the score required for the match to count to 60.
3 victories in 15 matches is a .2 W/L record. C'mon.
5 KMDD will happen when you're in a Heavy/Assault providing the Protected Light/Medium for others.
20 assists...shoot at least two people in every one of your 15 matches. Some won't end up dying, so you may wish to pad this up to three or four. Or, you know, just play the game.
2000 damage/match score over 15 matches is 134 each per match. The match score took me more than 15 because I'm not a great Light pilot, but it was nowhere near difficult.
The XP/CBill goals...I have Premium Time, so I could understand if one of these becomes the long pole in someone's tent.

#48 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

Finally the event for everyone - great job PGI :D

#49 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostBobTheBully, on 10 February 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Looks like a fun event thanks!
Also for all of you solo players out there, remember that Looking for a group menu is always open for you, even late at night.

as long as someone is there. I've had n ights where the queue is emply.

#50 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Looks like event Grand Prizes diminished further ... into total nothingness :)

I was expecting something really special this time, like "a decal of the letter Q" or "head omnipod of Ice Ferret A".

#51 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

sigh another stupid event to coincide with a PTS. ive spent more than 15 minutes waiting for a QP match. What kind of special must you be to announce a major test phase on the PTS asking for people to test and provide feedback and then 2 days later offer free stuff to anyone who doesnt play the PTS? ffs its almost like they dont want people to play it... and blood wolf understands little about pyschology if he thinks that free stuff in no way detracts from not free stuff. pretty basic human behaviour right there, do this get free stuff, do this and get nothing. guess what most people will pick?

#52 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Great event. Got people out of their comfort zone by using lighter tonnages. Also taught me about grouping up as I NEVER group up. Might try it more in the future. Want to see more events encouraging light usage. Maybe higher rewards on chassis might influence this...

#53 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

This is actually the first time I used the LFG function, well played PGI.

#54 Tedarin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Good event that you didn't need to grind your shiny metal *** off. <3

(But I'm not going to play that rigged Wheel of Unfortune!)

#55 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:13 AM

Finished. Thx for the stuff.

Next event please..:D

#56 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 12 February 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

Next event somewhat harder please..Posted Image

Fixed that for you, Kinski :)

#57 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 February 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Apparently, I need to repeat myself...

...and put PGI's own words in bold... Read them, know them, remember them for the length of this Event. Plague us with this question no more. Posted Image

Like... geez... Can't anyone actually read through a forum thread before replying, or comprehend the information on Event pages?!?!? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Tired of questions being repeated too much..." Devnull

Anyone know if the Heartbreaker challenge can be completed in faction play as well?
It says
"Quick Play Goal and Reward Table"
"3 Victories in Quick Play, each with a Match Score over 80"

So does everything in the Heartbreaker challenge need to be done in quickplay or only the first one?

Edited by utopian201, 12 February 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#58 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 12 February 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

Next event please..Posted Image

View PostB0oN, on 12 February 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Fixed that for you, Kinski Posted Image

Let us see. They run an event for those that do not think that they need to devote their gaming life to the PTS and then they make it easy enough so that even those that are testing on the PTS can still complete the event requirements and reap the rewards.

Hmmm, maybe they DO actually know what the F they are doing? How about that!

#59 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

Tokymboh i think thats out of date pretty sure i was getting protected medium done standing near heavies with no assaults on team will check later

#60 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

This has been far the most enjoyable event since the october mechnes, that was just tooooo much. This was a perfect little event, I even had time to download and fire up the PTS.

I get that some events should be challenging, but the occasional light-hearted one like this is perfect. I would really like if they do a light event like this every month on the flip side of the mech launch events they usually do.

I would actually nerf mc rewards even more, if you guys want them to keep deving and building new stuffs buy mc so that they can afford the devs to do it, I never sell supply caches and always unlock them, and for context my currency is just shy of 14:1 against the dollar.

Thanks PGI, I will be providing my PTS feedback once I've played a bit more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users