75 replies to this topic

#61 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

At first glanze, I was a bit worried about having to, again, play for days and days to get the prizes. After about 1,5h of playing on saturday I'm now 9 Protected mediums and about 400k cbills away from completing the challenge =)

Also, for some reasons, the games I played on saturday were really, really good ones in terms of team work and fun. So PGI, thanks for the event.

#62 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

Was/is a nice event. Put some 4-5h play time in - considering the duration of the event that's pretty easy. That's why I'm ok that there are only "low" rewards for the event, as in: no MechBays, no MC, no Warhorns - but I love the teddy :D

Only gripe I have with the Event is the timing - like others have mentioned - running the event during PTS sucks, at least the implementation of the skill tree has been postponed.

#63 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

View Postutopian201, on 12 February 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Anyone know if the Heartbreaker challenge can be completed in faction play as well?
It says
"Quick Play Goal and Reward Table"
"3 Victories in Quick Play, each with a Match Score over 80"

So does everything in the Heartbreaker challenge need to be done in quickplay or only the first one?

Unless PGI really blew it, that should only be just the first one, "3 Victories", at most. However, I would hope that PGI did a miswording, and even that particular part can be done in Faction Warfare. You ought to go give it a try, and provide for waiting until 10 minutes past an hour before you see any updates to your Challenge Scoring. :)

View PostZortPointNarf, on 12 February 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

I would actually nerf mc rewards even more, if you guys want them to keep deving and building new stuffs buy mc so that they can afford the devs to do it, I never sell supply caches and always unlock them, and for context my currency is just shy of 14:1 against the dollar.

You're lucky that you can go buy (MC) to your heart's content. Not everyone in the world is as fortunate, and there are many that can't spend on games due to their area's economic state. Don't go around suggesting that those less fortunate should have to suffer. Or are you trying to kill MWO by causing people to want to leave due to being unable to enjoy? Further, are you trying to destroy MWO's status of being able to be fully enjoyed and played by an F2P-type player? F2P already have a hard time of collecting enough through gameplay to survive, so let's not go around giving PGI more bad ideas. By the way, if PGI hadn't splurged and used so much of their developers and resources on that World Championship, I'm sure they could have developed better maps and such by now. -_-

~D. V. "... *sigh* ... I can smell the future... Let's not go making it worse." Devnull

#64 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 February 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

You're lucky that you can go buy (MC) to your heart's content. Not everyone in the world is as fortunate, and there are many that can't spend on games due to their area's economic state. Don't go around suggesting that those less fortunate should have to suffer. Or are you trying to kill MWO by causing people to want to leave due to being unable to enjoy? Further, are you trying to destroy MWO's status of being able to be fully enjoyed and played by an F2P-type player? F2P already have a hard time of collecting enough through gameplay to survive, so let's not go around giving PGI more bad ideas. By the way, if PGI hadn't splurged and used so much of their developers and resources on that World Championship, I'm sure they could have developed better maps and such by now. Posted Image

~D. V. "... *sigh* ... I can smell the future... Let's not go making it worse." Devnull

Not at all, the intent is that, those that can, should spend funds on the game and not take this crusader stance of "i will never spend my own money on X, cos of reason Y.
I am fully aware that not everyone can buy MC to their heart's content; but PGI still needs to make money to keep the lights on. It is unrealistic to expect them to keep supporting the game and developing new features for it if there is no return on investment. At the end of the day it's a business, and other than the non paying players providing targets for the paying players they are not as valuable from a purely economic view (although with the decline in player numbers, their presence alone might be keeping the game going).
I would rather see them give away millions in CB than MC, so that the value of MC is real, you use it for "premium" content that doesn't give you pay to win, such as colours, patterns etc. (in addition, the more CB you have available, the more likely you are to buy mechs, and require additional bays, which leads to you potentially buying more MC, which for PGI is good.) In the same breath, some of the MC cost involved are just laughable, there is no way it would be affordable for non USD players. So currency localization would go a long way to gather additional revenue that would otherwise not be accessible due to the high cost involved. I am sure more players would be keen to buy MC if the cost was not so disproportionate based on an exchange rate. I for one, would be buying tons of colours/bays etc all the time, instead of waiting for sales/deals in order to maximise my expenditure in order to get the best bang for buck

Re wasteful expenditure, this is inevitable, people were crying for a world cup, they tried, it wasn't super great, hopefully they will learn from the experience and get the next one right.

F2P, still needs to make money for the host, and them getting crucified for monetising the game is probably the single biggest negative of the community. (of the golden mechs we will speak no more :) ), for me If i like the game and its not batshit crazy expensive I will try to support it, I view it as an entertainment cost .

#65 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

It's a give-and-take situation. I never paid any money to PGI before I won a mechpack during the regional finals. Shortly thereafter I bought another mechpack...and then I took advantage of the Black Friday sales. Two more mechpacks later and I had been fully drawn over to the paid side by getting a free taste of the good life. I don't spend a lot, but if PGI hadn't been as generous as they were, this former FTP player would never have spent a dime.

People can be enticed to spend money. Far fewer can be bullied into it by a monolithic paywall.

#66 Scottygsxr1300

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

To anyone who has completed a day "Group Queue and Chill" Challenge,
1) Play 15 Group Matches
2) Play 1 Group Match per day.
What mech class was used or what game mode(s) have worked for you to complete this? Or is there some other qualifier, like that the team needs to win also?

#67 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

Nice challange...

#68 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 February 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Tokymboh i think thats out of date pretty sure i was getting protected medium done standing near heavies with no assaults on team will check later

it may be out of date but there is no where else which describes what the rewards are, which is kind of stupid. I didn't know what they were or how to get them and most of the people I was playing with didn't know or where to find the rewards.

it says something that I think you may be correct since you can have matches with no assualts in it at all as I have had and I seemed to get those rewards and proximity protection too.

PGI should do something about this since they are the ones that are designing the game, designing the rewards and setting up the competition the least they could do is tell you how to get the damn rewards

#69 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Just completed this challenge, I have a week booked off but nevertheless can only play in limit times.

Much appreciate the time given even though I did it in bulk, I hope it didnt annoy anyone else that it was too easy.

Just few things I'd suggest, go back to making it 'x' days out of 'y' rather than play every day. Also make the rewards MC's :D

Otherwise ggwp !

#70 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostAidan JadePhoenix, on 10 February 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

'Protected Light/Medium' match actions? what exactly should be done?

Apologies for the confusion!
Protected Light/Medium Definition:
- Be in a Light or Medium 'Mech
- Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 Weight Classes higher
- Both are engaged
- Reward occurs every 8 seconds if not interrupted

#71 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 14 February 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

- Both are engaged

Saw new PGI post in Announcements and thought... Supernova countd-? Oh... :(

#72 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 14 February 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

- Both are engaged

An update for you, Tina... It seems that the definition has changed in the background. From things I've read earlier in the thread, any Medium can apparently be near any Heavy, and they'll still get the bonus for Mediums. I'm even hearing rumors that Lights can sit near Mediums and get the bonus for Lights. I have yet to check that last part, though. :huh:

~D. V. "I'm guessing something got altered in the code?" Devnull

#73 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

During the 6 or 7 matches that it took me to get 100 "Protected Medium" rewards, I was trying to pay attention t exactly what triggered the award.

I can pretty much guarantee that it does count for Mediums working near Heavies.

It appears to be triggered any time the Medium does damage to an opponent or receives incoming fire.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 14 February 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#74 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

Boring few hours event. No "challenge" at all.

Why these "events" became "just-play-the-game-and-get-some-more-or-less-useless-shiny-goodies-for-doing-what-you-always-do" in the last year?

Tukkayid. Never forget!

Even "too the Victors!" was ways more fun!

aku
out

#75 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostAkula0815, on 15 February 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

Boring few hours event. No "challenge" at all.

Why these "events" became "just-play-the-game-and-get-some-more-or-less-useless-shiny-goodies-for-doing-what-you-always-do" in the last year?

Tukkayid. Never forget!

Even "too the Victors!" was ways more fun!

aku
out

in fairness, the reason WHY this event was so easy is so people could get back to the PTS, which some people seem to not realize, given their complaints on the timing..

#76 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

The Sparkling Wine Bottle item looks comically small. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users