• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

#2 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:32 AM

I think I was spectating some of those fights in-game, especially on Grim Plexus. Great to see that the reason not boose, but some experiments in "dangerous environment".
They should try to use "Pacific Rim" pilots with this stuff. Probably board is not enough, need some helmets as well.

#3 GrayMouser

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

If you've never checked out their site, you can find it at https://www.megabots.com/

Interesting they chose mechwarrior to try out some of the cockpit controls... I just can't imagine someone physically piloting one of those mechanical monsters; death would be swift and gruesome!

Though it was entertaining to watch them attempt to maneuver around the maps; I think they may need to get away from the 2 person control system!

A little trivia - anyone know of a 2 seat mech from the old BT 3025 days? I don't recall anyone, (even considering TT game) ever utilizing the second seat. I don't think it was ever in any of the specs (I perused my 3025 Technical Readout since I was curious). I believe it was just in a few pictures of the cockpit itself, but I believe later revisions of the mech make the cockpit smaller (it would have been a massive target had the original design be realized in MWO).

I'm looking forward to finally piloting one.

No Googling!

Edited by GrayMouser, 20 February 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#4 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Off the top of my head, the Battlemaster was a two seater, at least according to some of the books. Not sure if its listed in the TROs that way

#5 AchingNoodle

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Unless I am wrong any of the -DC mechs. DC stands for Dual Cockpit doesn't it?

#6 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostAchingNoodle, on 20 February 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

Unless I am wrong any of the -DC mechs. DC stands for Dual Cockpit doesn't it?

Yes. It was my first tought as well as Comand Console.
From Sarna:

"A Command Console is a BattleMech component that can only be added to Heavy or Assault class 'Mechs; it is too large to fit into smaller 'Mechs. The Command Console adds a complete second set of controls for a second MechWarrior (pilot) with added command and control facilities. (It should not be mixed up with the much smaller Dual Cockpit, which can be installed on any 'Mech and splits 'Mech operation between two people, a pilot and a gunner, and therefore requires both to operate the 'Mech.)"

"A Dual Cockpit, also called Dual Cockpit Combat (DCC) System, is a non-standard cockpit layout for BattleMechs that splits 'Mech operation between two operators, usually a pilot and a gunner. It should not be confused with the Command Console, which provides two complete, independent sets of controls.
The MechWarriors forming a team in a Dual Cockpit must synchronize their neurohelmets, a complex process which requires both team members to be in the cockpit. If one team member is taken out, the other can assume control of the entire 'Mech, but loses all advantages of the Dual Cockpit and operates less effectively than he would in a regular cockpit."

Thomasso

#7 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

they should have a tournament.

to see who does the best to get a chance at piloting the real thing LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic