• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

http://imgur.com/a/9c5PX
come on really?

#edititconcealnames

Edited by Grus, 21 February 2017 - 07:35 PM.
name & shame issue

#2 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

ouch.

#3 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Add this to my submission for a better matchmaker.

#4 Ahh Screw it - WATCH THIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

That really isn't that bad.

The only lance that truly ran off and did nothing were the lights.

Wait for the fun of 7+ on your team doing double digit damage.

#5 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostGrus, on 21 February 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Add this to my submission for a better matchmaker.

If you are in tier 4 only a distinctional matchmaker can save you from dropping with loads of potatoes consistently in the QP solo queue....so you might want PGI to leave it in its "mostly broken" current state.

#6 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 21 February 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

If you are in tier 4 only a distinctional matchmaker can save you from dropping with loads of potatoes consistently in the QP solo queue....so you might want PGI to leave it in its "mostly broken" current state.

that didn't make any sense to me, could you please clarify?

#7 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostGrus, on 21 February 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

that didn't make any sense to me, could you please clarify?

Just that in tier 4 (with a properly functioning matchmaker) you are likely to be in matches with newer players (tier 3-5)...so more matches with potatoes are likely...if the matchmaker is working correctly (as I understand it)

There is at least one thread on forums postulating that the matchmaker isn't functioning this way all the time at the moment and may be more often be mixing the higher tiered players with the lower tiered ones. Thus, you would get more games against bmore experienced competition (and with better teammates) if the matchmaker isn't quite working as initially intended some of the time.

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 21 February 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Just that in tier 4 (with a properly functioning matchmaker) you are likely to be in matches with newer players (tier 3-5)...so more matches with potatoes are likely...if the matchmaker is working correctly (as I understand it)

There is at least one thread on forums postulating that the matchmaker isn't functioning this way all the time at the moment and may be more often be mixing the higher tiered players with the lower tiered ones. Thus, you would get more games against bmore experienced competition (and with better teammates) if the matchmaker isn't quite working as initially intended some of the time.
sof you're saying that if I'm solo dropping then this is the norm? How can someone advance then other than grouping up?

#9 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostGrus, on 24 February 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

sof you're saying that if I'm solo dropping then this is the norm? How can someone advance then other than grouping up?

Yep. As you advance tiers (grind away!) you will be put in games with better teammates and better opponents (if the matchmaker works properly...which is debatable). If a player has talent, you will help your group of solos win more often and by doing so rise to higher tiers faster....but it still takes time and matches.

#10 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Because your opposing teams are equally bad on average.

Don't worry about advancing, the tier system has a strong positive bias, it's a lot easier to advance in tiers than it should be. You should be more worried about moving too fast up in tiers.

#11 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

By simply smoking all the potatoes in those lower tiers and topping the leader boards for match score.

It's not hard I did it last month with a QKD in a T3 alt to prove the point that the MMers effect is very noticable, and thus somewhat functioning. The lower tiers have significantly less competition and is a complete easy mode potato farm.

#12 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

Frustrating is a poor word for this. I've been stuck at low their 4 for a while now because I seem to get matches like this more often than not.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 February 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Frustrating is a poor word for this. I've been stuck at low their 4 for a while now because I seem to get matches like this more often than not.

For your Season 7, 35-38 win/loss and 54vs45 K/D with 192 avg match score.
Season 8 42-63 w/l and 91vs72 K/D and 189 avg match score.

Overall, you do not do well with assaults and nothing in lights. What are the load outs of your medium and heavies? Assaults can be difficult if you do not anticipate and/or receive assistance from dropmates, whereas mediums and heavies tend to provide that little bit of speed to get in and out of a bad situation. Overall though the match score is bias on your damage output.

The Quickplay Leaderboards do not have FP stats in them, and there will be many times where FP builds and QP builds do not work well in the other queue.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 February 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#14 f00lish1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

By doing at least 400 damage a match and carrying the potatoes. You won't drop when you lose and you will advance significantly when you win.

#15 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

I like them baked and mashed.

#16 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostGrus, on 20 February 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Posted Image
come on really?

#edititconcealnames

Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 February 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 25 February 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

For your Season 7, 35-38 win/loss and 54vs45 K/D with 192 avg match score.
Season 8 42-63 w/l and 91vs72 K/D and 189 avg match score.

Overall, you do not do well with assaults and nothing in lights. What are the load outs of your medium and heavies? Assaults can be difficult if you do not anticipate and/or receive assistance from dropmates, whereas mediums and heavies tend to provide that little bit of speed to get in and out of a bad situation. Overall though the match score is bias on your damage output.

The Quickplay Leaderboards do not have FP stats in them, and there will be many times where FP builds and QP builds do not work well in the other queue.
when I get home and a chance to get on the computer I'll have to like the med and heavy stuff I use in qp. But I tend to use the phackt as my med or the Stormcrow. Heavy stuff can either be my maddog 6lrm5. Or a Hellbringers w/out the loyalty omnipod ( I'm cheep) clan mechs are expensive lol so I don't have mech more than that on the heavy side. Saving up for a timber.

Side question: where are you getting those stats?

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

when I get home and a chance to get on the computer I'll have to like the med and heavy stuff I use in qp. But I tend to use the phackt as my med or the Stormcrow. Heavy stuff can either be my maddog 6lrm5. Or a Hellbringers w/out the loyalty omnipod ( I'm cheep) clan mechs are expensive lol so I don't have mech more than that on the heavy side. Saving up for a timber.

Side question: where are you getting those stats?

You can find your stats on the leaderboards: https://mwomercs.com...le/leaderboards

Also, https://mwomercs.com...stats?type=mech has your detailed stats per individual chassis

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users