77 replies to this topic

#61 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

Super Nova is skimming and not walking....

#62 Asher420

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 February 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

• Catapult (all variants): Fixed a colour issue in the Left Leg with the Steiner Pattern applied.

Not gonna fix the shadow issue with the missle bay doors? Can it really be that hard?

Edited by Asher420, 21 February 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#63 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostAsher420, on 21 February 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not gonna fix the shadow issue with the missle bay doors? Can it really be that hard?

It was fixed on PTS, I also thought that would make it in this patch as I wrote here. Should be in the next patch I guess.

#64 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostRhialto, on 21 February 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

It was fixed on PTS, I also thought that would make it in this patch as I wrote here. Should be in the next patch I guess.

Who gives a **** about bloody shadow's when mechs are getting 6% of their health destroyed before they get out of dropship.

#65 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostWolfengel, on 21 February 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

? ? Why ? ?
well armored
Have good to excellent firepower

But
Always need another mech (no matter what weight class) as protection against light mechs or a lot of SSRM and Beagel and Module (360° and or hold Target for +3,5s)

Posted Image
i love my Arctic Cheetah - - - Assaults
Posted Image

Because assolts too slow. It's just whipping bags. When we see something asolt consider it an easy target. Everyone runs hit him quickly. It is easy to damage caused ... When asolt attacks, it inevitably opens the angle of a few enemies. He did not run away and hide, he is doomed to be for noobs. There are of course exceptions, but they are related just with the speed. This light assolts Gargoole, marauder, batlmaster.

Edited by Nimnul, 22 February 2017 - 01:37 AM.

#66 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:04 AM

View PostH A S T A, on 21 February 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

it was a poptart medium mech, didnt noticed the build, over 100 of front armor, i was fresh, didnt had time to do any damage
you can't kill a clan mech just by destroying a side torso anyways

it was not a headshot, engine destroyed, one shot by a poptart

Had a "similar" problem in one of the matches last night.

I was piloting a STD 235 Iron Grid with AC's and with all the ammo in the legs. My left leg got opened with ammo exploding taking that leg off along with a ST (structure gone, armour yellow) on the same side - boom! engine destroyed, with my CT still orange on the aftermath screen Posted Image

Is it a glitch, or a "first time for everything"? Posted Image

#67 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

Should have put case in the side torsos.

#68 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 February 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Should have put case in the side torsos.

Maybe... though I thought it wasn't necessary due to the fact I wasn't packing any ammo in the STs...

#69 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Case stops damage from explosions from transferring to the next adjacent location among its features. So the explosion would have gone from the leg to the ST and then stopped there by the case, without blowing out the CT. Its generally useless on inner sphere mechs with XL engines because of how the game handles a ST destruction and engine crit hits as losing the ST kills the mech anyway but with standard engines and ammo spread around the mech its still a useful feature to consider.

Edited by Dee Eight, 23 February 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#70 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Still not really worth it, though. If you're losing a leg full of ammo, and it's exploding doing enough damage to your Side Torso to take it out too, AND your CT after that... Well, that's a pretty rare circumstance to start with (had to have that ammo pop, destroy the leg+transfer, AND have the second bin of ammo in the leg explode when the leg exploded, so you're already at 1% likelyhood right there (10% of 10%, ignoring the probability of having the first bin actually destroyed while both were full).

That's a pretty extremely rare event, and really not worth the cost of 2 slots and a ton (between two ST's CASE's) vs. a larger engine or more ammo in the case of a HBK.

I'd just laugh it up as an "OMG" moment. After all, you're looking at like 280 damage from the ammo directly. That's pretty brutal.

#71 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

ERROR:

With "disable tooltips" enabled(so that I don't see tooltips anymore), I am no more able to see the Mech-Overlay(Weapons, Modules, Cockpit, turning-degrees etc) when I hover with the mouse over the mech, in the mech select screen.

When I disable "disable tooltips" (so that I do see tooltips for every menue-point: Cockpit--> here you can outfit your cockpit --> genius who would have guessed that) I can see the Mech-Overlay for Modules, Weapons etc. when I hover with the mouse over the mech in the mech select screen.

But from previous patches I know that "disable tooltips" and the overlays for the mech select screen, are close together in the programm code, or how they are being handled. Looks like this error has appeared again.

Can anyone confirm with the same problem?

#72 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

awww you broke the hover function in Mech select. One day a patch wont remove useful features.

Edit: OMG its now part of tooltips... so if tooltips is disabled you cant hover.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 24 February 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#73 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

You cancelled the new skill tree - great work !

#74 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 February 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

They announced it was pushed back a month for improvements, and if you read the skill tree update announcement then you will be very pleased with the changes (assuming you are capable of feeling emotions other than those derived from the Dark Side)

i have no emotions cause i am a mother####ing robot playing a robot game ;(

#75 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

Sixth Patch since I noticed a Bug with the Tutorial/Academy BattleGrid, and that's still NOT fixed. Time for me to link to it as a reply to an Announcement, and get the message out to others... "Tutorial/academy -- Crazy Bug: Wrong Battlegrid Map" https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238613-tutorialacademy-crazy-bug-wrong-battlegrid-map/ ... and let's hope that lightning doesn't strike me and keep me from following up. Frankly, I'm thinking somebody is keeping somebody else's patch from making it into the monthly cycles, but I have no idea... :(

~D. V. "It's sand dunes, not docks!" Devnull

#76 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Great that we don't get the new skill tree !

#77 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 25 February 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

You cancelled the new skill tree - great work !

View PostDesintegrator, on 18 March 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Great that we don't get the new skill tree !

just sneaking around now and catching little gems like this.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 19 March 2017 - 12:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users