Latest News Regarding Upcoming Skill Tree Pts Update

65 replies to this topic

#21 krimshaw

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

"If you wish to re-acquire a Skill Node you previously removed (from the individual ‘Mech whose Skill Tree you are working with) you will not be required to repurchase that Skill Node at the initial purchase cost.
Re-acquiring Nodes you previously purchased at full cost will only require 400 XP."

Is xp getting changed? Are you being hired by the government because they love to make us pay multiple times for something we have earned and paid for?
I like the way the systems looks but if I've earned it I don't want to pay for it again and again.

"Finally, we’d very much like to reiterate that we are continuing to evaluate baseline systems in an attempt to better balance not only the Inner Sphere and Clan dynamic, but any other aspect of the game and its systems where we determine baseline systems may favor one specific approach over its alternatives."
5 mech per unit inner sphere four in clan, in faction battle would even things up, at least those were the tactics used in the original Battletech.

gratuit le système de peinture !!!

#22 Excalibaard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

View Postkrimshaw, on 22 February 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

"If you wish to re-acquire a Skill Node you previously removed (from the individual ‘Mech whose Skill Tree you are working with) you will not be required to repurchase that Skill Node at the initial purchase cost.
Re-acquiring Nodes you previously purchased at full cost will only require 400 XP."

Is xp getting changed? Are you being hired by the government because they love to make us pay multiple times for something we have earned and paid for?
I like the way the systems looks but if I've earned it I don't want to pay for it again and again.
"Finally, we’d very much like to reiterate that we are continuing to evaluate baseline systems in an attempt to better balance not only the Inner Sphere and Clan dynamic, but any other aspect of the game and its systems where we determine baseline systems may favor one specific approach over its alternatives."
5 mech per unit inner sphere four in clan, in faction battle would even things up, at least those were the tactics used in the original Battletech.

gratuit le système de peinture !!!

I think it\s 4x3 for IS, and 5x2 for clan. Which would be an interesting asymmetric way of playing the game.

#23 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Yeah it's annoying that they won't even TRY an asymmetric version, they've tried almost every other stupid idea so why not this one?

#24 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostExcalibaard, on 23 February 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I think it\s 4x3 for IS, and 5x2 for clan. Which would be an interesting asymmetric way of playing the game.

That is correct. The IS fought in lances of 4 while the Clans fought in stars of 5.

View PostDogstar, on 23 February 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yeah it's annoying that they won't even TRY an asymmetric version, they've tried almost every other stupid idea so why not this one?

This was proposed waaaaay back in 2013 when the Clans invaded. PGI's response was that it was too complicated and could not be done. Since then, it's been a dead issue.

#25 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

So is there an expected date for the next wave of pts on this?

#26 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 23 February 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

So is there an expected date for the next wave of pts on this?

Today.

#27 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

I thought so but it's not letting me connect... actually keeps trying to tell me that I've lost internet connection lol

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 23 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#28 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 23 February 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

I thought so but it's not letting me connect... actually keeps trying to tell me that I've lost internet connection lol

That's aggravating.

PGI might be having problems too - I haven't tried to get online with it yet myself. I just know that they announced that it would go live today.

#29 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

ah yeah... now it's showing it's down for maintenance... okay just wanted to make sure I had it installed correctly mainly.

#30 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 23 February 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

ah yeah... now it's showing it's down for maintenance... okay just wanted to make sure I had it installed correctly mainly.

Posted Image

Edited by Nightmare1, 23 February 2017 - 04:31 PM.

#31 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 23 February 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

PGI might be having problems too - I haven't tried to get online with it yet myself. I just know that they announced that it would go live today.

According to OP, planned release is Friday 24th -OR- the coming week depending on their progess and challenges in the implementation. Did you get a confirmation elsewhere?

#32 CrashKingSnev

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

As others have said, I'd still like to see the skill tree c-bill costs slightly cheaper. But...

THANK YOU PGI, for listening to your players and trying to do right by us!

#33 Excalibaard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 23 February 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

This was proposed waaaaay back in 2013 when the Clans invaded. PGI's response was that it was too complicated and could not be done. Since then, it's been a dead issue.

Yeah, if you're going to allow mixed queues of IS and Clan, you can't just randomly distribute 1.2x more powerful clan mechs. Since matchmaking is already a problem, I understand where they're coming from. For FP it should be feasible though.

Though that gives 2 different rules between the game modes, they're very different already anyway. And you could just have IS mechs take 0.9x the amount of damage or something to let them catch up. Or allow to deselect Clan/IS from your queueing preferences.

#34 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostExcalibaard, on 23 February 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Clan should be combat units in groups of 5 5 mechs in a star. 5 stars in a binary. binaries are used to form trinaries, and I think glaxies are next. should be 12 v 15 or 4 v 5 to be accurate. PGI doesn't do accurate.

#35 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

No P.T.S this weekend ?

I thought the event was made light for non Supernova owners so that we could test the changes ?

#36 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostDeeHawk, on 24 February 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

According to OP, planned release is Friday 24th -OR- the coming week depending on their progess and challenges in the implementation. Did you get a confirmation elsewhere?

Nope, I just mixed up the dates! Posted Image

#37 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 February 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

No P.T.S this weekend ?

I thought the event was made light for non Supernova owners so that we could test the changes ?

The event is for supernova pilots or involving Supernovas.This is still only testing for the skills tree. I'd rather they take time and build a working system than something that has a lot of problems in. PGI has a way to go yet the record delay of a release. That goes to the Duke Nukem. That rang in at 20+ years or so.

#38 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Skill tree prices still way to high for those of us with large stables of mechs.

1. Either grandfather cbill costs to free for all existing mastered mechs at launch. This allows us to remaster all our old mechs. Any new mechs will be under new system

or
2. Give us all historical cbills that we have earned to pay for these changes.

I won't spend 1.3 billion C-bills I don't have to return my mechs to playable. I've spent over 1k on this game, but won't spend another dime if I am bankrupted by this new system.

#39 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 23 February 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Today.

Nay. It was delayed a bit because Reasons. Tina posted that it'll be a couple days.

#40 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostChound, on 24 February 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Clan should be combat units in groups of 5 5 mechs in a star. 5 stars in a binary. binaries are used to form trinaries, and I think glaxies are next. should be 12 v 15 or 4 v 5 to be accurate. PGI doesn't do accurate.

Not PGI's fault. 4v5 (or any other assymetric amount) would be MASSIVELY harder to balance than 4v4 lances. This has been gotten into many times, but yeah, it's not an "easy solution" as the numbers element is extraordinarily hard to quantify. Two "strength 10" mechs are worth WAY more in a battle than one "strength 20" mech, even if you have an accurate way to rate the strength of mechs in the first place that accurately, or the numbers for a MM to ensure you had good matches with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users