Bad Hitreg And Ping Since Newest Patch

9 replies to this topic

#1 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

Well, I've been trying to resolve just what the hell happened since the latest patch, and I'm still coming up short. Ping immediately nearly doubled, and I've seen directly, as well as had others note there is some really, really odd (and bad) Hit Reg since it for others as well.

Anyone have any clue what's up? A bad node on the way to Vancouver? Something else changed serverside? A seeming wave of "what the **** ISP?" that's purely on our user's end?

Right now I'm running some tracert to see if it's hopping a direction it shouldn't, but I'm curious if this has been a problem with more than who's empathized with what I've been seeing.

#2 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

Skynet!

#3 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

I swear EVERY patch, there is one guy saying "the patch messed up my ping/hitreg".

Wha is more probable:

PGI messing something up in a way that only affects an extremely small number of customers despite all having the SAME client code, playing on the SAME server(s).

OR

Some people have problem with emotionally based selective perception.
(Meaning: It's always working better or worse. Or there are other factors, external to MWO, going on like general internet problems in your area. Without a patch, you register such things as "meh, as usual". But when a new patch comes out, you all of a sudden focus on the bad values and ignore the good values and of course it must be PGI's fault)

Edited by Paigan, 23 February 2017 - 07:26 AM.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

I'm having same ping here. No noticeable lag related issues.

#5 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Most likely the problem is on your end and independant of the patch.

#6 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

I'm in California, usa, no changes for me in hit reg, fps, or ping.

#7 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

Montreal canada, hitreg seems fine and the Ping is still under legal age.

#8 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

Just a case of baaaaaad timing then (which isn't all that rare, trouble coming in threes and all that). I have a feeling that it may be for, whatever absolutely derpy reason, the DNS is taking the -wrong- hops the wrong way before going back to Vancouver all of a sudden (ISP has been doing some **** in town but denies everything as usual, strike one, new patch coinciding, strike 2, going from a good stable ping to something closer to what I used to get going to EU servers, strike three).

If it's not something on PGI's end (as more usually notice, and if it's something less isolated, odds are they'd say something is up), and it's not the ISP (but then, they've been caught being dishonest or just plain clueless more than once), may just be luck of the draw. Now, if maybe I can kick where it's hopping in the balls so it picks a better route... hoorah. Only thing I can narrow it down to atm. Much obliged for responding regardless, never hurts to see what the consensus may be.

#9 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

My ping went from starting January patch

NA 200 to 270
EU 320 to 270
SA 320 to 230

None of whom are acceptable in the long term, but still somewhat playable. Playable however does not mean enjoyable.

I don't believe its my ISP problem.

Compared to

War Thunder NA server - 165 ms
World of Warships NA server - 105 ms

#10 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

So I had a weird experience last night.

On Canyon, I saw someone's dual PPC's appear to hit my cockpit... and cause no damage. I was charging the gauss/PPC blow for him so I didnt want to turn away and just accepted I'd get hit but then seeing two PPC's coming straight for the cockpit I got nervous. I dropped down only to watch my mech damage not even flash, let alone change colour.

So yeah, I had a weird case of hit reg not working but this is first time I've been on the receiving end. Mostly I fire dual PPC's into a slow moving assault only to see it brush through the armpits or something. I believe there's an odd problem with just PPC's but nothings really changed.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users