Supernova Leaderboard And Challenge Event

96 replies to this topic

#81 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

Crap event for the community AND PTS is pushed back ... awesome planning. Its cool it was actually getting kind of crowded around here.

#82 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

Why all the emphasis on the pts? Do the players have to hold pgis hand? Seriously they should know if what they're putting out is crap or not. I agree with all comments for incentives on pts. If you want us to play it so badly throw us a bone don't nerf SN release. Childish

Edited by Krocodockle, 25 February 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#83 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

I'm usually not ever too up in arms about stuff, but - to announce that the event is exclusive to SNV pilot because the PTS is going up (which is something the community has asked for in the past - to make sure the PTS gets enough folk), then not put the PTS out is totally screwy.

#84 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

I think it's funny to look at all the whiney bratty posts from chumps who say "no event? No login this weekend" and "The event is impossible because LRMs are OP."

If you only play during events, and do it only until you get the rewards then logout, that means you're not a very active player and contribute little to the matchmaking pool. You're also stingy. However I must admit that it is a welcome change from the people who say that events always ruin gameplay for the weekend.

If you don't have AMS equipped and you insist on avoiding the cover offered on Polar Highlands, then you are not even trying to avoid LRMs. Don't complain about LRMs when you don't have AMS equipped. It should get you a temporary forum ban to do so...

I guess people should just reserve their complaints for things worth complaining about. Like BattleMech hand actuators that unfairly hurt Mechs that have them and can't remove them, and low-slung gorilla arms that defy what BattleTech says Mechs can do (raise arms to aim weapons)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 February 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#85 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

Apparently three days premium time for doing virtually nothing is a crap event around here Posted Image

So P.G.I pushed the new test session back, not the end of the world.

Maybe just maybe, they looked through suggestions and thought we can put that idea in without to much of a delay..

This is one of those rare times when P.G.I are listening to us, and actively trying to make the new tree work well, rather than just give up on it, after a bad introduction.

Seems a good thing to me, seems not to others

#86 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hey All,
This event was created with the following in mind.
1. Give the Supernova owners the event they deserve (and expect)
2. Don't give players a reason not to try PTS (We've had complaints about running events at the same time as PTS)

View PostTina Benoit, on 24 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Unfortunately the next update to the PTS Skill Tree build won't be up today, a bit more time was required and will be ready for early next week.

Thank you for understanding!

Surgeon General's Warning: Irony in sufficient quantities may pose a choking hazard to small children and MechWarriors.

#87 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Surgeon General's Warning: Irony in sufficient quantities....

You rang???

#88 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 25 February 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

You rang???

Now that's funny.

#89 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

Feb. 24 1987 - An exploding supernova was discovered in the Large Magellanic Cloud galaxy.

Aren't you glad you clicked on this? Posted Image

#90 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Apparently the second great extinction could have been due to a supernova. Whatever it was fried most of life on Earth with intense radiation (it pretty much hit the reset button). It went pretty deep into the oceans too but the deepsea creatures survived it thankfully.

Anyways that aside, if PT is the new reward, I'd be a little disappointed in comparison to their previous events but at least it's something. It's having a bounty on a mech which I think is really harsh. Those poor folks who are trying to level it up are getting focused for no good reason. It's like buying a new car then having others crash into it just for a few laughs. Surely you want your first experience with your shiny new paid for item to be a good one.

I'll be the first to admit I really wanted the 3 day PT just to finish levelling some mechs and did make an extra effort to splat a Supernova. It was a loss of a game anyways so I wanted to get something out of it. My Sexy-cutioner never fails me.

I really don't see any harm in giving a few c-bills, GXP. If it's the free hanging items/warhorns etc then that's a great bonus. If it's MC's then super, I get to choose which items I'd like :)

p.s. Colours would be nice but I get why they stopped it.

#91 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 25 February 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Crap event for the community AND PTS is pushed back ... awesome planning. Its cool it was actually getting kind of crowded around here.

I found the perfect gif for pgi's handling of this event in combo with pts
Posted Image

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 26 February 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Please enlighten me

#92 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

Me too, but in this course I cannot understand why PGI still not implemented map-binded camos that would stimulate camos and colours sales. And give much more sense to camo also.

#93 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostMorggo, on 24 February 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

I... um... really? People are complaining about the 'stingy' even? After all the complaining (rightfully so I might add) of profitable events during a PTS? I mean, really?

If you are not a PTS participant nor plan to be, great. No worries. There is infinite time to hold any type of event that you will get to participate in an claim all sorts of free stuff. However, there is a very finite timeline to run the PTS iterations so it makes perfect sense to not offer a profitable event that will potentially (likely) pull those unfortunately few PTS participants away from PTS.

The only thing I can see as a bit of a 'whoops' on their part is offering active premium time.... which sort of erases the effort to keep people in PTS... you are likely NOT jump over to PTS until after you 3 days are used up. Better would have been to offer a single item ... a color or single shot, or warhorn... anything that would not keep you out of PTS. (a better item may have tempered all the bizarre complainers too.... not likely, but possibly)

1. Did PGI listen to community feedback about PTS and events? Yes, no longer holding big events during PTS.
2. Did PGI listen to community feedback about providing info about 'why' a decision? Yes, explained small event is to encourage PTS participation instead of playing event.
3. Did PGI promise a more robust event soon? Yes, right in line with #2 above.
4. Did the community once again hammer PGI for actually doing exactly what was asked for previously with bizarrely contradictory demands? Sadly, yes.

As for providing rewards for PTS time spent... last I understood it was due to PTS being physically a different instance/server/DB copy, etc from Live. There is simply no linkage between the two without coding a bridge and process between the two, the validation and testing, etc etc. But since this would take away resources from developing the game I am certain folks would demand this to occur. ...... then of course rant afterwards about the dev time spend coding a PTS rewards bridge back to Live. Would expect nothing less....

When I brought up the word stingy, I was merely helping the poster find the word he was looking for and doesn't reflect my feelings about this event.

I do think these particular events should only cater to the players that bought the mech and doesn't need to encompass everyone. 3 days premium time is more than generous.

People need to chill out and stop complaining about every little thing PGI is doing. It's the same ******* boring dreck.

#94 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 26 February 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

I found the perfect gif for pgi's handling of this event in combo with pts
Posted Image

Please enlighten me

They made a post about it somewhere but I believe it was along the lines of it being a slap in the face for those who actually paid for them or received them as content.

Unfortunately that topic was on colours, it actually applies to all freebies for MC's.

#95 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 27 February 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

They made a post about it somewhere but I believe it was along the lines of it being a slap in the face for those who actually paid for them or received them as content.

Unfortunately that topic was on colours, it actually applies to all freebies for MC's.

Then the whales with that opinion will soon have no one to play with/against if thats the way they want it. If I was a whale id rather stuff I've had for months/years be eventually available for others to keep them playing.

#96 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostDelta1262 Scorch, on 23 February 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

It's just that Premium time is not the best idea, it's like you're getting 3 premium time days, you trigger them, and then they gonna expire while you're on PTS server Posted Image

View PostKodiakGW, on 23 February 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostCadoazreal, on 23 February 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

HOW DOTH ONE COMPLETE A 3 DAY COMMITMENT IN A FEW HOURS ???

Excellent point. Giving people 3 days of premium times seems to be counterproductive to getting them to play the PTS server. People will be more inclined to continue playing while it is running.

That is, unless it is rewarded at the end of the challenge. That way we can save it until the next time we log in to play.

Ah, some people who know the same feeling as myself about the matter. Maybe PGI could replace the "3-Day Active Premium Time" with something less involved like "500 (MC)"??? It's not the entire equivalent of the Premium Time, but it's enough to be suitable. :D

I really don't see any harm in giving a few c-bills, GXP. If it's the free hanging items/warhorns etc then that's a great bonus. If it's MC's then super, I get to choose which items I'd like Posted Image

I hear that. I really appreciate getting (MC) myself. Like this following post notes...

View PostCadoazreal, on 28 February 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

Then the whales with that opinion will soon have no one to play with/against if thats the way they want it. If I was a whale id rather stuff I've had for months/years be eventually available for others to keep them playing.

...if there wasn't Events that give WarHorns/Decals/Colors//Mech Bays/Mechs, then I would have run into a choking 'P2P Wall' some time ago and therefore would have been forced to quit playing within a mere few months of starting out. So yeah, I really appreciate when I can earn something with long-lasting effects that isn't too hyper-involved to earn. :o

View PostCadoazreal, on 26 February 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Please enlighten me

I would like to know why, as well... I earned some colors near the start of when I began playing, and it has been kind of dismal not seeing more since. Who always wants to paint their Mech with the same colors anyway? :mellow:

~D. V. "Seeking sanity in the midst of the insane..." Devnull

#97 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Where my MC ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users