96 replies to this topic

#41 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

I had been actually a little peeved that everybody gets my nice new shinny cockpit items 2 days after me. Now for one of the few mech I didnt pre-order, we, I, do not have the oppurtunity to recieve these rewards.
I dont know, you have had a resonable response to your last few events and now you change it....???

#42 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

I find it hard to believe a company can get it so wrong, even after they get it right. Its not a Big deal, just a little mind boggling.
If you are not playing PTS, you are not playing PTS... this does not encourage me otherwise.
These events have not been more than 2-3 hrs 'happy grind' (just play enjoy!') anyway...

PGI continues to stuff up the unstuffable gg

Edited by Bolter01, 23 February 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#43 JENNER llC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

hmm

at least have a sale on thematic items ? to celebrate the super nova

energy, space etc

ah well lucky charms not far away \o/

#44 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Really PGI... events are getting as bad as your effort to fix the game.
Excitement level = zero

#45 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

Please explain why you decided to make it KMDD only not kmdd or kill? id hate to be piloting a snv right now lol and it will be bad for them for longer coz no 2nd method of getting it done, 5 games ive done top damage on team haven't got kmdd yet lol, maybe i should stop trying to win game and tunnel vision one.

#46 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Tunnel vision worked

#47 Aeryo

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

I will play on PTS for sure but I think the best way to get people to play on PTS would be to incentivise it, if needed.
Not doing an event in the now usual way on the live server and writing we don't do it because you should play on the PTS is a bad idea.
Giving free premium time as small incentive is nice but will keep non premium players away from PTS for 3 days.

#48 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Aw first world entitlement issues of gamers...

View PostAeryo, on 23 February 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

I will play on PTS for sure but I think the best way to get people to play on PTS would be to incentivise it, if needed.
Not doing an event in the now usual way on the live server and writing we don't do it because you should play on the PTS is a bad idea.
Giving free premium time as small incentive is nice but will keep non premium players away from PTS for 3 days.

The incentive is being able to get a first look at something that could be going to the live servers, and possibly influence the outcome of that.

#49 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

I dont know an appropriate english word to describe this event. In russian we call it "zhlobstvo". It means ~ "not enough lavish and generous" 8)

Edited by Falconer Cyrus, 24 February 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#50 yurraro

• Pip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

Well, waiting for the event with ONE Cbill as a main prize
What a way to attract players!

#51 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:49 AM

So... PGI does a noice event while PTS runs - community goes bonkers, says all the stupid and facepalm things, blames PGI for luring people away from the PTS.

PGI takes notice, runs a rather-not-so-noice event, there's even an explanation, promises of better events down the road and all. And again there's the facepalms and all the stupid...

I believe there should be a general consensus and rule of thumb established here.

Posted Image

Edited by MrKvola, 24 February 2017 - 03:50 AM.

#52 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

Ok thank you for the reply but what really needs to happen with the PTS is PTS EVENTS. You already have the tech, you use it on every event you do, PUT THE DANG THING ON THE PTS.

How many times do we have to bring this up, you want players to go to the PTS and test, then don't penalize them for testing cause they earn NOTHING.

Thank you, and please put this into practice.

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hey All,
This event was created with the following in mind.
1. Give the Supernova owners the event they deserve (and expect)
2. Don't give players a reason not to try PTS (We've had complaints about running events at the same time as PTS)

I had a larger Faction Play portion to this event that would have been quite challenging to complete (with prizes) but I have saved it for a later date. As TorinZ said March will have our famous Lucky charms event so you can look forward to that as well!

We do review our events after the fact with feedback from the Customer support team, Community manager, and reviewing completion Stats. I am always lurking through these threads looking for Constructive feedback so keep it coming!

@Anti90d
Posted Image

#53 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:08 AM

Oh nice, 3 days premium, just in time to level my Sad Cats. PTS? Meh...

#54 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

View PostEvangelX, on 23 February 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

I had been actually a little peeved that everybody gets my nice new shinny cockpit items 2 days after me. Now for one of the few mech I didnt pre-order, we, I, do not have the oppurtunity to recieve these rewards.
I dont know, you have had a resonable response to your last few events and now you change it....???

The MAD-IIC launch didn't include the MC and extra set of cockpit items, just leaderboards for one hanging item. As it was my first pre-order I was a bit disappointed that it didn't get the normal new mech objectives that literally every other mech gets, not to mention the shipped early adopter camo (Crusader) is kinda pathetic on the MAD-IIC and I was hoping for the event to unlock one.

It is a bit odd to not tie the release to a larger event, but I am more satisfied with the event than for my last pre-order. The main thing that tied me over with the lackluster MAD-IIC launch, is that it is one of the most potent mechs in the game. Supernova can't really claim that, but they are at least fun to play.

#55 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:09 AM

The only mind-boggling thing here is the number of people complaining. Ho-lee crap...

#56 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 24 February 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

I dont know an appropriate english word to describe this event. In russian we call it "zhlobstvo". It means ~ "not enough lavish and generous" 8)

The word you're looking for is stingy.

#57 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

Thank you for the event.

I applaud the decision not to draw too many people away from potentially taking part in the important PTS sessions. Maybe you kind of remiburse salty Supernova-Users in the course of a later event, where they can earn exclusive prices as well? :)

#58 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

I'd love to see a pts server event with challenges like

play three matches getting a score of 50 in an unskilled mech
"" "" in a clan mech with all skills
"" "" in an is mech with skills

and rewards like days of premium time on your regular server account.

But I am fine with this rationale for a small event.

Also, I want to see that FP event that was dropped from this event come up next week.

#59 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

So should i spend the 3 days premium time in PTS?!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 24 February 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#60 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

Step one select splat-cat.

Step two choose brawlingmap

Step three seek out Super Nova

Step four profit.

One match, it took me one match lol. Love it! Thank you for the "free" premium time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users