#21 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 23 February 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

We could have had an event last weekend.. or next weekend.. or they could have postponed the PTS for another week and had a decent event this weekend.

I don't think we should have ANY events while the PTS is ongoing, aside from PTS events that award your LIVE account for having played X amount of matches in the PTS server.

..but on top of cutting the number of events we have in 2017, compared to 2016, when we do finally get an event, it's poop.

There is no time to delay the PTS, need it live ASAP so it can be released in March. But really, this event is so short, I don't see an issue with it. I can probably finish it in an hour or two, and spend the rest of my free time on the PTS.

#22 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

you are right - If you see a Supernova on the opposing team please do not shoot him.

Would have been nice if you had made the achievement for killing the Supernova mech called "Supernova Goes Pop". Considering you usually have fun referential jokes with your achievements I think this was a missed opportunity.

And while the overall reward run for this event is lackluster compared to previous mech release events, it is refreshing to have a straight forward mech event for the first time in a long while, and shouldnt pull players away from the PTR (which has been a complaint I have made multiple times when you had massive events during game changing PTR events).

I would like to also say that Its great seeing that you guys are really taking the criticism and recommendations seriously these last few PTR sessions. Both in the power draw (which didnt fix any of the problem of ghost heat, and forced people to boat more, But I would have really liked to see the infowar stuff from that ptr made it in game), and the Skill Tree PTR. I know the community (especially those of us who have been here since the 'founding' tend to gripe a lot) is about as cuddly as a Nova Cat, but its really refreshing seeing you guys actually respond to the community recently compared to how things were a few years back.

Now who do we have to throw C-Bills at to get a damn Clan Nova Cat dekal?

#23 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Pot one Supernova to make up the days that are spent on the PTS instead, then hop over to the PTS.

Not sure if I'm thrilled with this or disappointed.

#24 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 February 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

While I don't feel any entitlement, there's never been an event this weak for non-owners.

Maybe they have listened and are not running a great event that will pull people away from the PTS testing. That has been bitched about plenty of times on this forum. Yet, they are still trying to provide something for the SNV buyer who do deserve an event to celebrate their new Mech.

Seems fine to me.

#25 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

"Is...is that a Supernova...???"

>>>ACTIVATE ENHANCED TUNNEL VISION<<<

#26 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

These mech event releases have been steadily getting worse until it fell through the floor on this one... worst event yet!

#27 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hey All,
This event was created with the following in mind.
1. Give the Supernova owners the event they deserve (and expect)
2. Don't give players a reason not to try PTS (We've had complaints about running events at the same time as PTS)

I had a larger Faction Play portion to this event that would have been quite challenging to complete (with prizes) but I have saved it for a later date. As TorinZ said March will have our famous Lucky charms event so you can look forward to that as well!

We do review our events after the fact with feedback from the Customer support team, Community manager, and reviewing completion Stats. I am always lurking through these threads looking for Constructive feedback so keep it coming!

@Anti90d
Posted Image

Ha! Don't Tell Russ... The last few times we had a PTS there were events and Russ said that PGI doesn't hold-back on events just because a PTS is scheduled.

This is, actually, a good about-face if it was done intentionally to not pull players from the PTS. Surprising, but good.

#28 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

For non-Supernova pilots, this event is the antithesis of "grinding"

#29 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

you are right - If you see a Supernova on the opposing team please do not shoot him.

Am I correct in thinking that you do not advise shooting Supernovas on the freindly team ether?

I am not sure if that would count for the KMDD but it could be worth a try (just kidding, probably)

On a slightly more serious note, would it be possible to give everyone a Supernova (or the ability to purchase one), on the PTS, allow it to count towards the event and give any event rewards earned to the live account provided they post some feedback? that would almost guarentee a reasionable turnout for the PTS.
I hate slow Mechs so have no interest in the Supernova, I am only sugesting this as a possible incentive to partisipate in the PTS which should not be too dificualt to track

Also the Supernova Kills or KMDD requirements, would a solo kill count as 2?
That would be both a kill and a KMDD, just curious

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 23 February 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#30 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 February 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

This is, actually, a good about-face if it was done intentionally to not pull players from the PTS.

They said in the event description it was a minor event due to the PTS, sounds pretty intentional.

#31 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Unless the "snowfall" cools my 'novas it now be much help...

#32 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

So, when is the PTS going to be up since this is so light for non-owners? 4PM PST the 24th?

#33 Warglbargl

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

Looks like I won't be playing MWO this weekend, lmao.

#34 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostWarglbargl, on 23 February 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Looks like I won't be playing MWO this weekend, lmao.

Play the PTS instead

#35 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 23 February 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

For non-Supernova pilots, this event is the antithesis of "grinding"

2 words come to mind...Terra...Therma. Posted Image

#36 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Oh good an event i don't have to bother playing

#37 Asher420

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

WOW!! Where's the incentive! After the MC sale you should have new clan mech owners out there eager to achieve some extra goodies. This is weak. I'm glad I didn't throw you guys $100, you didn't earn it this month.

#38 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 23 February 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

But really, this event is so short, I don't see an issue with it. I can probably finish it in an hour or two, and spend the rest of my free time on the PTS.

Posted Image
HOW DOTH ONE COMPLETE A 3 DAY COMMITMENT IN A FEW HOURS ???

Seriously PGI do some dumb **** but this takes the cake. Dont give us the part of events for colors/caches/keys/mc/cbills that takes me a couple hours to complete, do give me the reward that ties me to the live server for 3 days for bonus cbills...... did april come early this year or is the planet seriously getting this dumb............

#39 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 23 February 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

HOW DOTH ONE COMPLETE A 3 DAY COMMITMENT IN A FEW HOURS ???

Excellent point. Giving people 3 days of premium times seems to be counterproductive to getting them to play the PTS server. People will be more inclined to continue playing while it is running.

That is, unless it is rewarded at the end of the challenge. That way we can save it until the next time we log in to play.

#40 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Having gone and grabbed some lunch while I digested this event I have come to the conclusion that either PTS wont be up before 7 days expire (killing 1st supernova for event final day of event) or PGI are imbecilic bonobo's and deserving of the following

Posted Image
Posted Image

Lets not put the parts of an event in that take people a couple of hours but leave in the parts that incentivize them to stay on live server for 3 days while trying to get them off the live server onto the PTS !!!

im..... im not sure if im in shock or dumbfounded..............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users