Scout Decks On Both Sides Should Get Even Less Tonnage Than Now.

6 replies to this topic

#1 HiAndromon

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

Clan: 45 IS:50

Let's face it, with huchies ii-c's, huntsman, and specialy those novas if the enemy clans stick togheter independant if they are the atackers or not, they will win and IS doesn't stand a chance no matter the team composition, period! BUT the is of course, have great 55 ton mechs such as the bushy and the shadow hawk, so it should be balanced on both sides.

Clans would still have: Vipers, Arctic cheetos, shadow cats, jenners iic, ice ferret could see some appearence again...

And IS would have strong mechs such as the locust, the firestarter, hunchies, crabs, trebuchets, and the upcoming IS assassin and javelin (Hey there!)

Sorry for my bad english, what do you guys think?

#2 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

As with most such suggestions, I'd rather they implemented a "Bonus for Low Drop Weight" function more than hard cutting the tonnage caps (the exception being Clan scouting from 55 to 50, which made it at least slightly realistic for IS to compete by killing the Stormcrow). The more they can positively incentivize rather than hard cap or punish, the better.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostHiAndromon, on 26 February 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Clan: 45 IS:50

Let's face it, with huchies ii-c's, huntsman, and specialy those novas if the enemy clans stick togheter independant if they are the atackers or not, they will win and IS doesn't stand a chance no matter the team composition, period! BUT the is of course, have great 55 ton mechs such as the bushy and the shadow hawk, so it should be balanced on both sides.

Clans would still have: Vipers, Arctic cheetos, shadow cats, jenners iic, ice ferret could see some appearence again...

And IS would have strong mechs such as the locust, the firestarter, hunchies, crabs, trebuchets, and the upcoming IS assassin and javelin (Hey there!)

Sorry for my bad english, what do you guys think?

except traditionally Griffins, Shadow Hawks and Wolverines led scout lances (yes they also did other things), so personally, I'd be pretty salty if you cut out some of my favorite mechs from the one mode they really get to shine.

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 26 February 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

As with most such suggestions, I'd rather they implemented a "Bonus for Low Drop Weight" function more than hard cutting the tonnage caps (the exception being Clan scouting from 55 to 50, which made it at least slightly realistic for IS to compete by killing the Stormcrow). The more they can positively incentivize rather than hard cap or punish, the better.

Or like in QP, a reducing tonnage allotment the larger the group?

So, a Solo guy dropping might get to run a 55 tonner..... 2 man it breaks down to 50 ton avg, 3 to 45, and 4 to 40 avg? (Allowing for a crazy range from 160-220.... which tbh, I think group size overcomes the tonnage deficiency.)

#4 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

maybe IS scout drops should use the cheat known as team work.

#5 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

Does anyone, anywhere, have any idea, of why they don't reduce the weight caps to 35 tons for the "scout" mode? Anyone?

Could you imagine arctic cheetahs and locust going at it with jenners everywhere? Wow, much thoughts.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

If this ridiculously salty trend continues, we'd have only 20-30 tonners allowed in the game mode.

How many times should it be said that a "scout" does not imply "lightest weight"?

What is ******* wrong with gamers these days, especially those playing what is supposed to be a "thinking person's" shooter? Did someone perform a mass castration I did not hear about? <smh>

Edited by Mystere, 26 February 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#7 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

Actually scout mech tonnage needs to be substantially increased for Clan Jade Falcon: in Falcon Guard it clearly states that Clan Jade Falcon uses Warhawks for scout mechs Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users