11 replies to this topic

#1 JoanTheLiar

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 59 posts
  • Locationsouth pole where the ping is the highest

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

The year of 3050 is a huge year. Many awesome mech are produced before then but you know what mech is made in 3012?
THATS RIGHT THE MARUADER II BABY!! I'm not saying it should be released right away no.. but we can expect it the 100ton mech with the ballistic and energy hardpoint to outgun the king crab, mauler, and the atlas. Hands down the best upcoming IS assault mech in existence. The completion of the maruader is near fear them.

Edited by JoanTheLiar, 26 February 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#2 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Only 13 more MAD variants.

That chassis really gets around.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

the MAD is alot like the TBR, poster Children of BattleTech,
so many Versions of them, MAD / MAD-II / MAD-IIC, TBR / TBRmk2 / TBRmk3 / TBRmk4,

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

I don't wanna burst your bubble but the Marauder II really wouldn't be the best possible IS assault. This thread has a list of not only the potentially strongest assault mechs but of each weight class.
https://mwomercs.com...-now-with-poll/

If you want something strong from the Marauder family take a look at the Nightstar.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

There is something about those predator-like chicken walkers.

#6 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

I don't think the Marauder II would be as strong as people would hope for it to be. It wouldn't have the sheer dakka power a mauler or king crab has unless it gets double torso ballistics and 100 ton IS mechs tend to be dreadfully slow.. and we all know how XL IS marauders tend to perform as soon as someone flanks you or can shoot the ST easily

#7 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostJoanTheLiar, on 26 February 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

The year of 3050 is a huge year. Many awesome mech are produced before then but you know what mech is made in 3012?
THATS RIGHT THE MARUADER II BABY!! I'm not saying it should be released right away no.. but we can expect it the 100ton mech with the ballistic and energy hardpoint to outgun the king crab, mauler, and the atlas. Hands down the best upcoming IS assault mech in existence. The completion of the maruader is near fear them.

I love marauders, I have all of them, so I will very welcome the addition of MAD II, regardless of the performance in game.

#8 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

The Marauder II would not do well, because its TT-advantages (staying cool while firing weaponry and JJs) are almost meaningless in MWO while its TT-disadvantage (relatively weak armament in total) would be very prominent. Being a huge Marauder-fan I have often thought about the Marauder II but in the end its hardpoints are too limited.

The only variant which might perform well is the MAD-6M with its high engine cap and ECM, even if it has only five energy hardpoints.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the Mech. But I would not expect it to be "hands down the best upcoming IS assault mech in existence"...

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostJoanTheLiar, on 26 February 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

this might be true....

If not for the Pillager, Devastator, Thunderhawk, Gunslinger, or...well...almost any other IS Assault.

Marauder II?

Posted Image

#10 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

Why is 3050 such a great BT year anyways? There's a reason clan mechs feel overpowered in their current implementation. In 3050, they actually were. FASA designed the clans to be faster, stronger, lighter, and harder hitting than IS mechs in all forms at their first appearance. It wasn't until the 3060s that the IS caught up and started new innovations of their own, like X-pulse, RACs, MRMs, and even had their own version of omnitech. Why PGI thought the 3050s era was a good timeline to try to build a PvP, arena style game in is just beyond me, especially with their wish to follow TT standards. The TT clans vs. IS was intentionally and blatantly unbalanced during that time period.

#11 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

There is something about those predator-like chicken walkers.

I have never bought or driven anything else =)

#12 Cassa Nova

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

As long as I can get my 4H. I don't need the rockets but as long as I can stuff a few hundred MRM tubes into it I'll be satisfied.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users