#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

In celebration of seeing the "little Urbie who could" come to life, I wanted to create a contest, in conjunction with PGI to celebrate the little guy, now official to MWO as the UM-K9 "K-9" Urbanmech Hero.
Posted Image
(Note, the mech pictured above has been modified to more closely resemble original concept art, and does not reflect the actual finished geometry and paint selection of the UM-K9 Hero Mech)

This will be a three way contest, for Fan Fiction, and both Digital and Traditional Art.

This is the Entry Thread for TRADITIONAL ART ONLY.

By Traditional Art, I mean drawings, sketches, Lego mechs, Models, Macaroni Sculptures, etc. Physically created works of art made specifically for THIS contest.

*Just a side note (which I will append to the OP also),, it doesn't HAVE to be the Urbanmechs, or even robots. If someone wants to design the Uniforms and or Draw the Pilots of the Mechanized Police Unit of the Zhi-Chiang Constabulary, or something to do with the SWAT vehicles that support them.... by all means, feel free! (the shoulder patch for the unit has a simple "ZCC" on the top, and "MPU" on the bottom, with the middle field displaying the crest of the Federated Commonwealth)

All entries must be new and original, created especially for the sake of this contest. The Winner in each category will be gifted a shiny new UM-K9 "K-9" Urbanmech Hero. (dunno if there should be anything like MC, premium time, etc for 2nd/3rd place, or if it's an all or nothing type of party?)

For the fictional background informational aspect, a few details of the mysterious Urbanmech come to be known as the Deputy Dawg...er.... K-9.............. Posted Image

Spoiler

PRIZES:
1st Place: K9 Hero Mech
2nd Place MC Injection (1250 MC)
3rd place: Cockpit Item or Color of Choice

Winners will be decided by a Panel of PGI Judges, our Community Manager, Tina, and Myself!

This is all in good fun, of course, but I wanted some way of saying THANK YOU to all the members of the community who helped me get first the Urbanmech, and finally, my beloved Hero, into this game! And an extra special Thank you, to PGI, not only for bringing my Deputy Dawg to life, but supporting this contest, also!

Oops! I forgot! Contest ends 11:59pm EST, March 15th, 2017, after which we will judge and post winners hopefully soon after!

********ENTRIES to Date*********

1) -Snotling-

Posted Image

2) -Dolgfer-

3) -CoffeeFrog-

Posted Image

4) -MAXrobo-

Posted Image

5) -TheDevouringOne-

Posted Image

6) -c0d3rPK-

http://imgur.com/MY3gU7a

7) -Steel Raven-
Posted Image

......... more to come?

****EDIT****

I'm extending the Deadline. Not by choice, but necessity. Apparently Tina had to be out of town for the last couple of weeks, and won't be returning until Monday. I am trying to work the situation out with another Dev at this time, but because of his other responsibilities, I don't believe he has had time to get fully caught up. So until I know what is going on ( I am only one of the judges on the panel, and do not have the power to bequeath the prizes), I will have to extend the deadline. At this time I am extending it tentatively by 48 hours until 11:59 pm EST, March 17th, 2017, but it may extend longer depending on what is decided. I apologize for the confusion and thank you for your patience. If you have any more polishing on your arts, stories, etc, feel free to continue.

****************and the Winners are!**************************
Traditional Art:
-1st Place: Dolgfer
-2nd Place: Maxrobo
-3rd Place: steel raven

Thank you again to PGI and Tina and the various judges for making this possible... and to all the entrants who posted their creativity! And congratulations to our winners! Any problems with injections, please let me Tina know...and if our third place winners could contact Tina and let her know your choice of Color or Cockpit Item, she'll get those injected to your accounts! Thank you again!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 28 March 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

If only I hadn't already bought it...

...or I could draw...

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 01 March 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

If only I hadn't already bought it...

...or I could draw...

well, because of real work duties, it took me and Tina a couple days to hammer out the details, sorry.....

#4 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

I may try my hand at this one...

Win or not I have a few ideas of some funny things i wanna make that are Deputy Dawg/ K9 related.

Good luck everyone!

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 01 March 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I may try my hand at this one...

Win or not I have a few ideas of some funny things i wanna make that are Deputy Dawg/ K9 related.

Good luck everyone!

and that is exactly the spirit! FUN! The Deputy/K9 is kind of the height of silliness made real in the first place!

#6 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Darn, I would have entered if it allowed for animations.

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostKilroy, on 01 March 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Darn, I would have entered if it allowed for animations.

that is why there is the Digital Art Contest, also.......
https://mwomercs.com...an-art-contest/

and if you mean traditional hand drawn animation, well, yes that would fit the parameters.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 March 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#8 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 March 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

that is why there is the Digital Art Contest, also.......
https://mwomercs.com...an-art-contest/

and if you mean traditional hand drawn animation, well, yes that would fit the parameters.

Well would you look at that. I guess I need to get to work!

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Just a side note (which I will append to the OP also),, it doesn't HAVE to be the Urbanmechs, or even robots. If someone wants to design the Uniforms and or Draw the Pilots of the Mechanized Police Unit of the Zhi-Chiang Constabulary, or something to do with the SWAT vehicles that support them.... by all means, feel free! (the shoulder patch for the unit has a simple "ZCC" on the top, and "MPU" on the bottom, with the middle field displaying the crest of the Federated Commonwealth)

#10 N F X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 691 posts
  • Location48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Can I submit multiple things? For example a drawing and a model.

Edited by N F X, 04 March 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#11 sCOREscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 859 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Nice idea - thanks ! My brain is working - I will need some days... Posted Image

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostsCOREscream, on 04 March 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Nice idea - thanks ! My brain is working - I will need some days... Posted Image

well, you got 10 or so.... of course... judging by the crickets, not sure how much competition you will have. :/

View PostN F X, on 04 March 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Can I submit multiple things? For example a drawing and a model.

sorry I didn't see this... you can post as much as you want, but only one can be a submission for a prize.

#13 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 March 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

(the shoulder patch for the unit has a simple "ZCC" on the top, and "MPU" on the bottom, with the middle field displaying the crest of the Federated Commonwealth)

Ah, too bad. I love making unit insignia (see here), and para-military formations fascinate me (recently I did some O5P units by request and I liked it a lot). The police spin of the unit would offer some intresting opportunity for the insignia, not to mention the possible combination with the crest of Frederick Steiner, but if it is settled already ... Posted Image

Anyway, I have little time and given the amazing artwork that can be expected, a mere insignia would surely pale in comparison. So I am looking ahead for some awesome contributions. Posted Image

(PS: I'd still go for something more imaginative than the FedCom symbol and a some letters).

Edited by FLG 01, 04 March 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 04 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ah, too bad. I love making unit insignia (see here), and para-military formations fascinate me (recently I did some O5P units by request and I liked it a lot). The police spin of the unit would offer some intresting opportunity for the insignia, not to mention the possible combination with the crest of Frederick Steiner, but if it is settled already ... Posted Image

Anyway, I have little time and given the amazing artwork that can be expected, a mere insignia would surely pale in comparison. So I am looking ahead for some awesome contributions. Posted Image

(PS: I'd still go for something more imaginative than the FedCom symbol and a some letters).

Don't think it's settled. Just gave the basics. And looking at the plethora of submissions so far, you might have less competition than you think. If you can contribute something, please do. As noted, those are 3 of the elements that are on the patch. Nothing more. (basically since there is no extent planetary crest, etc, I went with the default "ruler". If you can explain why a different insignia would be used, go for it.)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 March 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#15 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

Ah, ok, thanks! Seeing the FedCom symbol and the ZCC/MPU as elements of the badge opens some artistic freedom which could be used to good effect. If I get some sparkling idea I might give it a try, because the concept of the units is definitely to my liking. Thanks again.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 04 March 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Ah, ok, thanks! Seeing the FedCom symbol and the ZCC/MPU as elements of the badge opens some artistic freedom which could be used to good effect. If I get some sparkling idea I might give it a try, because the concept of the units is definitely to my liking. Thanks again.

de nada.

After the K9 launches, I need to round up a lance and make a legit Zhi-Chiang Constabulary...but first...need to claim that unit tag....

#17 Real men have back dimples too

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAc2Pdb9uj4

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

Baby Mecha-Trump approves

Posted Image

#18 Snotling

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Okay then,

I'm going to throw my hat...ehmm.... Urbi into the Ring:

One of a kind, self made, hand painted Urbie K-9 Model, ca. 10 centimeters "tall" Posted Image .

Posted Image

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostSnotling, on 06 March 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Okay then,

I'm going to throw my hat...ehmm.... Urbi into the Ring:

One of a kind, self made, hand painted Urbie K-9 Model, ca. 10 centimeters "tall" Posted Image .

Oy! I stole me a UAC10 off one of them bleeding Clanners! Just try to get outta a speeding ticket now, eh?

(or ... I approve, nicely done!)

What media did you use? 3D print, pepakura, clay?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 March 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#20 Snotling

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

Its a 3D Print with added stuff: the antenna are just pin needles, the "lights" are made from cut plastic carton, the base is a screw cab, from a glas of marmelade i think.

Edited by Snotling, 06 March 2017 - 07:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users