• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Specs:
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK bios 1.31
RYZEN 1700 8-Core OC'd to 3.7 with stock cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB running at 2666 because I still haven't achieved the 3000 setting yet.
SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4

still using my old gtx 760 2gb for GPU

The issue I'm having is that every time I try to play MWO my FPS drops to 10-15 solid as soon as I get into a game on any map. I've tried adjusting every setting to low and it didn't improve at all.

Edited by Fluffy Muffin, 28 May 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

What do you have the system's Power Settings at? AMD suggest it needs to be set at High Performance instead of Balance. Also, do you have the Nvidia Power Management set to Max Performance instead of Adaptive?

https://mwomercs.com...0-mwo-on-ryzen/

Also, if running Windows 10, disable the Game Bar.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 May 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#3 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Power settings on performance as recommended. I haven't changed the GPU settings at all. running windows 10 but I don't know what the game bar is.

#4 Sparrow1250

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

Does the Ryzen have a built in GPU? If so make sure that MWO is using the Nvida card.

#5 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Nope it does not.

#6 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

try downloading this power settings from AMD

https://community.am...munity-update-3

also there should not be any issues pairing the AMD Ryzen CPU with a nVidia GPU

I have Ryzen 7 paired with GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 with zero issues other than BIOS settings itself

try locking in the BIOS the multiplier to 3.7GHz all the way.

#7 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

I downloaded the power settings and switched. I looked up gamebar and I realized I turned that off as soon as I built this machine because I didn't like it. I changed the settings to performance in the nvidia control panel. I don't know what you mean by locking it to 3.7 but I run the MSI gaming APP and it makes the CPU stay at 3.7 the entire time.

And absolutely nothing has changed.

Edited by Fluffy Muffin, 28 May 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#8 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

what sort of resolution are you asking of the 760 ? it should be fine to handle 1080p, but will really start to fall apart at 4K, or 144hz ... and you might want to check how warm its getting ... mine got pretty hot with the stock cooler, and I eventually ended up getting a water kit for it, that got transferred to a 1060 down the track, and the 760, its got the cooler that come with the gtx 1060, and its been pretty happy in my sons pc ever since ...

if you upload a log, just add some tags around it, that is, the start and the end, without the spaces, they go '[ spoiler][ code]' and '[ /code][ /spoiler]' to end up looking like this
Spoiler

is this a fresh windows install, or your old one ... and does the 32 bit version run any better than the 64 bit ... I use MSI Afterburner to do some on screen in game hardware stats overlay, that you might find useful, it should be able to handle any gpu overclocking from beneath your 760 up to current models, it uses the rivatuner statistics server in the middle ... but its nice to have the info available on video if I happen to review what happened when, during a match, what the cpu usage was like etc ...

Edited by NARC BAIT, 29 May 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#9 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'm only asking for 1920x1080. Temps are fine all around, I was monitoring them nonstop when I first built the PC and oc'd it. I used this card in my old PC paired with an oc'd FX6300 at 4ghz and I ran on Medium settings just fine. This is a brand new install of windows 10 64bit but thats what was on my old machine as well. That's why I believe it to be a Ryzen issue and not GPU related.

#10 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

I don't think this is a Ryzen issue.... I have the 1700 also.... OC to 4ghz atm, plan on pushing it harder. I am running on a AsRock Professional X370 bios 2.20 and at 1.31 volts. I am also on a 32" BenQ 1440P monitor, and just got my new wall mount case done, with a 1070 Msi seahawk installed. Not even on a clean install of windows 10 yet, and I am pushing 80-180 fps with all settings maxed out. I am on a custom water loop, temps are not hitting over 40C on the cpu or the Gpu. My ram is the G.skill Flare, 16 gb at 3200 mhz.

Before I got the new build done, I was running the Ryzen with my ATI 7970 XFX DD 3gb card... and air cooling with the wraith cooler. Still no issues, temps were around 60C on the Ryzen. FPS dipped into the 45's but normally stayed around 60 or better. I was running a I7 4790K @ 4.8ghz also.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 29 May 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#11 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostFluffy Muffin, on 29 May 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm only asking for 1920x1080. Temps are fine all around, I was monitoring them nonstop when I first built the PC and oc'd it. I used this card in my old PC paired with an oc'd FX6300 at 4ghz and I ran on Medium settings just fine. This is a brand new install of windows 10 64bit but thats what was on my old machine as well. That's why I believe it to be a Ryzen issue and not GPU related.

You say you turned off the game bar, you also killed the game dvr, shadowplay and all overlays(nvidia experience/steam/etc.)? High performance in windows powerplan, prefer max performance in nvidia profile?

The cpu and gpu perform normal in benchmarks?

Edited by Flapdrol, 29 May 2017 - 12:25 PM.

#12 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Yeah Flap. I've gone and disabled all background crap, I don't record and I don't stream so I didn't need any of it. Max performance on all settings and benchmarks were fine. MWO is the only game I cannot play.

Edited by Fluffy Muffin, 29 May 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#13 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Maybe it needs some visual studio? redistributable or something. forgot what they're called, often installed alongside games.

Tried both dx9 and 11?

#14 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Its been in dx11 and I just tried dx9, 9 felt even worse.

#15 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

And those visual c++ redistributables?

edit: and dx runtimes

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-windows10/

sir james said:

I had exactly the same problem after a clean install of windows 10. I got the answer by looking at some old forum threads.

I suggest that you Download and install C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime and hopefully it should work after that (it did for me). Don't ask me why as my tech knowledge is limited.

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=14632

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

Edited by Flapdrol, 29 May 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#16 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

I was able to install the dx runtimes but my comp says it already has a more current c++. Nothing has changed :(

#17 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

I found that a lot of my stutter of death issues went away after I installed this one
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145
its a visual studio redistributable, but without it, I couldn't launch the cryengine editor, which itself is unrelated .... prior to that, I would have sworn on my left nut that I had all the required files ...

it does seem to me, that a bunch of the people who are less happy about it all, have the B series boards ... not that that helps you, but ...

#18 Fluffy Muffin

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Narc, your suggestion worked for a little bit. The game was at a playable 40 to 50 fps. A friend of mine suggested trying older drivers for my gtx760 so I did that as well and the game went back extremely low FPS. I reinstalled the latest drivers, uninstalled the c++ and installed the specific one you linked again but it is no longer fixing my FPS issue :(

#19 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Guys, this is really odd, because I m not having any of these issues and my settings are all on very high..... What's going on? Posted Image

I am also on 1440P on a 32" BenQ

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 09 June 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#20 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

I don't 'know' this will fix it, but you really want to get onto a bios that includes the AGESA microcode 1.0.0.6, and get away from version 1.0.0.4a ... that a at the end, which isn't uncommon, tells me that the boards were essentially rushed to market, which isn't surprising really, it probably stands for an alpha edition of the microcode, which basically tells the CPU how its interacting with the world around it ...

its my understanding, that the 1.0.0.6 version are the minimal to support the processors that they haven't released yet, like the 16 core/32 thread beast that actually has intel being kooky ... I mean sure, its probably going to be a 300w processor and need liquid nitrogen cooling through some method that burns an extra 600w ... but think of how fast you will boot! ... because the 4 seconds between my post screen and the windows login is too long ....

Edited by TypicalDogAct, 09 June 2017 - 05:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users