#41 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 March 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

If I controlled a unit or even a team, each mech would have ECM on it or would not be on the team.

then you would be missing out on most of the best Mechs, 1 ECM per lance is plenty.

edit, also in my experiance you definately do not want ECM on an LRM boat because that removes BAPs counter ECM function, and relies on the ECM in counter modes much smaller counter ecm radius

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 14 March 2017 - 11:07 AM.

#42 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 14 March 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

then you would be missing out on most of the best Mechs, 1 ECM per lance is plenty.

edit, also in my experience you definitely do not want ECM on an LRM boat because that removes BAPs counter ECM function and relies on the ECM in counter modes much smaller counter ECM radius

I'd try 8 Hellbringer and 4 Shadowcats. I'd have very good TEAM speed plus ECM.

I'd never fully understand the weird ways of BAP, the Clan Probe, IS ECM and Clan ECM.

I have 3 Mechs with ECM that I put LRMs. All I know is that when I'm in them it seems like I'm not targetted unless I go line of sight. And my Probe seems to find targets for me.

I think this is what you are saying: The Beagle Active Probe, or BAP, is a sensor suite that enhances the units onboard detection systems. Essentially it boosts radar coverage, locking and scan strength. It also can counter ECM at close range
  • 25% increased sensor range

• 25% decreased target info acquisition time

• Allows targeting of unpowered 'Mechs within 120m

• It counters 1 ECM within the range of 360m. It works the same way as an ECM in counter mode.

• If a 'Mech has both BAP and ECM installed, the counter ECM feature gets overwritten by ECM. So the 'Mech will only get the increased sensor range, the decreased target info acquisition time and the ability to target unpowered 'Mechs.
http://mwo.gamepedia...le_Active_Probe

Normally, when I have an ECM on a Mech I run it in disturb mode 98% of the time. About the only time, I run it in counter mode is when I'm in a light chasing another Light with ECM.

So....
  • If a 'Mech has both BAP and ECM installed, the counter ECM feature gets overwritten by ECM.

• Ok.....but I'm not using my ECM in counter mode so....why should I care?

• So the 'Mech will only get the increased sensor range, the decreased target info acquisition time and the ability to target unpowered 'Mechs.

• So I will still get "the increased sensor range", "the decreased target info acquisition time" and "the ability to target unpowered 'Mechs". Which is WHY I want the Probe.

• So the ECM on my mech is in disrupt mode and my Probe is giving me increased sensor range, faster targeting times and the ability to target unpowered Mechs.
Unless I can get a Probe to go into an ECM disrupt mode, it seems like the Probe does zero to hide me from being targetted. And an ECM does zero to help me find targets farther and faster.

So I will keep being a happy idiot and use both when I feel I need them and I'll have to live with the fact that my Probe will not counter another Mech's ECM.

Posted Image

#43 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I'd try 8 Hellbringer and 4 Shadowcats. I'd have very good TEAM speed plus ECM.

I am guessing you do not often play group queue, I almost exclusively play group queue, usualy with 3-6 players because a 12 player group can bring between 500 and 600 tons, however a 2 player group can bring between 40 and 200 tons, available tonage goes down for each extra Mech, get much past 6 players and you do not have tonage for many heavies unless you are bringing lights

#44 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 March 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

I am guessing you do not often play group queue, I almost exclusively play group queue, usually with 3-6 players because a 12 player group can bring between 500 and 600 tons, however, a 2 player group can bring between 40 and 200 tons, available tonnage goes down for each extra Mech, get much past 6 players and you do not have tonnage for many heavies unless you are bringing lights

I do and I believe that is the correct about of weight for a group of 12. I just want to try it and see if it works. And really in faction warfare. Your team is only as fast as your slowest member.

#45 sam wesson

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:45 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 14 March 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Hoverlander-llC-B
ALRM70+TAG+LPL
Max engine + 2 jump Jets

So no one will take you seriously.

You will learn why LRMing is terrible.

Bonus points if you play aggressively 400m away from the target and tank some damage for your team.

If you sit in the back lobbing missiles from 1000m away you will never be able to say, "There can be only ONE!".

Thre can be only one Hoverlurmer.

Isn't this a bit of a troll build? More of a works 1 outta 6 games?

This does seem more appropriate.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...71ff2838a42b744

Thanks for the idea!

#46 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

The best way to see the effects of using LRMs is to go to your own stats.

Go to Stats, then Weapon Stats.

First, look at your accuracy. Then look at your damage and divide this amount by your "Hits".

Then shake your head knowing this cannot be right and use your calculator again to do the numbers at least one more time. Then compare these numbers to other weapons.

Wait a few minutes to take it in. Then go to your Mech Lab and strip the LRMs off your Mechs.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 16 March 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#47 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

View Postsam wesson, on 16 March 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

Isn't this a bit of a troll build? More of a works 1 outta 6 games?

This does seem more appropriate.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...71ff2838a42b744

Thanks for the idea!

Troll? Yes, because LRMs are troll weapons.

Its, actually, kinda okay-ish.

The TAG is sorta high mounted.
LRM70 + Atermis+TAG gets a lot of those missiles onto the enemy CT.
JJ helps with mobility even though the mech is slow.
Plus people ignore Highlanders.

Mix-range Stalkers are not any better. That Stalker has 20 points damage at range and 30 up close. Why not LRM20+TAG+3ML?
Either go full LRM or use a Stalker for what its for: high mount Lazers.

Real LRM boats are agile mediums like HBK-J.

But newbs rarely ever take that advice thinking LRM Assaults are better.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users