392 replies to this topic

#41 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

The new skill tree is a hot mess that's not even remotely ready for primetime, and given the pace of progress on it I can't imagine it coming together in 2 weeks.

#42 silberfuchs

• Pip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

I sure hope with the patch notes they've removed the nerfs to IS and Clan weapon quirks. No reason to debuff underperforming mechs when overperformers get an overall buff from the skill tree.

As has been stated in other threads
Mechs with weapon quirks in current state:
10 (Base)+5 (Quirks)=15

Strong mechs without quirks in current state:
15 (Base)+0 (no quirks)=15

Mechs with reduced weapon quirks with skill tree:
10 (Base)+5(original quirks)-4(reduced quirks)+4(skill tree)=15

Strong mechs without quirks (none taken away) with skill tree:
15 (Base)+4(skill tree)=19

You've just created a gap amongst already underperforming mechs! Please give the quirks back to the IS and Clan mechs that are getting nerfed.

Edited by silberfuchs, 08 March 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#43 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm sorry, MechWarriors. PGI saw my poll got 2 "Yes. Release the Skill Tree as it stands now on the 21st" votes and decided to listen to this extremely small size and ignore that "Goddamnit, Cazidin." received 8 more votes.

#44 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

View Postcazidin, on 08 March 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm sorry, MechWarriors. PGI saw my poll got 2 "Yes. Release the Skill Tree as it stands now on the 21st" votes and decided to listen to this extremely small size and ignore that "Goddamnit, Cazidin." received 8 more votes.

Because your poll does not represent the majority of MWO players. Most likely the majority of players either rarely or ever visit these forums. In fact, I have scaled down my visits to the forums (because I am mostly staying away from MWO until the skill tree is released) and I missed your poll.

Edited by S0ulReapr, 08 March 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#45 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Big mistake, PGI. This thing is not ready. 91 clicks plus menu navigation is an absurd time investment to level one mech. It's a joke of an implementation. It's not interesting and diverse, it's irritating and most mechs are still going to take nearly identical paths every time. And you're sticking with 6 consumables? Are you nuts?

#46 Draglock

• PipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeogia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

I like the tree and think is good to go live. Dose it have problem yes, but they have this awesome new tech in gaming called a patch. If some thing is not working they can fix it.

#47 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Anybody taking action as to how long the new system will be live before threats of revolution become real?

#48 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

I defy anyone to show me a mech that would be overpowered if it retained its current quirks under the new skill tree. Removing quirks may have been useful for testing, but those mechs have big quirks for a good reason.

Quirks add variety to mechs, and give players a reason to literally ever play anything other than a KDK or NTG.

I will not be playing after the 21st if my favorite mechs have no advantage or purpose for existing in the game other than as a vestige of previous updates. They're inferior already, but quirks at least allow them to perform well in a small niche.

#49 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 08 March 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

KDK, NTG, MAD-IIC, BLR, GHR, pretty much the same ones you see now.

A lot more MAD-IICs, since it is coming out for C-Bills in April.

#50 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Get ready for the Inner Sphere Nerf BAT!!!!! Good bye Inner Sphere mechs and hello to easy button clan mechs...

#51 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Can only agree to lots of others. This is not even close to ready. To be honest, the whole skill tree idea is just bulls***.

This whole thing is even worse than energy draw. Be smart again and don't go live with this. This causes way more issues than it intended to fix.

Make the game more simple, more approachable, for new players, and dont just add unbearable grind and skill node micromanagement.

Instead of fixing something that didnt need to be fixed, please focus on more important things like map balancing, more maps, and stuff like that. Content is what actives people, not more grind and not micromanaging tons of skillpoints.

Pushing this to live servers is a big mistake. Consult with the most experienced players in the game, get your world champions to consult you if that helps.

#52 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

So no addressing of under performing mechs being worse after having their weapon quirks reduced?

Aside from that I think it's ready enough. Just don't do something foolish, like drastically changing skills after it goes live, then not refund them.

Edited by MechaBattler, 08 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#53 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Told you they were going to shove this down our throats.

Completely ignored any of my suggestions.

#54 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 March 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

We are continuing to look through the collected feedback and make changes where necessary. Some of the changes we have made after PTS 2.5 include the following:

It's about time this got released into the wild and tested in read world, 12vs12 scenario. I do hope your above commitment to change and balance the tree will keep up at a steady pace. Now that everyone will play it, we will need weekly update i think.

#55 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

I like the idea of the new skill tree. The massive changes to maneuverability I do not like. I understand you did not have enough testers and that is why you are moving to the live servers so quickly. I still think the move is too soon. Hopefully the you can react to players and their feedback in a quick and efficient manner.

The next couple of months are going to be seriously rough for the IS.

WINTER IS COMING.

#56 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Sounds like as good a time as any to switch back to playing clans for FW.

Also.

RIP most of my unique mech designs.

#57 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

I wonder how much time it will take me to skill out the 100+ mechs that have 91 points worth of XP, and after I'm done if I should just sell the 100+ where I don't.

Or if I should just do 1 and wait for the next tree redesign.

#58 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Return Consumables back to two (wtf six?), lower available skill points to 45, reduce the number of nodes, increase individual node strength, increase individual node cost. #PGIPlz

#59 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I like the new changes and had wished the skill trees got released last update cycle. The constant delays are getting tiresome. Let it hit the public and let the full community decide and see how it goes. The new player experience will be improved significantly with the much lower grind, some mechs that were useless before will be just gimmicky enough to work. IS has a lot of mechs that will be useful after the patch with their new buffs. I'll never have to swap a module around again.

Please lets just let this change not be delayed more then changed up into something nobody likes. The last time we had a PTS go on too long it became the dumpster fire known as Energy Draw. Lets keep it short and sweet here.

#60 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

• the cost of remastering is a no no
  • my vindicator will still suck,,,,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users