So My Friend Convinced Me To Play A Couple Qm's In Mwo.

44 replies to this topic

#41 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

The Shadow Cats strong point is this play style of pecking and just staying within around 600 to 800 meters, and poking in and out of cover, take a shot, maybe two or three depending on the other teams awareness, and then moving to another spot, rinse, repeat. I have mine mastered, they are fun to play, and can really rack up damage and kills if you follow this method, and the other team is brain dead to what you are doing to them.

With that being said, When I play a match, I am looking for them, waiting for them to show them selves, and they always do from that 600-800 meter range at some point in the match.... and I make it a point to call out over com's giving their location, and I go after them right away. I don't stop till I am dead, or they or dead. I have seen to often Shadow Cat pilots left alone to do their thing, and it cost us the game. Take them out as soon as you see them, watch for them.... kill them. Odd's of winning the match increase greatly. This goes for any ecm mech that has even a erppc equipped on it, Not only can it snipe, it is providing its team mates with hard line of site on your team and you.... Think about it. Posted Image

#42 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

(Reading comprehension fails here. Badly.)

*not the overwhelming firepower* (It's not even that I died)
It's the entire lack of physics and risk/reward in this game.

The assault mech might as well have been doing a flaming somersault 1080 into a grind down the building corner in an earthquake dropping the map into the 7th circle- still would've been shooting as though it was prone supported with a bipod.

It's a twitch shooter. (not a thinking man's shooter..not even a little.)

#43 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 12 March 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

(Reading comprehension fails here. Badly.)

*not the overwhelming firepower* (It's not even that I died)
It's the entire lack of physics and risk/reward in this game.

The assault mech might as well have been doing a flaming somersault 1080 into a grind down the building corner in an earthquake dropping the map into the 7th circle- still would've been shooting as though it was prone supported with a bipod.

It's a twitch shooter. (not a thinking man's shooter..not even a little.)

Oh-ho, so, tell us, o wise one, how much real world experience do you have with giant robots? I mean, you're obviously the expert here, so you must be involved with the Illuminati's secret mecha construction plant (funded by the Rotheschilds, of course) that they will use to forcefully institute the New World Order and kill half of humanity, but then use the better conserved resources to fight off the reptilians that secretly work for the greys, and then the Knights Templar show up with some gazpacho.

Or, maybe you just made a bad move, got caught unawares, and sucked a bunch of damage in the face because you took a risk that was poorly factored and instead of being rewarded with a superior tactical position, you got your hindquarters handed to you... And then came here to whine.

Edited by Escef, 12 March 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#44 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 12 March 2017 - 03:53 AM, said:

Humanity needs a hard reboot.

I've been saying that for a long time now. But, The Big Guy Upstairs is still steadfastly refusing to give me the go ahead to pull the plug and save the rest of Creation before this virulent virus destroys everything else.

#45 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

To be fair, he isn't saying that he's quitting the game. He's saying that he's quitting QM (I honestly never seen people acronym it this way)

But... do you not get shot up rounding the wrong corner in Invasion? I'm so confused...

Besides, we all have games we round the wrong corner and die first 2 minutes into the game. How is this any different? We shrug is off and move on, and not make a thread about 1 game. PS it's ironic that you said this is "thinking men's game" and put no thought into your action. So, there's that.

Anyways, carry on...

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users