So My Friend Convinced Me To Play A Couple Qm's In Mwo.

44 replies to this topic

#21 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostPaigan, on 11 March 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

Don't things like that happen in EVERY combat-based game where
- you run into an unscouted area
- chance is not completely eliminated
?
Even in TT, a hunchy can role a 12 with his AC20 and blow your head off.
Or take Counter Strike or RTS games or whatever. Bad luck happens and mindlessly running around corners is never good.

I don't see the problem. Only single-event-based whining.

I've found that in TT that a Hunchie 4G in an urban setting can solo a Battlemaster 1G with a little luck (AC20 to the leg, a few well placed kicks, BLR goes down, move to rear arc and gut).

#22 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostEscef, on 11 March 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

It takes 70 to 80 points of damage (depending upon how you allocate front/rear armor) to CT-front core/kill a Shadowcat. The only thing that mounts that much PPFLD is a joke build like the DireStar.

kgc's mount up to 121 alpha (everything above becomes overheat or ghost heat)
direwhales are at 60+20(doubletap) or 60x2 too

KDK3 with quad uac10 can also do 40x2 still... but those are rare by now.

those are the ones that come to mind...

then again eh could have been playing with stripped armour.

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Yes, let's judge the state of the game from just two failed matches.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Yes, let's judge the state of the game from just two failed matches.

well, in fairness... that's more "evidence" than most of the serial QQers use.

#25 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 10 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Go back to Eve clone.

Seriously, every lost person is potentially lost revenue. Based upon the last leaderboard and Steam figures maybe the player base might want to try and help PGI retain players. Lord knows they need it.

New every mech nerf and skill nerf as well as cbill nerf and money spent nerf will end the game for PGI.

NO worries there friend.

#26 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostKangarad, on 11 March 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

kgc's mount up to 121 alpha (everything above becomes overheat or ghost heat)
direwhales are at 60+20(doubletap) or 60x2 too

KDK3 with quad uac10 can also do 40x2 still... but those are rare by now.

those are the ones that come to mind...

then again eh could have been playing with stripped armour.

SRMs, LBXs, and UACs are not PPFLD. Oh, it's a lot of damage, don't get me wrong, but those weapons spread damage, and the UACs can be torso rolled. Hell, I have a Mad Dog with a 100 alpha (4xERML, 6xSRM6), but I can't one-shot mechs without a LOT of luck, the target being an idiot, and/or I sneak up behind the opponent.

#27 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well that was a mistake.

I brought a shadowcat (favorite mech), rounded a corner... and died. Assault mech with a bunch of pinpoint crap... right into CT.. snapshot while landing. (I didn't even get to turn my legs more than a few degrees...)
Yeah, your game is still a hideous Quazimodo CoD wanna be.

My friend apologized.
Good day, unimaginative [individuals].

Ignore the bittervets. This game is full of flaws, and if you aren't happy playing it, thankfully there are plenty of other options!

#28 Dan Zakarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well that was a mistake.

I brought a shadowcat (favorite mech), rounded a corner... and died. Assault mech with a bunch of pinpoint crap... right into CT.. snapshot while landing. (I didn't even get to turn my legs more than a few degrees...)
Yeah, your game is still a hideous Quazimodo CoD wanna be.

My friend apologized.
Good day, unimaginative [individuals].

https://en.wikipedia...93Kruger_effect

Have a great day, my friend!

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostDan Zakarius, on 11 March 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

https://en.wikipedia...93Kruger_effect

Have a great day, my friend!

modern games realyl seem to feed into that condition, don't they? So is that a statement about the state of games... or the state of gamers, today? Has the illuminati achieved it's goal, with mcdonalds, american idol and video games... of turning the masses into low functioning, fat and lazy drones? (ok, some are fitness nuts, and vegans, etc...)

#30 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

modern games realyl seem to feed into that condition, don't they? So is that a statement about the state of games... or the state of gamers, today? Has the illuminati achieved it's goal, with mcdonalds, american idol and video games... of turning the masses into low functioning, fat and lazy drones? (ok, some are fitness nuts, and vegans, etc...)

Ignoring the hilarity of the illuminati and honestly most of your post, I find this as my favorite summary of why potatoes exist.

#31 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostEscef, on 11 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

SRMs, LBXs, and UACs are not PPFLD. Oh, it's a lot of damage, don't get me wrong, but those weapons spread damage, and the UACs can be torso rolled. Hell, I have a Mad Dog with a 100 alpha (4xERML, 6xSRM6), but I can't one-shot mechs without a LOT of luck, the target being an idiot, and/or I sneak up behind the opponent.

maybe he just took a dual gauss to the face, if he took of 3 points of armour thats a guaranted onehit too.

also kgc build can use dual gauss for heat efficiency and lasers and still reach that damage.

Edited by Kangarad, 11 March 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#32 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

That assault probably had a friend the OP didn't see. That sounds like a focuspoof to me. God knows it's happened to me often enough. Turn a corner into an enemy lance...jackass assaults following decide that they want to cower behind me and keep me from getting to cover...0.5 seconds later *poof.*

There's a reason I like mechs with jump jets. I can usually levitate out of problems like that and let the ones trying to use me as a meat shield take the hits. Marauder IICs mostly have no jets, sadly, and the one that does doesn't get enough lift for it to matter. The only assault I know that can jump worth a hoot is a 9K Victor with max hoverjets.

Edited by Chados, 11 March 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#33 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

(Some clarification)

No, it's not my only 2 matches. (Obviously, been around for a while) It was my first two matches in a very long time. I quit the game a long time ago. (I don't think I've played more than 10 matches in the last 18 months) He was telling me the game was different.

It's not the overwhelming firepower that annoyed me. (It's an assault.) It is that said assault was in the middle of a landing and swung his torso around for a snapshot that ended a mech in one shot.

It was the equivalent of a call of duty 360 noscope as you jump off a roof.
No physics.
No risk/reward. (Usually when one is jumping or landing, it's really goddamned hard to aim in any case.)
Perfect pinpoint alphastrike on a snapshot.

It's still a ****** CoD analog in all the wrong places. I'll be on Living Legends if you want to play an actual mechwarrior game.

dont bother talking to these fanbois, this community is tiny and dying, the game is awful, but dont bother posting anymore, all thats left are the 'white knight' crowd suckling mechpacks from PGIs diseased ***.

#34 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 March 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

Ignoring the hilarity of the illuminati and honestly most of your post, I find this as my favorite summary of why potatoes exist.

Restos, I salute you.
Posted Image

Also, like for Dunning-Kruger effect. Root of all evil.

Edited by Paigan, 11 March 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 11 March 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

dont bother talking to these fanbois, this community is tiny and dying, the game is awful, but dont bother posting anymore, all thats left are the 'white knight' crowd suckling mechpacks from PGIs diseased ***.

naw still see a lot of bittervet twats hanging around, "black knighting" because apparently their lives are so pathetic all they have left to do is whine bout "bad games they hate and don't play".

Funny that. Even funnier to see people marinating in their own bitterness on the slim, desperate hope that some of their misery might rub off on someone else, who made the horrid crime of... *gasp* not being a butthurt bittervet.

View PostRestosIII, on 11 March 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

well, unlike Johnny Z or Mudhut, I don't believe in an Illuminati, so yeah, I would hope people would not take a post referencing them too seriously. That said...most people's misery is of their own creation, at least in these parts of our life.

I'd say Mr Cleese here can be summed up thusly?
Posted Image

Also, I think Mr Cleese should have added the entirety of Reddit to the list......

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 11 March 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#36 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostKangarad, on 11 March 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

maybe he just took a dual gauss to the face, if he took of 3 points of armour thats a guaranted onehit too.

also kgc build can use dual gauss for heat efficiency and lasers and still reach that damage.

Yeah, but once again, not PPFLD. Basically, the OP got caught off guard, and probably too stunned to twist in time. It happens. Instead of learning he chose to whine.

#37 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

How dare you face anyone other than potatoes that can't shoot straight, clearly it is the game's fault that players can advance their skill in placing shots where they want them

#38 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Something just smells like the OP went yolo in their matches ... this is a think mans shooter, key part is thinking :P

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 11 March 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

NOTE: I am certain even the best players may get caught out once in a while but that's just one game. Learn and adapt.

I average about 400 damage a match. Last night I had a match where I did 17 damage.

That's one followed by seven. Seventeen.

It was bad positioning on my part and clever play by an opponent. (I had checked behind me in the tunnel on Crimson, but I didn't see an ERL ECM Raven sitting waaaay back outside ready to poke us in the back. He timed his attack perfectly with some of his teammates attacking from the front. By the time I realised my back armor had gone, it was too late and my Huggin was dead.)

17 damage. My lowest score ever, I think.

But anyway, the point is: if you get a really low score, it's always your fault. Even in the worst drops, where you're teamed with the worst pugtatoes the Secret Tier 6 has to offer - and I had a lot of those yesterday - it's possible to get at least 250 damage.

And that's just by playing sensibly, not even resorting to non-teaming hide and poke tactics, running away, etc.

So I'd encourage you to just give a bit more thought to "what if there's a Kodiak Spirit Bear just around that corner" (or "what if there's an ERL Raven sitting out the back of that tunnel") and giving it another go.

View PostLordBraxton, on 11 March 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I'm not in any way a white knight. But I "own" my mistakes, and I encourage others to do the same.

Edited by Appogee, 12 March 2017 - 01:24 AM.

#40 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:53 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Masses are to involved keeping up with the kardashians while staring at a cell phone and texting the person standing next to them.

Humanity needs a hard reboot.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users