12 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

So i just bought a Linebacker and have been using it for the past few hours. I was excited as its a heavy with a top speed. But as i take damage i notice i was being destroyed very easily. I was dying way quicker than any other heavy i have piloted and i thought maybe i was just having some bad matches. I did well on a few matches pulling about 600 to 750 dmg on each but still i was finding myself at critical damage especially to my CT faster than normal.

IS this something that any of you have experienced with this mech? I mean my CT armor points are maxed and i could understand if it was my rear ct that was getting hit due to most of my points are in the front CT.

This is the first time i have ever posted anything like this. Because i know the difference between just having some bad matches, completely sucking in a mech, and dying too quickly.
It could be that i was getting cored by a gauss sniper for those matches but the chances of that is slim.

So has anyone noticed this?

#2 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

The Linebacker has a very large CT hitbox, enough so that it's often called the Clan Dragon. The Linebacker has very strong turn and twist rates, so you need to use that to roll damage away from your CT.

#3 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostNathaniel Johns, on 11 March 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

So has anyone noticed this?

Nope, Linebacker is surprisingly pretty good.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

Good Linebacker pilots make the mech last as long as that of a Timberwolf. You perception of the chassis might change after you elite it.

#5 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

You should learn to twist bro. The LBK suffers from the Timber Wolf disease - CT hitbox is pretty big. Once you get used to it, you pilot a great mech.

#6 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Linebacker is a tough mech, especially when twisting. You can't fight a lot of heavy mechs one on one, since normally they have more firepower. And more tonnage for heatsinks. You need to fall back, and flank, or push when your team does. View it like a fast striker, or opportunist. Harasser.

Used in that way, its surprisingly good. It's a mech that makes you work for your damage output, and to work different locations.

The name fits really well in how it plays.

Edited by Lazy Badger, 11 March 2017 - 06:35 PM.

#7 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

It is a very good flanker. I've had my rear ST blown out more than once when I wasn't careful about my positioning.

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

the VPR understands your Pain, ;)

#9 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 11 March 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

The Linebacker has a very large CT hitbox, enough so that it's often called the Clan Dragon. The Linebacker has very strong turn and twist rates, so you need to use that to roll damage away from your CT.

ROGER that. Thanks guys, I just bought this mech and have been having a hard time in it. thanks for the advice.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Did you adjust the stock armour values?

#11 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

For how tanky people claim it is, it still has the dragon nose and armor of a 65 tonner unless you use the omni pods with armor buffs

Like the hellbringer and ebon jaguar it cannot sustain under focus (to be fair, no mech can, but at least an atlas survives like 3x as long under it)

#12 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

I have had the linebacker for awhile now and it is pretty meh, not good, but also not horrible. Its like playing a 65ton Cicada with a hitbox the size of an Awesome.

#13 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

Just use your speed and agility in the fight and don't try to brawl much, since others stated, other heavies have more tonnage and firepower over you. Also if you played the Stormcrow before and elited it put yourself in a Stormcrow mindset it helps alot understanding the mech.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users