676 replies to this topic

#641 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

Even if they take away pinpoint damage, my Nova is still going to have enough focus with the 12ERSL to take off side torsos one after another.

#642 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostMuffledOrk, on 24 May 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

i dont mind waiting hours for a good game instead of waiting a few seconds for pinpoint alpha online.

Your standards are lower than mine. Any longer than 2 minutes for a game, and I start mentally complaining. Get to 5, and I give up for the night.

#643 The Pug Commander

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

so how long after this update do we get word of blake faction? They got some crazy mechs!!!

#644 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostThe Pug Commander, on 24 May 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

so how long after this update do we get word of blake faction? They got some crazy mechs!!!

But we have to be tiny to fit in their mechs!

#645 EDMW CSN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

Good to see that things are finally changing out :)
Should fix the IS clan disparity.

#646 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

Well it won't be straight power upgrade for the IS. Most of the weapons try to emulate one facet of the Clan version, but with a trade off. Like the light gauss being the weight of the Clan gauss, but doing only 8 damage. It'll probably have a lower cooldown and maybe low or no charge to compensate.

However I think the sheer variety of equipment will make the IS more interesting to play and build for.

#647 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 25 May 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well it won't be straight power upgrade for the IS. Most of the weapons try to emulate one facet of the Clan version, but with a trade off. Like the light gauss being the weight of the Clan gauss, but doing only 8 damage. It'll probably have a lower cooldown and maybe low or no charge to compensate.

However I think the sheer variety of equipment will make the IS more interesting to play and build for.

Agreed. With the injection of Clan BMs I would like to see build restrictions relaxed/lifted on clan mechs. (IS only pilot here)

#648 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm hoping with the tech update we do begin to see some of the IS Omnis. I would really like to see the Sunder come to MWO.

#649 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

I'd like to see some IS Omnis as well. I would especially like to see mechs like the Templar, Black Hawk KU, and Hauptmann.

#650 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostWill9761, on 30 May 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'd like to see some IS Omnis as well. I would especially like to see mechs like the Templar, Black Hawk KU, and Hauptmann.

Gotta remember IS Omni means an IS XL you can't get rid of. And mechs like the Sunder, Templar, Hauptmann and Avatar have some pretty broad, segmented torsos.

#651 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostAzure Kit, on 30 May 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Gotta remember IS Omni means an IS XL you can't get rid of. And mechs like the Sunder, Templar, Hauptmann and Avatar have some pretty broad, segmented torsos.

In the Templar's favour how ever is she does have high mounted ST slots and big sheild arms like a Battlemater... the Hauptmann will be a bit sluggish with that standard engine how ever...

Posted Image

Note torso mounted SSRM/4 and Targeting computer sensor locations on either side of the cockpit, that gives the Templar some hope of decent high mounts... the major issue for the Templar is lack of internal space.... with using both an IS XL and Endo she doesn't have a lot of space, good free weight (44t) though...

#652 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 30 May 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

In the Templar's favour how ever is she does have high mounted ST slots and big sheild arms like a Battlemater... the Hauptmann will be a bit sluggish with that standard engine how ever...

Posted Image

Note torso mounted SSRM/4 and Targeting computer sensor locations on either side of the cockpit, that gives the Templar some hope of decent high mounts... the major issue for the Templar is lack of internal space.... with using both an IS XL and Endo she doesn't have a lot of space, good free weight (44t) though...

That's why I was never a huge fan of it. Thanatos is nice tho!

#653 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:05 AM

Are we gonna have reload trucks in game now that we'll have rocket launchers. One shot weapons would be kinda meh and would fit only in very niche builds.

Reload at least in FP plz?

#654 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

View PostInsaneRotta, on 01 June 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

Are we gonna have reload trucks in game now that we'll have rocket launchers. One shot weapons would be kinda meh and would fit only in very niche builds.

Reload at least in FP plz?

One shot is sort of one shot... ;)

#655 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostAramuside, on 01 June 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

One shot is sort of one shot... ;)

Pretty much what i thought...

#656 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

The more conversations I have with people about MRMs. The more worried I am they'll end up being medium range direct fire LRMs. If they're as effective as LRMs. I will be sorely disappointed.

#657 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 05 June 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

The more conversations I have with people about MRMs. The more worried I am they'll end up being medium range direct fire LRMs. If they're as effective as LRMs. I will be sorely disappointed.

My impression was that they are unguided... perhaps I misread... I was thinking more like missile based LBX shots...

Edited by MovinTarget, 05 June 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#658 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, they're unguided. But I meant LRM in the sense of spreading most of the damage. Given the tube counts. It's very possible it'll just spread damage like an LRM.

Personally I was hoping for a stream fire at a good velocity and tight enough spread to allow for controlled delivery to target area. I know that means more face time. But if I can get more missiles to go where I want, seems worth it.

#659 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Well, I'm sold so far.

#660 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 05 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yeah, they're unguided. But I meant LRM in the sense of spreading most of the damage. Given the tube counts. It's very possible it'll just spread damage like an LRM.

Personally I was hoping for a stream fire at a good velocity and tight enough spread to allow for controlled delivery to target area. I know that means more face time. But if I can get more missiles to go where I want, seems worth it.

Soooo a cross between clan LRMs and SRMs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users