307 replies to this topic

#21 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

So that Annihilator...

Can it fire more than 2 gauss rifles at a time?

#22 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Oh Russ you get me the best birthday presents. Plus this one day before my birthday is a bonus!! Thank you so much man you are awesome.

#23 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

In all this excitement DONT FORGET!!!!! We're all Cheapskates and PGI is going to screw us over again soon.

#24 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

So, IS DireWhale, even slower Adder and TimberWolf's steroid-heavy nephew. MW 4 fans, rejoice!

High mounted arm guns on MadCat are somewhat tempting, but I'll wait for the skill tree and new technology to arrive. Wallet closed until then.

#25 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

it's not like i wanted assasins or the new IS hero's PGI not at all......shut up and take my money!

#26 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

Alex and art department knocks it out of park again and possibly saves pgi from multiple black eyes they have been taking. I'm now 140 dollars cheaper please put it to good use and invest it all in the joke you call faction warfare please

P.S.
Bloodasp next or riot fyi

#27 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

Again, I really thought we'd be getting the Firemoth. But other people seem excited for the Cougar, so maybe that's the better choice. Just surprised since we already have a ton lot of 35 ton Clanners. Would have been REALLY nice to get a 20 ton.

Edited by Domenoth, 14 March 2017 - 12:54 PM.

#28 Anatidaephobia

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

I'm still crying for the lack of Firemoth. :(

But the Uziel looks awesome, especially the hero. I like the Cougar special design and hero, but those are a bit too hardpoint starved for me to actually consider it.

One question, though- No Premium time with the standard packs? Intended or a mistake?

#29 Army000

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

Why can i still not purchase all the options in 1 go? I need to make 8 separate transactions to buy stuff??????

#30 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

I pre-ordered the Cougar and Madcat MKII Ultimate packs, my only comment is: PGI, why do you hate Inner Sphere so?

#31 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

Hey PGI, that is some impressive artwork!
All the mechs look very desirable, even the ugly annihilator - your interpretation looks just cool!

BUT - the early adopter reward... no special additional variant? no premium time? add at least some dozens of supply keys!

Edited by aGentleWarrior, 14 March 2017 - 01:10 PM.

#32 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

Holy crap! You may as well call this the Spanish Inquisition because I DEFINITELY didn't expect it! I have been hoping for these mech's for quite a while...Thanks PGI

Edited by CyanEyd, 14 March 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#33 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

"we will try to provide as fair an experience for all players, Clans and Inner Sphere alike"

So here's a question. Two actually.

1) the IS just got a light with the Javelin. What was the rational that led to the Uziel being released for MC/C-bills before the Cougar? (The Uziel goes on c-bill sale the month after the Javelin).

2) Staggered release, IS light, Clan light, IS assault, Clan assault...looks good but... The mechs prior to the Mad Cat MkII have their MC-release on the same day the preceding mech has its c-bill release. Even the Uziel comes up for MC on the same day the Javelin becomes available for C-bills. Going by the same pattern the Mad Cat MkII should be available for MC in December, and C-bills in January, but instead it was pushed to January/February. Why delay the MC/Cbill release of the Mad Cat MKII an additional month?

#34 Digimat

• Pip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Artworks looks impressive, very nice job Posted Image oh i remmeber the days when i got one shot killed just a second after first seeing the the anhiliator in MW3 :D

Edited by Digimat, 14 March 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#35 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hype aside, I am interested in Annihilator but 300 max engine rating make me dubious...
Also the Cougar, 81 kph for a light mech, meh...

#36 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Uziel: Cool looking mech (especially the cockpit area) with an awesome camo on the hero. Decent hardpoints, nothing spectacular, but with new-tech there might be new options I don't consider at the moment.
Annihilator: Awesome hardpoints, but a 100t mech with max engine rating of 300 is just not my cup of tea. Distinct but not necessarily good looking mech
Cougar: About as cool as the KitFox. But people have been asking for it, for whatever reason unknown to me.
Mad Cat Mk II: Will be a force to reckon with. Rather flexible platform.

Looks like PGI has been listening to the https://mwomercs.com...-mechs-for-2017 for at least 3 out of 4 of those mechs.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 14 March 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#37 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

I was so hoping to get that 20ton clan light... called Piranha :/ oh well just the Cat for me then.

#38 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 14 March 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Again, I really thought we'd be getting the Firemoth. But other people seem excited for the Cougar, so maybe that's the better choice. Just surprised since we already have a ton lot of 35 ton Clanners. Would have been REALLY nice to get a 20 ton.

View PostAnatidaephobia, on 14 March 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'm still crying for the lack of Firemoth. Posted Image

But the Uziel looks awesome, especially the hero. I like the Cougar special design and hero, but those are a bit too hardpoint starved for me to actually consider it.

PGI says Fire Moth is not possible due to game engine limits that prevent things from going over some speed limit. Now, the http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fire_Falcon on the other hand is perfectly legal, weighs just five tons more and completely outclasses the poor Mist Lynx just as the Cougar obviates the Adder (as it is supposed to anyway) and the Kit Fox (that H config Posted Image).

#39 Danial Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Can someone verify the reward stuff for me. If someone were to buy all 4 ultimate packs, do they get both the collector and ultimate reward items?

I am pretty sure that is the case and is what makes sense. I am probably just over thinking it.

#40 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 14 March 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

PGI says Fire Moth is not possible due to game engine limits that prevent things from going over some speed limit. Now, the http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fire_Falcon on the other hand is perfectly legal, weighs just five tons more and completely outclasses the poor Mist Lynx just as the Cougar obviates the Adder (as it is supposed to anyway) and the Kit Fox (that H config Posted Image).

Piranhaaaaaaaa!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users