#301 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

View PostAppogee, on 01 May 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

That's a big 'if'...

Given they have changed the rewards structure year to year, I won't be spending a ton of money on any packs just because they might keep provide me with loyalty rewards down the track.

Besides, the early adopter rewards are much less attractive than they used to be...
Premium Time - the thing I most valued - has been significantly reduced.
Decals - meh
Standing items - clutter your vision on the battlefield - what a great idea - pass.
Colors - meh
The +5% hanging and standing items are kind of attractive. But when I think about the bother of moving them from Mech to Mech for each match ... nah.

Bottom line is, the more PGI try to gouge me (and I have spent more than $2500 on this game so far) the less inclined I become to spend money with them.

In fairness I thought the 5% items would be a pain to remember and then realised they've effectively just become the modules I used to move around anyway. ;)

#302 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

Not sure if Piranha reads their forums anymore, but there is an interesting bit of naming going on here.

The Uziel ... Hebrew for "God is my strength"

"Belial" ... Hebrew adjective for "worthless" or "yokeless" which is why the name later became synonymous with satan.

Interesting choice to name a hero 'Mech. Posted Image A "Worthless" hero?

#303 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostAlex Reed, on 10 July 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Not sure if Piranha reads their forums anymore, but there is an interesting bit of naming going on here.

"Belial" ... Hebrew adjective for "worthless" or "yokeless" which is why the name later became synonymous with satan.

Well, Uziel is a canon mech, that' s certainly interesting though! I really ought to do more reading on Jewish lore, there are a lot of fascinating things that seem to crop up from there...

Belial is also one of the fallen angels in some versions of judeo-christian hierarchies... Lucifer's 2nd or 3rd in command kinda thing, if memory serves. And I believe yokeless is the version that applies moreso, as in the satanic belief structure, Belial represents personal freedom, and accomplishment... I enjoy reading about weird things.... lol I actually named my 66 Oldsmobile Toronado Belial for this reason XD

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 11 July 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#304 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostAlex Reed, on 10 July 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

I think they just took the name Belial from Mech Assault. Belial was Uziel's variant in MA. Either that or it's a giant coincidence.

#305 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

funny thing is I did a search on Belial on Sarna and it kept putting some dude by that name with some dude with the last name Uziel...

#306 CommanderTallgeese

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

after pre odering how to do get the mach as i don't have mine

any release date on this??

#307 6r33dy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:03 AM

View PostCommanderTallgeese, on 12 November 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

after pre odering how to do get the mach as i don't have mine

It is already released, you'll get your mechs as soon as you buy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users