Civil War Mech Pack Pre-Order!

307 replies to this topic

#281 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Something to keep in mind for those upset about the loss of premium time, we are getting some items that increase our income (2 of them for 5% each) that I am willing to bet stack with Premium time and the Hero/Champion bonuses if only because everything else stacks.

#282 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Quick question, is the Annihilator going to have 360deg torso twist like the Urby...?

#283 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 04 April 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Something to keep in mind for those upset about the loss of premium time, we are getting some items that increase our income (2 of them for 5% each) that I am willing to bet stack with Premium time and the Hero/Champion bonuses if only because everything else stacks.

Sure, and unlike premium time these will work forever.

View PostLazor Sharp, on 04 April 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Quick question, is the Annihilator going to have 360deg torso twist like the Urby...?

Eh, considering the engine cap it really should Posted Image

#284 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

The Uziel looks like it will be the IS Stormcrow, I might have to buy a few. Even the hero looks interesting.

#285 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

I will buy the Uziel collector pack tomorrow. It Is the only one of the upcoming mechs that I can see myself piloting.

#286 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

#287 Ryoma2040

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

Those bonuses only apply when buying multiple collectors/ultimate packs.
So people like me that are only buying one pack or the standard packs are still losing out yet paying the same money as every other pack.

Edited by Ryoma2040, 09 April 2017 - 02:51 AM.

#288 Tyroki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostRyoma2040, on 09 April 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Those bonuses only apply when buying multiple collectors/ultimate packs.
So people like me that are only buying one pack or the standard packs are still losing out yet paying the same money as every other pack.

I was going to say exactly this.
Bloody PGI.
Getting really sick of their crap :\

... Again.

Edited by Tyroki, 09 April 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#289 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostTyroki, on 09 April 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

I was going to say exactly this.
Bloody PGI.
Getting really sick of their crap :\

... Again.

The collector's packs are the best value for the money and have been for a while.

#290 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Regarding MadCat MK II:

I would like to know - since the Hero looks awesome - if anyone cares about fixing the the Hero-Skin.
Since the Hero has no Missile-Pods, it will look different from what the concept-art shows:

Posted Image

Will the Hero simply get a it's skin neutered in the way shown above,
or will it maybe get two optional missile-pods (if so, at what cost)?

I really like that skin, and consider getting that mech just for that skin. But not if it misses the Missile-Pods, I think it looks.... kinda ugly.

If we will get the version on the right, could we get that skin unlocked for another MadCat MK II, just to be able to use it?

EDIT:
Four days later, no answer from PGI.
No money from me, then. :P

Edited by Trashhead, 20 April 2017 - 02:46 AM.

#291 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

Oh, btw:
Was about to buy the Cougar - Standard-Pack; if I would have liked the general design I probably would have upgraded to Collector or even Ultimate.
But since "The Ultimate Pack is not an Upgrade option."... I'll just wait how people who bought the Cougar liked it.

Screw the early adopter rewards, since there is no premium-time in... and even the premium-time in the collectors pack isn't even banked anymore, so, there's another reason to buy later... if at all... *shrugs*

#292 Formosa The God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

I was wondering PGI if the list of weapons is final, I only ask as well... a lot of the weapons on both sides were available to both sides by 3067.

So will I be able to equip a RAC 5 to my Ebon Jag? (EBJ X 3067) ETC

Also by the same logic when will we be getting clan tech on our warhammers, and when will the clan also be getting access to the Warhammer 6R (C)

Warhammer 6R (C) 3050 Clan
Warhammer C 3055 IS

Or are you planning on keeping them separate (its my favourite IS mech and id like to use it on both sides as per canon)

#293 KrakenSomeEggs

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

Getting the Annilaitor pack, I like the mech bit I'm on the journey to save up c-bills to buy all 300 light engines. 32 kph is just ridiculously slow. Also, why are we not getting premium time now with our mechs?

#294 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

View PostTrashhead, on 20 April 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

Oh, btw:
Was about to buy the Cougar - Standard-Pack; if I would have liked the general design I probably would have upgraded to Collector or even Ultimate.
But since "The Ultimate Pack is not an Upgrade option."... I'll just wait how people who bought the Cougar liked it.

Screw the early adopter rewards, since there is no premium-time in... and even the premium-time in the collectors pack isn't even banked anymore, so, there's another reason to buy later... if at all... *shrugs*

Ahh you just buy the individual elements so I started with 4 basic packs then have been steadily upgrading them to ultimate as my wallet likes.... you just individually upgrade each component (aka add collector upgrade then reinforcements then hero ... or whatever order you prefer).

#295 Raviir

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

If you buy the basic package, then upgrade to collectors and buy the hero and reinforcements after the fact would you get both the c bill boost and xp boost items? Or do you have to buy the ultimate package from the start? I don't think the faq answered that.

#296 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostRaviir, on 27 April 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

If you buy the basic package, then upgrade to collectors and buy the hero and reinforcements after the fact would you get both the c bill boost and xp boost items? Or do you have to buy the ultimate package from the start? I don't think the faq answered that.

Yes, I believe if you buy everything it just upgrades your account to show Ultimate. Does not matter if you upgrade it piecemeal or purchase all at one.

Edited by Rampage, 27 April 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#297 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

Confirming as I did it - If you start with the basics, then add the add on's (aka collector, hero. reinforcement), it changes it on the ultimate screen to show you as having preordered the ultimate and on the main screen it colours/highlights the rewards and adds a "qualified" tag.

#298 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 15 March 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Did i calculate correctly that the Uziel has a max speed of 126 with 390 engine ? and with the speed teak its about 135. with 50 tons thats really nice Posted Image

135.8 to be precise

Edited by testhero, 28 April 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#299 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

View Posttesthero, on 28 April 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

135.8 to be precise

It is the IS Stormcrow.

#300 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 30 March 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

I'm sure its been said already somewhere in the previous 12 pages but the full ultimate level foursome of this mech pack also qualifies you for this year's top loyalty mech awards if they keep the structure from last year's rewards.

That's a big 'if'...

Given they have changed the rewards structure year to year, I won't be spending a ton of money on any packs just because they might keep provide me with loyalty rewards down the track.

Besides, the early adopter rewards are much less attractive than they used to be...
Premium Time - the thing I most valued - has been significantly reduced.
Decals - meh
Standing items - clutter your vision on the battlefield - what a great idea - pass.
Colors - meh
The +5% hanging and standing items are kind of attractive. But when I think about the bother of moving them from Mech to Mech for each match ... nah.

Bottom line is, the more PGI try to gouge me (and I have spent more than $2500 on this game so far) the less inclined I become to spend money with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users