Civil War: Clan Mechs Not Worth It Anymore?

156 replies to this topic

#101 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

#102 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

#mercenarytalk

Got to wait and see how these things will actually look like at implementation.

#103 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 15 March 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

needs third button: Complain Because Reasons.

MWO Forums: SQQ/DD.

#104 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

To be fair, heavy lasers could be garbage. High heat and/or high duration will diminish their usefulness in close quarters.

Edited by process, 15 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#105 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

View Postprocess, on 15 March 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

To be fair, heavy lasers could be garbage. High heat and/or high duration will diminish their usefulness in close quarters.

Anything could be garbage. Heavy PPCs could be garbage, IS UACs could be garbage if they behave exactly like Clan UACs but weigh more and take up more slots. We won't REALLY know how good things are until we see the specs.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 15 March 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#106 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

View Postprocess, on 15 March 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

So could literally everything the IS is getting.

*shrugs*

#107 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostAjantise, on 14 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

The balanced game will be hard on clan players. They are used to play with a big advantage. How will they survive if IS players have an engine as they already have?

View PostMonkey Lover, on 14 March 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Ya im sure a lot of clan players will not be happy about clan easy mode going away.

View PostvisionGT4, on 14 March 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

The best thing about new tech announcement is these clan tear threads... easy mode tears are the best kind

Sigh!

Posted Image

And seemingly the blind kind at that. <smh>

#108 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 15 March 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I am speculating the Light Gauss will allow a tripple charge while the Heavy Gauss just a single.

Single charge on the Heavy Gauss would be a deal breaker. It already takes tremendous tradeoffs to equip (no XL or LFE, no arm mounting), if you put two on an assault mech you are slow and have low range. You would be better off with gauss and PPCs than 2 heavy gauss if you can't fire both heavy gauss at once. Even if you could, regs Gauss and PPCs has more range and you are likely more mobile due to being able to use an LFE or XL.

That said, the 2 UAC5 - 2 PPC MAD-3R is going to get a nice upgrade with the LFE.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 15 March 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#109 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

I doubt the LFE will be garbage. That will certainly be very useful for IS mechs. Hopefully it doesn't come with that 40% heat penalty for a ST loss that cXLs have. Might as well be dead anyway with that.

#110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostNRP, on 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

I doubt the LFE will be garbage. That will certainly be very useful for IS mechs. Hopefully it doesn't come with that 40% heat penalty for a ST loss that cXLs have. Might as well be dead anyway with that.

I doubt it also. I doubt most things will be. But none of us can conclusively state any one thing wont be.

That said I would expect LFE to get that same initial penalty that was added to C-XL, before it got boosted.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 March 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#111 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostNRP, on 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

I would expect some minor penalty; an additional 4 crit slots is pretty insignificant. I can't think of any IS assaults that wouldn't directly benefit from LFE, other than the 3 AC5 or 2 LB10X torso type builds. Maybe lightly armed builds who don't need any additional speed.

#112 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I doubt it also. I doubt most things will be. But none of us can conclusively state any one thing wont be.

That said I would expect LFE to get that same initial penalty that was added to C-XL, before it got boosted.

80% TrueDub heat and no mobility penalty?
Or with Mobility Pen?

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 March 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

80% TrueDub heat and no mobility penalty?
Or with Mobility Pen?

80% TRUE DUB heat efficiency (for those in the engine, it never effected external...aside from what got shot off!) and the original light mobility penalty, is about right, IMO.

#114 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,770 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

That said, the 2 UAC5 - 2 PPC MAD-3R is going to get a nice upgrade with the LFE.

Not that anyone runs UAC5s that much anymore, but the Marauder does get a lot better with the LFE (as does the Bushi somewhat). Hell even the Gauss/PPC Mauler gets better.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 15 March 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#115 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 15 March 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not that anyone runs UAC5s that much anymore, but the Marauder does get a lot better with the LFE (as does the Bushi somewhat). Hell even the Gauss/PPC Mauler gets better.

Y'all were doing the dakka MAD wrong back then on that STD 280. It's a lot faster and just as potent as the WHM using an XL 300-315, a UAC/5, and a pair of AC/2 with the PPCs.

#116 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,770 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 March 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Y'all were doing the dakka MAD wrong back then on that STD 280. It's a lot faster and just as potent as the WHM using an XL 300-315, a UAC/5, and a pair of AC/2 with the PPCs.

It is also super squishy with that XL because all it takes is for someone on your flank to ruin your day, just like the Bushi.

#117 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 15 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

It is also super squishy with that XL because all it takes is for someone on your flank to ruin your day, just like the Bushi.

I mean, all it takes is for somebody to actually shoot back at the Warhammer while it stares with its broad and easily isolated sides, so...same difference IMHO. This is why the NTG replaces both.

#118 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 15 March 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not that anyone runs UAC5s that much anymore

I enjoy running that MAD-3R build in quick play, just for the "fun to play" factor. Its effective enough.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 March 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

I mean, all it takes is for somebody to actually shoot back at the Warhammer while it stares with its broad and easily isolated sides, so...same difference IMHO. This is why the NTG replaces both.

Honestly the WHM took a noticeable hit with that durability nerf, but still, I don't run XL Marauders. Its too easy to XL check them.

#119 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 March 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Since Clans currently, and aside from the few instances that stupid levels of quirk OP an IS chassis, dominate the top tiers, and have pretty consistently won the FW events, (IIRC).... um, what are you talking about?

This is letting the IS do a small amount of catch up. and recall, if the SkilL Tree ever gets pushed past all the QQ? Say buh bye to your IS mechs uber offensive Quirks. Making these even more needed.

I also play both sides. And to be blunt, when I hear Clanners or IS whine that there is some agenda against one side of the other, I feel a strong urge to slap the hell out of them.

Clans are still stronger, at the top, than the IS, even with this. Tell me... what wonder gun did the IS just get that negates the KDK3 or Night Gyr?

Might depend on if they make the RACs one shot or burst. Heck, it could resurrect the Jaegermech dakka builds if each projectile fired by the RAC is for full damage

#120 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 15 March 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Might depend on if they make the RACs one shot or burst. Heck, it could resurrect the Jaegermech dakka builds if each projectile fired by the RAC is for full damage

I doubt it. We already know there is going to be a "wind up" and "wind down" time, and the jam chance is probably going to be very prohibitive. How many RACs can one even fit on a Jager? 3 RAC2s? 2 RAC2s 1 RAC5?

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users