Dangers Hidden In The New Weapon Update

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I predict that the oncomming weapons upgrade will immediately outrage the playerbase because of a total lack of balance.

Given how PGI was unable to handle easy tasks and the years long endeavour to balance Clan vs IS, a sudden addition of 23 system might be desastrous.

I want the new stuff in the game, dont get me wrong here. I just see the potential for massive faliure. However, i also see that there is ways to make it work. Just not everything in one huge leap.

Please PGI, do the following to avoid a total desaster balancewise:

Important!
1.) Communicate clearly why you decide to nerf some IS mechs that are totally underperforming. I dont belive for a second that you knew what you were doing there, but forum rumor has, that the nerfs aimed at new equip comming soon. Make a Roadmap with detailed information why you decided to take some quirks and actually listen to feedback from good players. You know who did good during the MWOWC, do some extended testing with them before you release anything for PTS sessions. This will then shift the balance in favour of mediocore and bad players that also have to get a game that works for them. WRITE down why you decide to change things to the new values, this will help you guys understand your own system better, which most of the time you do not judgeing by alot of the decissions made so far in the game.

2.) Do things stepwise. I do not trust you to implement things in a balanced fashion in one try. Add a weapon every month and tweak values until some kind of balance is archived. Do so by starting with the easy items and devellop an environment where players feel understood and feedback is not wiped away untill you realize that it has crashed an burned like info warefare, energy drain and skilltree update. Again, give a detailed statement in the forum why you did things to avoid the mountains of salt and to force a constructive feedback.

Not so important if 1 and 2 are done correctly

3.) Let lose of your ideas if they dont work. The skilltree failure seem to have happened because someone couldnt let loose and took things personally.

4.) Get a deticated spokesperson with the ability to not take things personal so a cheapskate gate wont happen again.

TL:DR STEPWISE please and DETAILED info on WHY you did things the way you did them.

#2 Arguss10

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationPerth , Western Australia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

I totally agree with you on this. The weapons should be gradually brought in so balance can be be corrected in small increments. It also spices up game slowly ,whereas doing it this way, you are not are giving us all the fun stuff at once. On the other hand , if the balance system is out , it could end up being sour goodies which could take a long time to fix.

#3 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

I'm okay with anything. I don't do any competitive games, where balance matters but as a clan CW player I actually want people to play IS more and play IS better.

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 16 March 2017 - 10:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users