#1 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

Here's my current go to mech... the Hellbringer F(L)! Discovered it in my inventory by accident... never really liked it as I prefer chicken walkers until... until... I got bored enough to look at it and found that it can fit 2 LBX20s!!!! Twin LBX20 running around at 80+kph with ECM!!! From that point forward, I never looked back. Great KDR, and great team contributor (Sneaking around and breaking enemy lines from behind). My Scorch comes in a close second but it lacks the speed and agility for my playstyle. It seems to be unable to disengage from an engagement when needed even though it has decent speed and of course, by virtue of being a Marauder IIC, its always a priority target, making survival harder as well. This humble Loki seems to get away with a lot of attention and I LOVE it!

Posted Image

Edited by Pr8Dator, 19 March 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#2 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

Dude... what?

2x lbx 20, 3x erml, ecm? On a HBR?

Are you playing without armor and 1t of ammo?

Even with stock armor values, which are suicide, those weapons only leave 0.5t for ammo, which would be 3 shots of lbx.

You sure you aren't using LBX 10?

Edited by meteorol, 19 March 2017 - 02:31 AM.

#3 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 19 March 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

Dude... what?

2x lbx 20, 3x erml, ecm? On a HBR?

Are you playing without armor and 1t of ammo?

hahaha standard default armor and 2 tons of ammo, enough to rack in 3 to 4 kills per game! LOL! (I go for the rear armor for healthy mechs and right in the face for injured ones). The HBR in MWO is indeed like what the lore says, makes inner sphere warriors wonder how clans managed to fit such ridiculous array of weapons on such a light mech. I too was surprised as my last twin LBX20 mech was a Masakari and it didn't turn out well as it lacked the speed nor agility to use this weapon system effectively. I was surprised a heavy mech running at 80+ kph can deploy assault mech level weaponry as well... it was an accidental finding.

Edited by Pr8Dator, 19 March 2017 - 02:34 AM.

#4 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 19 March 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

hahaha standard default armor and 2 tons of ammo, enough to rack in 3 to 4 kills per game! LOL! (I go for the rear armor for healthy mechs and right in the face for injured ones). The HBR in MWO is indeed like what the lore says, makes inner sphere warriors wonder how clans managed to fit such ridiculous array of weapons on such a light mech.

You realize that a stock HBR is so badly armored it can be oneshotted through the CT by some builds and be twoshotted by almost any heavy out there?

That's a pretty terrible thing to use, frankly speaking.

#5 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 19 March 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

You realize that a stock HBR is so badly armored it can be oneshotted through the CT by some builds and be twoshotted by almost any heavy out there?

That's a pretty terrible thing to use, frankly speaking.

Yes, thats what I heard, thats why before I used this mech just a couple of days ago, I personally never bothered with hellbringers on the battlefield in my Marauders. However, I find that because of the ECM and nobody really give a **** about this weak mech, I actually survive longer as long as I run with other more attractive teammates and cover them with my ECM at the same time. Then when the time comes to ninja behind, I go around, basically undetected, pop one or two delicious assaults from behind and disappear just as quickly. I was surprised too how effective this mech is to me that despite I just spent like $30 or so on my new set of Marauder IICs and Scorch, I kept playing this mech LOL!

Edited by Pr8Dator, 19 March 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#6 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 19 March 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

I was surprised too how effective this mech is to me that despite I just spent like $30 or so on my new set of Marauder IICs and Scorch, I kept plaything this mech LOL!

The HBR is an effective mech. If you use a suitable build... Your build though... i'll be honest with you. It might be effective against terrible players. Any decent player will eat you alive in about 5 seconds with that kind of armor values.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

HBR-F(L) Money maker build

Have big success with it.

500,000 C-Bill match without Premium.

Posted Image

#8 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 March 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

HBR-F(L) Money maker build

Have big success with it.

500,000 C-Bill match without Premium.

Posted Image

I tot of this built but my Marauder IIC A can mount these with better heat efficiency, more armor and almost the same speed... but thats a VERY NICE SCORE! and I think its more about your skill than your mech!

#9 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 19 March 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I tot of this built but my Marauder IIC A can mount these with better heat efficiency, more armor and almost the same speed... but thats a VERY NICE SCORE! and I think its more about your skill than your mech!

Hellbringer's ECM and high mounts do help to minimize enemy's return-fire. I am gonna get MAD-IICs in April with C-Bills, and I will see how it will perform. I am particularly interested in the MAD-IIC and MAD-IIC-D variants. Too bad Scorch is behind paywall. Ah well, Deathstrike will eclipse it later on, anyway.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 March 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#10 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

Hellbringer's ECM and high mounts do help to minimize enemy's return-fire. I am gonna get MAD-IICs in April with C-Bills, and I will see how it will perform. I am particularly interested in the MAD-IIC and MAD-IIC-D variants. Too bad Scorch is behind paywall. Ah well, Deathstrike will eclipse it later on, anyway.

The MAD-IIC-D is my current favourite 'mech.

2x LB10X, 2x ASRM6, then either an LPL or PPC, depending on my mood.

#11 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

I use the same variant of El Bandito for the (L) variant. you can't be disapointed with dat one.

My go to variant for a brawl is the Prime(I) :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...38519fc309361fa

It's just so good and brainless. It's so heat efficient, you can brawl for ever while pewpewing like a crazy ! When i'm lazy i often use this mech...

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

My favorit build is also an Hellbringer.
If the Image dosn't show....
ER-PPC
LRM10
3xERM
4ERL
ECM
Posted Image

Its not about efficentcy but fun and beeing an allrounder supporting your team in any given situation.
Its based on one of my TT mechs. Originaly an IS Mech called Nesutizale (suprise) the Loki was the best frame to rebuild the mech in MWO.

Edited by Nesutizale, 19 March 2017 - 04:42 AM.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 19 March 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

My favorit build is also an Hellbringer.
If the Image dosn't show....
ER-PPC
LRM10
3xERM
4ERL
ECM
Posted Image

Its not about efficentcy but fun and beeing an allrounder supporting your team in any given situation.
Its based on one of my TT mechs. Originaly an IS Mech called Nesutizale (suprise) the Loki was the best frame to rebuild the mech in MWO.

A fitting tribute to Loki. This is utterly mad configuration. :D

#14 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

I have not had a go to mech since the Ilya was good, and that was before Phoenix Mech Packs.

#15 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 March 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

A fitting tribute to Loki. This is utterly mad configuration. Posted Image

TRULY MAD! LOL!

Its also encouraging to actually see that the Loki is most people's go to mech!!! I am surprised!!!

View PostClownwarlord, on 19 March 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

I have not had a go to mech since the Ilya was good, and that was before Phoenix Mech Packs.

I almost stopped at my triple LBX10 Illya back then too hahaha those were the days...

#16 StealthdragonB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

I just run my hellbringer prime with triple ppcs and ecm in one torso and two machine guns in the other, half a ton of ammo, everything armoured up but the arms, and with the remaining tonnage just heatsinks. It's probably a horrible build, but I just enjoy using it, just chain firing the ppcs, and I can still use the build with great effect.

Edited by StealthdragonB, 19 March 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#17 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 19 March 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Its also encouraging to actually see that the Loki is most people's go to mech!!! I am surprised!!!

It was the first chassis I ever Mastered. Looks like I should pick them up again Posted Image

#18 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Any under used Mech or weapon gets a boost

That goes for players also

About 3 weeks ago I took CLbX20 on the training grounds and pumped half my ammo
Load in to the back of one Mech and did not kill it

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostStealthdragonB, on 19 March 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

I just run my hellbringer prime with triple ppcs and ecm in one torso and two machine guns in the other, half a ton of ammo, everything armoured up but the arms, and with the remaining tonnage just heatsinks. It's probably a horrible build, but I just enjoy using it, just chain firing the ppcs, and I can still use the build with great effect.

I used similar Hellbringer in my CW matches. Except mine was with two CERPPCs and TCMK6. +30% velocity is sure nice on Polar, and Frozen. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 19 March 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#20 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

How to you post images on the forums? All i can do is send links.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users